Dr. J

IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA???

698 posts in this topic

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My fiance, Areilys, will be coming to the US soon. I have received notice from the USCIS that they have sent the papers to the NVC on April 20, 2006.....hopefully she will get the papers soon. I just wanted to know how many people have women from Colombia or some spanish country...ACTUALLY ANY country and brought them here for marriage and have been married. Have you noticed a change in their attitudes? How do they deal with the FEMINIST culture here? Has anyone wife changed for the worst and become the much hated "INDEPENDENT FEMINIST" woman that alot of American women have become?? I just don't want that negative influence to come into my wife's mind. How have your marriage experiences been with your foreign wives??

I don't have any personal experience with this, but I'll give you my 2 cents...

I would not be surprised if your new wife's attitude changes at least to some extent once here. Having not enjoyed in the past many of the liberties American women are blessed with, she will likely appreciate her new-found freedoms and begin to adopt them into her every day life. You're going to have to understand that she may not always remain exactly the way she is today. That said, it would be a shame if she lost sense of her cultural identity. Hopefully you'll strike a balance that will work for both of you.

I wish you both the best.

If you keep her barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen she won't have time to have her mind polluted by those filthy Independent American Women.

reply:

This guy need a colombian girl in hes kitchen.she will make you cook

and clean dishes after

y despues te pegara los cuernos

ja ja ja

Interview date for jun26-2006 _ 03/13/2006 packet-4

fiance got her VISA on 06/26/2006 1:00pm

fiance wating for carta blanca/Permiso de salida from cuban Gov 07/2006

fiance receive carta blanca or exit permit from Cuban Gov 07/31/06

I am in the process to finalize everything and book the airline ticket one way to Miami baby

Fiance arriving on 08-22-06 From HAV,CUBA ....

Fiance arrive at Mia on 08/22/06 1230pm eastern

Mailed off AOS, EAD on 09/27/2006

package delivered at 5:21 am on September 29, 2006 in chicago,IL lock box

10/25/06 apply for SSN /she should be getting one in two weeks

11/01/06 receive email status from uscis Work auth is in the mail

Received NOA1 notices for AOS, EAD on 10/10/2006

Biometrics appointment on 10/21/2006 in hialeah Gardens,Fl

10/25/06 apply for SSN / should be getting SSN in two weeks

11/01/06 receive email status fromn uscis Work auth is in the mail

11/03/06 receive SSN number/car

11/06/2006 receive EAD CARD

11/06/2006 I-485 transfer to CSC Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident .I485 approved

green card in the mail on 11/29/06

Receive Green card/welcome letter 12/04/06 .I am done for the moment ,Thank Go

Mail I751 removing conditions on Resident card 08/25/2008

05/07/2009 permanet resident card in the mail I-551 GREEN CARD

07/03/2009 new greencard arrive good for ten years

Good heavens!!! Erm... this is an educated person???? My bloody bollocks!!!

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Would be a shame if she had her own mind once coming/getting to the states.

Does Dr. J Stand for JACKASS?

INDEPENDENT FEMINIST" woman that alot of American women have become?? I just don't want that negative influence to come into my wife's mind. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

MAN....I think EVERYONE here misunderstood me. Sounds like mostly women responding...and if so then I guess what I thought was right......BUT........I was only asking if people have wives that are the same when they met as they are now. MOST American men know how ALOT of AMERICAN women are........don't even have to go into explaining that #######. I guess the men scared to speak up..........Guess I got my answer. Some of us went to other countries to find wives........now ask yourself why bring a woman from another country into the United States if there are SOOO MANY GOOD WOMEN HERE??????

My goodness...not even 5 mins after I posted......get HATE MAIL......no one understands anymore...... :(

Just make sure that you treat her like I treat my spanish speaking wife from Spain. First, never let her meet other women, who might teach her some English and put evil thoughts in her mind about having her own life and mind. She might even learn English and enroll in one of them College courses to learn more about life, and may even develop skills where she could get a good job and be independent of you.

Second: Do even think about her getting EAD. Then she would want to work, and she would even meet more people. Third: Dont ever let her drive and get a drivers license. She may not have to depend on you and be able to get around on her own. Make sure that this never never happens. And Lastly: You may want to consider putting off her AOS and alsays threaten her that you control the key to her green card. Just lead her just a little and make her think that she will get it, but this is just a guise. Make sure that she never has the money to file the papers.....SSN is out of the question.

Just follow the Desert_fox's rules and you will never neve have a problem. She will always be home cooking a scrubing. Bring a couple of you old girlfirends home once in a while. Us men need to stick together, against them independent American wimmin THAT HAVE MINDS, EDUCATION and SKILLS.

Edited by desert_fox

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Timeline
Wow, you all are brutal. IMO, the OP has a right to his opinions, and if they're not in synch with yours, well then it's a good thing YOU are not marrying him.

are you american woman? if so- you are proving the very thing that he called all US american ladies.

in other words. he wants a woman that dont know how to speak her mind and act on her thoughts.

since, you are speaking your mind and his mind that makes you in his terms an INDEPENDENT FEMINIST!

there is a diffrent from recognizing your culture and speaking your mind. the two should not merge..

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Dr. J - If you really loved this woman you wouldn't be worrying about how this move might effect you but how it will effect her. I moved to England for 6 months to live with my fiance and it's scary to leave everything you know and try to fit yourself into a new culture. Until she goes out and makes some new friends and gets comfortable with life here in the US this woman is going to depend on you for emotional support 100% when she's missing her home and her family and her way of life - and you're worried about what yourself. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, she's lucky if she changes her mind before she gets on the plane.

And if you TRULY knew and loved this woman you'd already know the answer to your own asinine question.

:star: joey

Edited by Joey559

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Just make sure that you treat her like I treat my spanish speaking wife from Spain. First, never let her meet other women, who might teach her some English and put evil thoughts in her mind about having her own life and mind. She might even learn English and enroll in one of them College courses to learn more about life, and may even develop skills where she could get a good job and be independent of you.

Second: Do even think about her getting EAD. Then she would want to work, and she would even meet more people. Third: Dont ever let her drive and get a drivers license. She may not have to depend on you and be able to get around on her own. Make sure that this never never happens. And Lastly: You may want to consider putting off her AOS and alsays threaten her that you control the key to her green card. Just lead her just a little and make her think that she will get it, but this is just a guise. Make sure that she never has the money to file the papers.....SSN is out of the question.

Just follow the Desert_fox's rules and you will never neve have a problem. She will always be home cooking a scrubing. Bring a couple of you old girlfirends home once in a while. Us men need to stick together, against them independent American wimmin THAT HAVE MINDS, EDUCATION and SKILLS.

And if all else fails, DISNEYLAND!!!! :yes:

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

ja ja ja

ahora eso es la verdad!! ¿Por que todos tan enojado? Era una pregunta honesta. Nadie aquí entiende lo que trato de preguntar. la mayoría de las personas son de Canada o British. Quiero las respuestas de personas espanolas.

Dr. J

Filed: Timeline

Would be a shame if she had her own mind once coming/getting to the states.

Does Dr. J Stand for JACKASS?

INDEPENDENT FEMINIST" woman that alot of American women have become?? I just don't want that negative influence to come into my wife's mind. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

MAN....I think EVERYONE here misunderstood me. Sounds like mostly women responding...and if so then I guess what I thought was right......BUT........I was only asking if people have wives that are the same when they met as they are now. MOST American men know how ALOT of AMERICAN women are........don't even have to go into explaining that #######. I guess the men scared to speak up..........Guess I got my answer. Some of us went to other countries to find wives........now ask yourself why bring a woman from another country into the United States if there are SOOO MANY GOOD WOMEN HERE??????

My goodness...not even 5 mins after I posted......get HATE MAIL......no one understands anymore...... :(

:thumbs:

you crack me up :lol:

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
ahora eso es la verdad!! ¿Por que todos tan enojado? Era una pregunta honesta. Nadie aquí entiende lo que trato de preguntar. la mayoría de las personas son de Canada o British. Quiero las respuestas de personas espanolas.

I think I understood your question and thought I responded appropriately (I was not annoyed BTW). But if you only want the responses of hispanic people, you should probably have posted your question in a regional forum.

Edited by jenn3539

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline
Typically when young, attractive, foreign women step off airplanes in the United States, they are greeted by a throng of unshaven, man-hating lesbians who kidnap them and allow them only organic and free-range food farmed by radical feminist collectives. Sometimes they even teach them how to read and speak English.

JEEZ I DON'T KNOW, BUT I BET IF THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR, I KNOW WHY YOU HAD TO GO TO COLOMBIA TO FIND A WIFE.

Puke.

LMAO! Excellent! :thumbs::lol:

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

ja ja ja

Pienso que necesita cambiar su mente un poco, Los EU no es como latinoamerica. Nuestra cultura es un poco diferente. Aqui es mejor que una mujer tenga su propia vida y ser indepediente de un hombre. Y tambien, soy un gringo!!!!

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.