dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
8 hours ago, SashaFiERCE24 said:

Are you a pivot case I am a regular case and today makes 3 weeks I have been waiting for a case # this process is by far annoying @KeziaBrian

It took me 3 weeks and 2 days to get a case number created on the system. And 2 days after, I received the welcome letter by email. So almost 4 weeks for everything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is it a most that my joint sponser will bring her three years three tax return after my wife defer hers or can my joint sponser bring her 2 years of tax or even 1years? Advise please!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
9 hours ago, SashaFiERCE24 said:

Are you a pivot case I am a regular case and today makes 3 weeks I have been waiting for a case # this process is by far annoying @KeziaBrian

my case was received at NVC a day after you, I am also still waiting for a CN and I hear your frustration.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 hours ago, H&H. said:

everybody getting cc and interviews while still waiting for case # 6 weeks later...

I got approved one day after you, it took until 2/1 for NCS to send my case to NVC it was received there on 2/5 and scanned 2/8 I am still waiting for my CN also, we are not alone as USCIS is sending cases in bulk to NVC they are severely behind.  

3 hours ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

So after making the phone call last night and getting told it was "case complete" at NVC we wake this morning to an email with a checklist. 

1. Because my wife has lived outside the US for so long she ticked the box for No tax returns for 2016. This was correct but we were silly to not include a note explaining why she did not have to file.

2. Domicile, again something we could have avoided by writing a cover note. My wife has to show "Intent to domicile" and for this we showed bank statements, credit cards, store cards and purchase of a car and proof of extended warranty and voter registration. So she has to write a cover letter with a declaration explaining her intent to domicile and how each piece of included documentation proves that intent. 

No big deal she just has to write both notes and I have to bring them to my interview which she will attend anyway.

14 days from scan date to case complete, the NVC appear to be working fairly quickly to get through cases. It's actually caught us both out because we thought we had more time to plan our move. The thought of having to go through our home now to start packing, arrange for it to be transported by cargo ship seems very daunting. At this moment I wish we lived minimalist lives and could just buy plane tickets and pack a suitcase. House moving is stressfully normally, oh wow the thought of an international house move.

Do you know if we have to send a domicile if I won't be the sponser but my dad ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SME2017 said:

Do you know if we have to send a domicile if I won't be the sponser but my dad ? 

If you are the main sponsor you have to prove or show intent to domicile. 

You should fill out your timeline, it helps all of us if we keep it updated, it also gives others information to help you.

Edited by Mr&Mrs G.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, SME2017 said:

I am not the sponsor because I don't have an income due to the fact that I am currently living outside USA . The only sponsor will be my dad . 

You are in the same situation as we are. My wife lives in Ireland with me and is the US citizen, she filled out the form I-130 so she is my sponsor and her father is my joint sponsor.

As the spouse you are the sponsor and your father will be joint sponsor, you must prove intent to domicile.

Edited by Mr&Mrs G.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

1 hour ago, Chucks said:

Is it a most that my joint sponser will bring her three years three tax return after my wife defer hers or can my joint sponser bring her 2 years of tax or even 1years? Advise please!!

Most recent tax return is what is required. The other two are optional. I submitted my 2016 and 2015 tax transcripts.

1 hour ago, Diana f said:

It took me 3 weeks and 2 days to get a case number created on the system. And 2 days after, I received the welcome letter by email. So almost 4 weeks for everything.

I am a regular case and it took 3 weeks to get the case number. I had it sent to a supervisor twice in that time. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, No-Where-Man said:

Joining the party :)
SD 12/24

Checklist 1/18 (for the last two blank pages of the AOS form), stupid...

2nd SD 1/24

whats the aos form? i know i will submit i864ez is that what ur talking about? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue on the CEAC site?? I paid both my fees on Friday 2/23, on Tuesday 2/27 they changed from in progress to paid and we started working on the DS-260 and saved what we completed. The next morning we went in to finish the form and the fees were back to in progress, although when I click on in progress, it takes me to the receipt page which shows both of them as paid. The DS-260 form is also not available now. I checked it again this morning and it's showing the same thing and I can't access the form. Anyone else have something similar happen?

Hello, I just found out that petitioners are not required to attend the visa interview, only my spouse,  but of course, I do plan to be there. In the past, both needed to attend and participated in the interview and in some embassies they won't let you in. I found a post from last year and someone advise that in Dom. Rep. attendance isn't required but strongly suggested. Any experience from anyone? Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, H&H. said:

whats the aos form? i know i will submit i864ez is that what ur talking about? 

yeah that's what it is , I-864's     they are called Affidavits of Support Forms too 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Luna17 said:

Hello, I just found out that petitioners are not required to attend the visa interview, only my spouse,  but of course, I do plan to be there. In the past, both needed to attend and participated in the interview and in some embassies they won't let you in. I found a post from last year and someone advise that in Dom. Rep. attendance isn't required but strongly suggested. Any experience from anyone? Thanks

hm not sure but i wont be there with my spouse in islamabad embassy. i guess u can ask visa people if ur embassy will require for u to be there or not...im sure they know it doesnt make sense for spouse to spend thousands of dollars just to attend interview especially since all questions will be directed towards beneficiary.... 

2 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

yeah that's what it is , I-864's     they are called Affidavits of Support Forms too 

ok good to know. so i guess send whole application even if last pages dont apply to u

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.