Dr. J

IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA???

698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I probably shouldn't but hey why not? I have a question. Dr. J do you want a wife or a lap dog? Oh my and I am not even from the USA.

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the sarcastic responses. I feel alot better now! I now realise how much of a jerk I am.......NOT.

Actually all the responses are mostly from women.....firgure...

and the rest of the responses from weak men.....

I have no problem with a woman speaking her mind...who wants to marry a BLOW UP DOLL??? I also have no problem with her going to college...MATTER OF FACT...we have discussed this already and she will be enrolling in a University once she gets here...........and ACTUALLY me and my current fiance have discussed this. She understand how a family is ran and is very much in agreement with me. What is up with this barefoot and pregnant deal?? did I say anything about that? and who said I thought all feminists were lesbians??? putting words in my mouth......VERY few people answered the question...just asking about the experiences with your wives.....all I got were FOREIGN FEMINIST responses.......

Dr. J

Filed: Timeline
Thanks for all the sarcastic responses. I feel alot better now! I now realise how much of a jerk I am.......NOT.

I have no problem with a woman speaking her mind...who wants to marry a BLOW UP DOLL??? I also have no problem with her going to college...MATTER OF FACT...we have discussed this already and she will be enrolling in a University once she gets here...........and ACTUALLY me and my current fiance have discussed this. She understand how a family is ran and is very much in agreement with me. What is up with this barefoot and pregnant deal?? did I say anything about that? and who said I thought all feminists were lesbians??? putting words in my mouth......VERY few people answered the question...just asking about the experiences with your wives.....all I got were FOREIGN FEMINIST responses.......

Dude, chillax. If the responses aren't useful to you, ignore them. VJ's the wrong place to come for relationship advice anyway.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Timeline

^^^

...what i said....

If ya can't stand the heat don't be hangin' around in my kitchen!

Edited by rebeccajo

Muchas personas aquí hablan español, amigo.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Dude, chillax. If the responses aren't useful to you, ignore them. VJ's the wrong place to come for relationship advice anyway.

Im new here....I dont know where to post......just signed up. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I thought since this said K1 VISA that I would post since Im in the K1 VISA process. Sorry. I might as well ignore the entire forum....minus a few decent honest responses. Thanks.......I'll just stay in the spanish forum.......

Dr. J

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe you should have worded the question a bit differently. Don't we all know how what we read and don't read between the lines can lead to misunderstandings? Why not try reposting the question asking what you really want to know? Are you worried that she will come here to the USA and change and your feelings for each other will change? If so then maybe your question is more about second thoughts than how American women will influence her. If this is the case maybe it's you who should answer the question. And I truly don't mean to sound sacrastic or mean. I really was just trying to help.

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

Filed: Timeline

Im new here....I dont know where to post......just signed up. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I thought since this said K1 VISA that I would post since Im in the K1 VISA process. Sorry. I might as well ignore the entire forum....minus a few decent honest responses. Thanks.......I'll just stay in the spanish forum.......

Cultural differences make communication about relationships difficult sometimes. This is a very multicultural forum, which is both good and bad. If you're looking to understand other cultures, it's great. If you're looking for a different perspective, this is where you wanna be. If you're looking for someone from your culture who will know exactly what you mean when you say certain things... then VJ doesn't work.

Good luck.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Being new is not a good excuse for sounding MACHISMO.

My fiance, Areilys, will be coming to the US soon. I have received notice from the USCIS that they have sent the papers to the NVC on April 20, 2006.....hopefully she will get the papers soon. I just wanted to know how many people have women from Colombia or some spanish country...ACTUALLY ANY country and brought them here for marriage and have been married. Have you noticed a change in their attitudes? How do they deal with the FEMINIST culture here? Has anyone wife changed for the worst and become the much hated "INDEPENDENT FEMINIST" woman that alot of American women have become?? I just don't want that negative influence to come into my wife's mind. How have your marriage experiences been with your foreign wives??

Umm ... in the spirit of charitability, welcome to VJ.com! :blink:

I'm sorry to see a newbie get such a negative enslaught, but I'm afraid you really laid yourself WIDE open for the responses you received. I suspect that many women and a good many men - throughout the Western world at least - would find a post that, appeared at least, to display a very antiquated attitude towards women pretty hard to take silently. I'm sure there must be forums elsewhere online that would be happy to discuss such things, but, as you see, it's obviously not here.

Of course, if you want any help and advice regarding getting your fiancee here, or how to help your new wife settle in once she's got here, or just about anything else except how to keep her sweet and submissive ... :whistle: ... well, please do ask - despite appearances to the contrary, this is definitely the best place to be getting immigration help and advice about all sorts of stuff from those who've been there and done that.

All the best,

Sheila

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Mar 07-2008: I-751 (Lifting conditions) sent

Apr 17-2008: Biometrics Appt

Maybe you should have worded the question a bit differently. Don't we all know how what we read and don't read between the lines can lead to misunderstandings? Why not try reposting the question asking what you really want to know? Are you worried that she will come here to the USA and change and your feelings for each other will change? If so then maybe your question is more about second thoughts than how American women will influence her. If this is the case maybe it's you who should answer the question. And I truly don't mean to sound sacrastic or mean. I really was just trying to help.

THANK YOU...THERE IS A GOD!!!

FINALLY......maybe I did word the question wrong....I did come on a little strong there..LOLOL.........OK let me RE-ASK:

I just want to know, after being married in the United States for a while, what is different about your wife? Has she changed? I know that people will change and to expect someone to NEVER change is insane. If anyone here has visited other countries you can tell the difference in values, culture, FAMILY. That is all Im saying.........has the values changed?

FOR EXAMPLE.....

Areilys told me that she would never want to have her child in a position where another woman would raise her aka(daycare, babysitter). she told me that she wants to stay home and take care of her own child because she feels that no other woman can take care of her child like herself. THAT WAS HER WORDS....I did NOT tell her that is what I wanted from her....that is her culture....her familiy is structured like that.

I just wanted to know, basically, how do you like being married to your mate thus far and what are some challenges that you had to work through....cuturally, mentally, finacianlly...whatever...that is all.

Is that better? Not trying to come in this forum and FIGHT....do enough of that out here all day.

Dr. J

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Umm ... in the spirit of charitability, welcome to VJ.com! :blink:

I'm sorry to see a newbie get such a negative enslaught, but I'm afraid you really laid yourself WIDE open for the responses you received. I suspect that many women and a good many men - throughout the Western world at least - would find a post that, appeared at least, to display a very antiquated attitude towards women pretty hard to take silently. I'm sure there must be forums elsewhere online that would be happy to discuss such things, but, as you see, it's obviously not here.

Of course, if you want any help and advice regarding getting your fiancee here, or how to help your new wife settle in once she's got here, or just about anything else except how to keep her sweet and submissive ... :whistle: ... well, please do ask - despite appearances to the contrary, this is definitely the best place to be getting immigration help and advice about all sorts of stuff from those who've been there and done that.

All the best,

Sheila

Very well said! :D:thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Dr. J - i think the answer to your question is 'how long is a piece of string?'

Of course she is going to change. Its a marriage and its a lifetime. I was married before for 26 years. My ex and I were 2 totally different people by that time. It happens. Just be prepared for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.