Dr. J

IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA???

698 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dr. J this site has a lot of useful info for everyone going through this process. It seems like you struck a few nerves here (cant really blame them for how you worded it). Your post reminded me of Eddie Murphy when he was talking about "I want half Eddie".

What you have to decide is wether or not she is the type of person to do this. You cant gauge on other peoples experiences, cause you know of these people who have these mail order brides that only want to marry them to get into the states anyway, then leave the husband for a man they really want. So if she really truly loves you I don't think you will have a problem with her changing on you, unless she is only doing it to get citizenship. You be the judge of her character and if she doesn't meet your standards then don't marry her.

Kay

03/27/06 Sent I-129F to TSC (Express Mail)

03/29/06 TSC received petition (forwarded to CSC)

04/05/06 NOA1 date from CSC

04/10/06 NOA1 received in mail

06/23/06 IMBRA RFE notice date

06/30/06 IMBRA RFE received and sent to CSC the same day

07/01/06 IMBRA RFE received by CSC

07/03/06 Touched

07/04/06 Touched

07/05/06 Touched

07/06/06 Touched

07/07/06 Touched

07/08/06 Touched

07/27/06 Touched

07/28/06 Touched

07/31/06 approved NOA2

08/07/06 Received at NVC

08/11/06 Left NVC

08/23/06 Packet 3 received

09/07/06 Medical

09/07/06 Packet 4 received

10/02/06 Interview @ US Embassy London!!!!!!

10/06/06 Received Visa

10/09/06 Flying home

dev319br___.png

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Well I thought it was a fair question to be asked though it is subjective.

I know my Olya will be affeeted to some degree by AMerican culture. There can be no stopping that. However, I also know she is a very smart woman and knows the consequences of her actions.

Only advice I can give on the subject is to tell her all the issues you find unattractive in American women. Get her opinions on the issues and love each other. Things will take their own course from there.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_uzbek_2fagm.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
:thumbs: Much better Dr.J. Now we see what you really meant. I know we slaughtered you earlier but you really have to see that we woman took a long time to get to where we are. Some of us enjoy having our own minds and being free to use them. And really would it be so bad for your wife to be a little spitfire??? :D

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don't worry, Dr. J. I understand your question. What a lot of people call "antiquated," we call "traditional." And as you can see, it's not just American women, it's Western women (US, Canada, UK, etc) that we are trying to get away from.

Any of you who know Latin American women know that they are very independent and are NOT afraid to speak their mind. I'm sure what Dr. J was referring to was the traditional values that the wonderful women of Latin America have. The kind where their husband, family, and home come first. And sadly, whether or not those in this forum will accept it, many Western woman today do not embrace these values.

I-129F (K-1 Fiancee Visa)

11/29/05 sent I-129F

12/07/05 rec'd NOA1

03/06/06 rec'd NOA2

03/21/06 NVC case# assigned

03/22/06 case left NVC for Bogota

03/24/06 package rec'd in Bogota

03/28/06 packet 3 mailed from embassy

04/12/06 called embassy and requested to re-send packet 3

04/18/06 faxed and mailed packet 3

04/21/06 rec'd BOTH packet 3's...

05/01/06 rec'd packet 4

05/24/06 interview - APROBADO!!

06/03/06 flew to Barranquilla

06/05/06 back in the States with my novia

09/01/06 MARRIED!!

I-485 (AOS) / I-765 (EAD)

09/19/06 sent I-485 and I-765

09/29/06 rec'd NOA for I-485 and I-765

10/10/06 AOS transferred to CSC

10/20/06 biometrics appt.

10/26/06 I-485 APPROVED, welcome letter sent!

10/30/06 welcome letter rec'd in the mail

11/02/06 REC'D GREEN CARD!

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

07/30/08 sent I-751

08/15/08 rec'd NOA from VSC

09/10/08 biometrics appt.

Filed: Timeline
Don't worry, Dr. J. I understand your question. What a lot of people call "antiquated," we call "traditional." And as you can see, it's not just American women, it's Western women (US, Canada, UK, etc) that we are trying to get away from.

Well said.

I know my Olya will be affeeted to some degree by AMerican culture. There can be no stopping that. However, I also know she is a very smart woman and knows the consequences of her actions.

...............and those would be?

Not everything "American" comes with good consequences. Sometimes, traditional is good.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Timeline
..............the traditional values that the wonderful women of Latin America have. The kind where their husband, family, and home come first......... many Western woman today do not embrace these values.

Utter hogwash.

Well said.

...............and those would be?

Not everything "American" comes with good consequences. Sometimes, traditional is good.

AJ, give me a break. That's not how his question reads and you know it.......

Only advice I can give on the subject is to tell her all the issues you find unattractive in American women. Get her opinions on the issues and love each other. Things will take their own course from there.

that is what I have done. We actually agree 100% on everything. I just think she will be shocked once she is here. I told her life her is MUCH different than Colombia. For example I told her that some people here abort babies.....she was like "what is that?" I told her "its when a woman does not want the child when she is pregnant and the child is aborted before it is born." she was like "the mother killed her own child?" I was like "yes" she said..."that happens alot in the united states?" I said "yes" she said......."OH MY GOD!! I cannot believe it! I would never do that to my child." ....I mean..shes in for a big surprise...LOLOL.

Dr. J

The kind where their husband, family, and home come first. And sadly, whether or not those in this forum will accept it, many Western woman today do not embrace these values.

I think you will find MANY Western women manage to embrace these values actually.........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG what are you talking about. Do you now want to debate abortion?

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Any of you who know Latin American women know that they are very independent and are NOT afraid to speak their mind. I'm sure what Dr. J was referring to was the traditional values that the wonderful women of Latin America have. The kind where their husband, family, and home come first. And sadly, whether or not those in this forum will accept it, many Western woman today do not embrace these values.

AMEN AMEN!!! EXACTLY what I was trying to say......tryin to GET AWAY from that....I want "tradition." GOD dont change. I guess I was under the false inpression that all foreign women were like that....I guess US, CANADA and UK have more of a non-traditional approach to marriage. oh well.........going to get me a spanish woman!!!

Dr. J

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh dear God save me. What were you born in the 1800's?? Does that mean because I'm a nurse and choose to work in a job that I love I'm a bad wife and mother?

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

that is what I have done. We actually agree 100% on everything. I just think she will be shocked once she is here. I told her life her is MUCH different than Colombia. For example I told her that some people here abort babies.....she was like "what is that?" I told her "its when a woman does not want the child when she is pregnant and the child is aborted before it is born." she was like "the mother killed her own child?" I was like "yes" she said..."that happens alot in the united states?" I said "yes" she said......."OH MY GOD!! I cannot believe it! I would never do that to my child." ....I mean..shes in for a big surprise...LOLOL.

Maybe to spare her the horrors of the US and American women maybe you should move to her country? just a thought....

Filed: Other Timeline

For the record here, Dr. J and others, I was a stay at home mom for 6 years.

I did all the cookin', cleanin', drivin', scrubbin', managin', nursin', sexin', you name it I did it. That's what I WANTED. I wanted to stay home and take care of my young son.

My ex put me back to work to help pay for a car he bought that he felt I should pay for since I was the one primarily using it.

Don't give me that ####### about Western Women and traditional values. It's a two-fecking-way street.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.