Vinny69

Working in multiple disciplines/occupations on H1B

55 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Roel said:

If you suspect you doing side jobs will violate your contract with your current employer (that's why you don't want to speak with the lawyer?)  then maybe you should reconsider. 

We already told you you need to stick with employer who sponsor you. 

I'm not suspecting any violations, I came here for information, which you are not giving me or are not capable of giving me. Stop increasing your post count, you're not helping. If you dont know something, or are unable to help, stop posting. This is an online forum where people come for information, not life advice. 

Edited by Vinny69

2 minutes ago, Vinny69 said:

I'm not suspecting any violations, I came here for information, which you are not giving me or are not capable of giving me. Stop increasing your post count, you're not helping.

I gave you information. 

If you want to do other job you need another work visa. Not my fault this is not what you wanted to hear. 

Your current visa allow you to work for 1 employer. No idea what's the rule for college, in my knowledge you need student visa or green card for this. 

Ex. https://hackinglawpractice.com/faqs/can-i-work-2-jobs-on-a-single-h1b-visa/

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Vinny69 said:

I'm not suspecting any violations, I came here for information, which you are not giving me or are not capable of giving me. Stop increasing your post count, you're not helping.

The Terms of Service rule this site.  It is against said TOS to tell others not to post.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Roel said:

No idea what's the rule for college, in my knowledge you need student visa or green card for this. 

Well looks like your knowledge is limited, hence I said what I said. Also, i'm not too dumb to know that i need a work visa to work in a specialty field. Do you happen to know if i can have multiple H1 B visas at the same time ? of course not. 

2 minutes ago, missileman said:

The Terms of Service rule this site.  It is against said TOS to tell others not to post.......

I'm not telling others not to post. I'm just telling that they're not helping 

1 minute ago, Vinny69 said:

Well looks like your knowledge is limited, hence I said what I said. Also, i'm not too dumb to know that i need a work visa to work in a specialty field

Seems like you didn't know that, That's why you're here. 

1 minute ago, Vinny69 said:

Do you happen to know if i can have multiple H1 B visas at the same time ? of course not. 

Actually I do know. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

7 minutes ago, Roel said:

Seems like you didn't know that, That's why you're here. 

Actually I do know. 

Seems like I didnt know that ? I'm on my 4th H1 B renewal and I dont know that ? Really ? 

Well then, why wouldnt you mention that at the beginning instead of discouraging people, why dont you give them potential solutions ? What I really wanted to know is can i have multiple H1B petitions ? Can I study in a college and have a paid internship while studying and working in another field. What I got was "please reconsider whatever you're trying to do"  

Also by the tone of your posts, looks like you're a trump supporter

Edited by Vinny69

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

That was almost 30 years ago. :D

"In 1991, Congress passed an amendment adding fashion model to the H-1B visa category, but excluding it from any particular education requirement.

As demand rose on the H-1B cap, there have been efforts in Congress to remove fashion models from the H-1B category and make it a subset of the P or O visas, to free up more visas for computer occupations and other skill sets. But these efforts have all come up short, entangled in the broader immigration reform debate."

@Vinny69 if you are considering to model fulltime inthe US:

I read about one user applying for the O visa (Artist Visa) who was successful (local forum). She applied as a photographer and art director. Sounds easier than it is. She had to establish proof that she was a successful  and above average photographer & art director.

• You need a petitioner (an agent or a company but you can only work for that company)
  • You need Deal memo's (Job offers for projects, gigs etc.) - there should be no break longer than 4-6 weeks between each job and the pay should above average. It is improtant to USCIS to see that you are busy and needed in that field
  • Letters of Recommendation of people who are also succesfull in your field, people you have worked in the same field
  • Press/Awards/Publications
  • Highest Invoices (they need to show that you are paid more than the average in your field)

All in all the applicant 2 years to prepare for this visa ( particpated in contests even though she really didn't feel like it).

Takes 3-4 months and you need a lawyer for this which cost $4000 for this applicant. Premium Processing (getting response within 15 days) = $1200.

But if modelling is still considered under H1B Visa, go for it!

1 hour ago, Vinny69 said:

I would have done that already if I could right ? I dont want to ask my company's lawyer about managing different professions. Which is why I'm posting here. Maybe more knowledgeable people should actually reply here rather than posting with replies starting with "i think, Maybe, I heard" If someone doesnt know the answer, just dont post.

Perhaps you should pay an immigration lawyer of your own then to give you advice, rather than wasting your time on Internet forums. Good luck.

stop posting. 

I'm not telling others not to post. 

Actually that’s exactly what you did as per the quote above. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

6 minutes ago, thepanda said:

That was almost 30 years ago. :D

"In 1991, Congress passed an amendment adding fashion model to the H-1B visa category, but excluding it from any particular education requirement.

As demand rose on the H-1B cap, there have been efforts in Congress to remove fashion models from the H-1B category and make it a subset of the P or O visas, to free up more visas for computer occupations and other skill sets. But these efforts have all come up short, entangled in the broader immigration reform debate."

@Vinny69 if you are considering to model fulltime inthe US:

I read about one user applying for the O visa (Artist Visa) who was successful (local forum). She applied as a photographer and art director. Sounds easier than it is. She had to establish proof that she was a successful  and above average photographer & art director.

• You need a petitioner (an agent or a company but you can only work for that company)
  • You need Deal memo's (Job offers for projects, gigs etc.) - there should be no break longer than 4-6 weeks between each job and the pay should above average. It is improtant to USCIS to see that you are busy and needed in that field
  • Letters of Recommendation of people who are also succesfull in your field, people you have worked in the same field
  • Press/Awards/Publications
  • Highest Invoices (they need to show that you are paid more than the average in your field)

All in all the applicant 2 years to prepare for this visa ( particpated in contests even though she really didn't feel like it).

Takes 3-4 months and you need a lawyer for this which cost $4000 for this applicant. Premium Processing (getting response within 15 days) = $1200.

But if modelling is still considered under H1B Visa, go for it!

This was very helpful thank you  :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.