1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

I really think my file has been lost or something :(

I’m going to call on Monday. I have a job interview on Tuesday for an early November start date. I need things to start moving! Yes, ranting on here really does help. 😠 

I think you should hold off on that. @alongjas has a very similar PD to mine and he only just got his EAD. My PD is April 9. Yours is April 2. Requesting for expedition may bump you off the line especially if you are already close because most times it's 30 days before they get on your case after the first week of "completing your request for expedition." If your center is NBC you have 9 days from today till you can officially ask them for it online and you'll get it immediately. Hang in there, either way, you'll get it soon. 

Edited by QED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/22/2018 at 12:05 PM, Sarah&Facundo said:

I totally relate! My husband got his EAD about a week and a half ago and immediately started filling out applications. He has four interviews, two which he just went on. He just got a job offer but is waiting to finish other interviews before he makes a decision about which one to take. It is actually making me SO sad! I started working online from home when he moved here so we could be together during this time. We spend all day and night together and I'm secretly really sad to see him go to work....even though I love and support him wanting to be an independent person. It is just SUCH a change going from living on opposite sides of the world, to being with him 24/7 since April and it was really nice. Oh well...back to the real world!! 

Wow. We have the same situation! My husband works from home too! So from March 1 this year, we were together all day and all night. ❤❤❤ It's gonna be strange because my work will be 12 hours per day, 3 times a week. I'm a nurse so I'm really gonna be busy. But at least I still have 4 days left each week for family! And btw, I need to relocate to Austin TX for this position because I really could not get an interview in my area (Dallas). Good thing he can ask for a transfer there because they have an office there too. He's very supportive about the move. After months of waiting for the uncertain, suddenly everything falls into place! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 9/22/2018 at 2:48 AM, Josephine Ann said:

I got my EAD 4 days after I received the notification! Two days after that, I had two phone interviews and I got two job offers the same day! I'm so glad that I'll be able to work now after a 7-month hiatus here in the US. Now I'm gonna miss my husband for sure when I start working. Hahaha Good luck @JloveN 💙💙💙 

Wow congratulations @Josephine Ann!. We got so lucky to have a job, just after we got EAD card!. No more stay at home for so long!. I am so happy for you. Good luck for you too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 9/21/2018 at 11:45 AM, Cristina24 said:

hey to everyone who has already found work, congrats! I am curious whether you need to show your education levels for a simple retail job. I heard you need a high school diploma at least or a GED. Which i have neither! If anyone could please share their experience it would be great :) 

hey to everyone who has already found work, congrats! I am curious whether you need to show your education levels for a simple retail job. I heard you need a high school diploma at least or a GED. Which i have neither! If anyone could please share their experience it would be great :) 

•  
  •  

For retail job. I think it depends on the company and the position you applied for. When I went to applied the job that I have right now, I brought my resume, education certificate etv. Surprisingly the company didn't ask for all of those documents I brought. I just needs to fill up the forms online, fill the training game, pass the drug test. That's all. I think you just need to try to apply the job you wish. Because I feel here in the US, applying job is very simple compared to my experience in Asia. 

3 hours ago, QED said:

I think you should hold off on that. @alongjas has a very similar PD to mine and he only just got his EAD. My PD is April 9. Yours is April 2. Requesting for expedition may bump you off the line especially if you are already close because most times it's 30 days before they get on your case after the first week of "completing your request for expedition." If your center is NBC you have 9 days from today till you can officially ask them for it online and you'll get it immediately. Hang in there, either way, you'll get it soon. 

Oh really? I didn’t know it worked like that! Good to know! I did request to expedite about 3 weeks ago, but never heard anything back. I ended up going to my local office and getting an emergency AP instead. Do you think that’s held me up?

4 hours ago, QED said:

My PD is Apr 18 and I requested for expedite processing last week. Will it affect my case? Like, will it take longer instead of just waiting for them to touch on my case?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
34 minutes ago, antipasti7 said:

My PD is Apr 18 and I requested for expedite processing last week. Will it affect my case? Like, will it take longer instead of just waiting for them to touch on my case?

That's what I don't know for sure because I tried that end of August and I haven't heard from them asides the response that my request has been completed. On second thoughts I began to realise I should've just let it be. Probably the officer checked and saw it was almost ready and didn't follow up, or they did and now it's going to take 30 days to get to the next level, I really don't know. What I do know is if anyone here has an April PD they should just hold off doing anything and be patient. It's almost over. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, QED said:

That's what I don't know for sure because I tried that end of August and I haven't heard from them asides the response that my request has been completed. On second thoughts I began to realise I should've just let it be. Probably the officer checked and saw it was almost ready and didn't follow up, or they did and now it's going to take 30 days to get to the next level, I really don't know. What I do know is if anyone here has an April PD they should just hold off doing anything and be patient. It's almost over. 

I applied for expedite on the 31st August (NOA 13th April). 

2 days ago I was approved for both my AP and EAD without actually completing my expedite.

The website showed the expedition was in process and they'd sent me mail requesting proof and that the request was completed.

I still haven't sent in the requested documents for expedition and I don't think I will since now my status has changed to approved.

I don't believe requesting expedite affects where you are in the humongous waiting line.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 9/21/2018 at 11:45 AM, Cristina24 said:

hey to everyone who has already found work, congrats! I am curious whether you need to show your education levels for a simple retail job. I heard you need a high school diploma at least or a GED. Which i have neither! If anyone could please share their experience it would be great :) 

hey to everyone who has already found work, congrats! I am curious whether you need to show your education levels for a simple retail job. I heard you need a high school diploma at least or a GED. Which i have neither! If anyone could please share their experience it would be great :) 

•  
  •  

Hey Cristina, its probably best asked in these two forums, as it will have users who may have had that experience and is currently working:

1. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/115-working-amp-traveling-during-us-immigration/

2. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/15-moving-to-the-us-and-your-new-life-in-america/

Alternatively, you should look at local colleges that may have short courses (kinda like TAFE courses back in Australia!)

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

13 hours ago, QED said:

14 hours ago, antipasti7 said:

I requested an expedite on August 20th (near abouts) on April 23rd my case stated “we have completed your expedite request” I haven’t heard anything since! I recieved no mail, no email - nothing! My case is still at “case received” 

I think I’m probably the earlist date filer to have not recieved any news (Recieved date April 2nd) 

I really think that something has been lost or misplaced! I’ll take your advice and hold off calling them until I’m out of processing times. 

I’m getting really fed up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

March 30th date

AP approved

EAD nothing

AOS RFE documentation received 9/5/2018 that we sent in.

We badly need AOS so my husband can work😞

Edited by AZSunshine78

1 hour ago, AZSunshine78 said:

March 30th date

AP approved

EAD nothing

AOS RFE documentation received 9/5/2018 that we sent in.

We badly need AOS so my husband can work😞

AP approved ? It’s a combo card along with EAD so doesn’t that mean they’re both approved?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

AP approved ? It’s a combo card along with EAD so doesn’t that mean they’re both approved?

Ours was not

Timeline
1 minute ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Ours was not

14 minutes ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

We haven’t gotten the AP paperwork yet, just the approval on the USCIS app.

Edited by AZSunshine78

15 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Ours was not

It's a combo card. On ours, the status only updated for one of them on the website but we got the card for both. That seems to be the norm for most others also.

Edited by Sarah&Facundo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.