Dr. J

IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA???

698 posts in this topic

OMG what are you talking about. Do you now want to debate abortion?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

DONT START ON THAT...IT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE .....PLEASE PLEASE........I CANNOT TAKE ANYMORE BEATDOWNS....FORGET I SAID IT!! FORGIVE MY IMPOTENCE...PLEASE.......DO NOT DISCUSS ABORTION...

ONLY AN EXAMPLE......SORRY SORRY SORRRY!!!!!!!!!

Dr. J

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think specifically singling out American women in your message was a mistake. There are many of them on this board. You made it sound like all women in America fit into the same bucket, which people who didn't take a moment to relax and think, became offended.

Anyway, I think what you were saying was there seems to be an eroding of some core family values in Western culture, specifacally the US. You want to know if your wife will be effected by this, and perhaps persuaded by far-left fanatical attitudes that do exist in small percentages in this country. I say, no, she will not be effected by extreme posistions or attitudes unless she secretly believes in those things now. But you must certainly be willing to accept she will be influenced by the culture here.

I got to add for myself, I think family values are very important. I am not Republican or conservative, but it is the way I feel. There is much to respect in a woman who is very concerned for her family's well-being and welfare. Or a man for that matter. I think one of the problems in America is people, and specifically women, who look down on a woman who stays home and takes care of the household. It is an important job! They should be respected for this, not put down as some dummy who couldn't do any better and is "barefoot and pregnant" in the kitchen.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Other Timeline
Rebecca,

I was referring to usarandyo's post. There is no question at all in that post, so perhaps we're talking about different things.

I'm referring to that same post also. It sounds to me like she's going to get put in the corner for time-out if she doesn't behave.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

And here I thought because I was resourceful and managing to be home to get my son up in the morning, tuck him in at night and have dinner on the table when my fiance gets home and found a job where my son could come to work with me. And all along I was being an unvalued western woman. HMMMMMM go figure.

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

Well, I'm coming from the other point of view in that one of the things I love about my husband is that he is so family oriented. I think that we can all agree that there is a major breakdown in alot of American familes. Yes, I think I could have found an American man with great family values--just like there are women--but there are alot of other societies that are more family based then America. I mean, the women here only get 6 weeks for maternity leave. In Nigeria they get one to two years. Just one example.

February 17, 2005--mailed in I 129F to CSC!

February 24, 2005--1st NOA

March 15, 2005--2nd NOA

April 11, 2005--Fiance receives Packet 3

May 19, 2005 Fax Checklist(Nigeria police report finally arrives)

June 6, 2005-- Interview Date!!!!Visa approved!!

June 18, 2005--Fiancee arrives in Hawaii!

August 14, 2005--wedding in Oregon

September 12, 2005--sent in AOS

September 20, 2005--1st NOA AOS

September 23, 2005--Walk-in biometrics completed

October 1, 2005--fingerprints received/processing resumed

November 26, 2005--EAD card received in mail

June 7, 2006--contact senators about AOS

June 28, 2006--senator says interview date is for August 14!!

August 14, 2006--AOS interview and 1 year wedding anniversary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I think specifically singling out American women in your message was a mistake. There are many of them on this board. You made it sound like all women in America fit into the same bucket, which people who didn't take a moment to relax and think, became offended.

Anyway, I think what you were saying was there seems to be an eroding of some core family values in Western culture, specifacally the US. You want to know if your wife will be effected by this, and perhaps persuaded by far-left fanatical attitudes that do exist in small percentages in this country. I say, no, she will not be effected by extreme posistions or attitudes unless she secretly believes in those things now. But you must certainly be willing to accept she will be influenced by the culture here.

I got to add for myself, I think family values are very important. I am not Republican or conservative, but it is the way I feel. There is much to respect in a woman who is very concerned for her family's well-being and welfare. Or a man for that matter. I think one of the problems in America is people, and specifically women, who look down on a woman who stays home and takes care of the household. It is an important job! They should be respected for this, not put down as some dummy who couldn't do any better and is "barefoot and pregnant" in the kitchen.

Exactly, Chuckles. Good to see someone else jump in to defend Dr. J. Women are discouraged by today's society from embracing traditional values, just as you described.

I-129F (K-1 Fiancee Visa)

11/29/05 sent I-129F

12/07/05 rec'd NOA1

03/06/06 rec'd NOA2

03/21/06 NVC case# assigned

03/22/06 case left NVC for Bogota

03/24/06 package rec'd in Bogota

03/28/06 packet 3 mailed from embassy

04/12/06 called embassy and requested to re-send packet 3

04/18/06 faxed and mailed packet 3

04/21/06 rec'd BOTH packet 3's...

05/01/06 rec'd packet 4

05/24/06 interview - APROBADO!!

06/03/06 flew to Barranquilla

06/05/06 back in the States with my novia

09/01/06 MARRIED!!

I-485 (AOS) / I-765 (EAD)

09/19/06 sent I-485 and I-765

09/29/06 rec'd NOA for I-485 and I-765

10/10/06 AOS transferred to CSC

10/20/06 biometrics appt.

10/26/06 I-485 APPROVED, welcome letter sent!

10/30/06 welcome letter rec'd in the mail

11/02/06 REC'D GREEN CARD!

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

07/30/08 sent I-751

08/15/08 rec'd NOA from VSC

09/10/08 biometrics appt.

One of my favorite memories from life in hong kong was all the western (usually american) men who would say how much they "loved" chinese/asian women because of their traditional family values while trying to sleep with every filipina domestic helper who would let them.

Traditional values: 2 way street

Edited by robinklake

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Don't worry, Dr. J. I understand your question. What a lot of people call "antiquated," we call "traditional." And as you can see, it's not just American women, it's Western women (US, Canada, UK, etc) that we are trying to get away from.

Any of you who know Latin American women know that they are very independent and are NOT afraid to speak their mind. I'm sure what Dr. J was referring to was the traditional values that the wonderful women of Latin America have. The kind where their husband, family, and home come first. And sadly, whether or not those in this forum will accept it, many Western woman today do not embrace these values.

AMEN AMEN!!! EXACTLY what I was trying to say......tryin to GET AWAY from that....I want "tradition." GOD dont change. I guess I was under the false inpression that all foreign women were like that....I guess US, CANADA and UK have more of a non-traditional approach to marriage. oh well.........going to get me a spanish woman!!!

Actually, being a WESTERN WOMAN, I think it is wonderful if a woman wants to stay home and raise her children. Operative word: WANTS. On the other hand, there isn't anything wrong with these darned "INDEPENDENT FEMINISTS" that want, or need, to work outside the home once their children are born. This has nothing to do with "antiquated" or "traditional", and it does not mean that a WESTERN WOMAN does not put her husband, family, or home first.

One issue that WESTERN WOMEN encounter is the fact that for many it takes TWO INCOMES for their family...perhaps that is due to what is important in their lives, and the trappings, but it is what it is. I know many WESTERN WOMEN that would have loved to stay at home to raise their children, but they couldn't because they needed another income to pay the bills. If that makes them undesirable as marriage material in your eyes, it is best you do go elsewhere. However, perhaps it's admirable that the women step up to the proverbial plate and are strong enough to juggle a home and a career and instead of bashing them, appreciate the fact that they do what they must and not fault their AMERICAN HUSBAND for not making enough money.

If you would stop bundling people, and a culture, together as if we are all a flock of sheep that are not individuals, you could begin to receive some of the answers you seek. If you and your wife-to-be are in total agreement in your relationship, then what is your concern? If she truly feels that way, no number of horrible American women could change her mind.

Edited by pj1959us

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

It has to be done:

popc1.gif

29 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

24 Members: onwa, rebeccajo, Kanyiri, welshcookie, Jaylen Brit, laneysera, JC75, Linababe, luv2teach77, ivona, Chuckles, Cassie, cmltdg, Fixer, joone745, LisaD, Joey559, alexil74, eau_xplain, Freda, ratpynn, KAA, gordiejo, Leafgal

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dr. J My fiancee is westernized since the age of 4 but those traditional values that I think you are referring to don't go away that easy. She's Thai by birth but raised in England since she was 4, even with the Western influence, it didn't change her traditional values that she holds close to heart. I try to help with housechores (she tells me to relax), she is always motoring around doing things because thats the values in her family. I remember going to Thailand and her Aunt was fussing at her in Thai because she didn't scoop out my rice quick enough (they told her she was lazy lol). So Yeah I think that she will hold those traditional values no matter were shes at.

Kay

03/27/06 Sent I-129F to TSC (Express Mail)

03/29/06 TSC received petition (forwarded to CSC)

04/05/06 NOA1 date from CSC

04/10/06 NOA1 received in mail

06/23/06 IMBRA RFE notice date

06/30/06 IMBRA RFE received and sent to CSC the same day

07/01/06 IMBRA RFE received by CSC

07/03/06 Touched

07/04/06 Touched

07/05/06 Touched

07/06/06 Touched

07/07/06 Touched

07/08/06 Touched

07/27/06 Touched

07/28/06 Touched

07/31/06 approved NOA2

08/07/06 Received at NVC

08/11/06 Left NVC

08/23/06 Packet 3 received

09/07/06 Medical

09/07/06 Packet 4 received

10/02/06 Interview @ US Embassy London!!!!!!

10/06/06 Received Visa

10/09/06 Flying home

dev319br___.png

Tracy you took the smilie right outta my mouth! :lol:

Edited by Jaylen Brit

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Other Timeline
It has to be done:

popc1.gif

24 Members: onwa, rebeccajo, Kanyiri, welshcookie, Jaylen Brit, laneysera, JC75, Linababe, luv2teach77, ivona, Chuckles, Cassie, cmltdg, Fixer, joone745, LisaD, Joey559, alexil74, eau_xplain, Freda, ratpynn, KAA, gordiejo, Leafgal

Ok, you got us!

I think it is an injustice to categorize "western women" as lacking "traditional values". Just because a woman is able to think for and express herself does not mean she no longer values family.

When your fiancee comes over and is exposed to the "evils" of the western world, her deeply ingrained values will either keep her grounded or lead her astray, depending on what those values are.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

......and TracyTN :P

Dr. J - I think we all understand what you're asking. But we can't answer that for you. Your fiancee is an individual and how she will change and grow as a person will happen no matter where she lives. If she's true to herself - her core values (no matter what they are) won't change.

And please know we aren't all snapping at you because we're all modern american, british, european women - we're people and did it occur to you that what you said may have hurt some feelings? No matter the differences in all of our cultural and personal beliefs we're all here going through a heart-wrenching process and we're the only ones who can understand it for each other. So, we'd like to be here to help you but you've got to understand that we all need as much encouragement and understanding as you do.

:star: Joey

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.