autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, mustang85635 said:

It means exactly what it says and this has happened to quite a lot of other people . 

You got an appointment ( if letter was send out or not or lost who knows, only infopass or level two officer on the hotline can tell)

Because you didnt attend it for whatever reason your application is currently abandoned and you should get an infopass ASAP . Just walk in there very early in the morning and tell them its an emergency . Also inquiring on the hotline is an option to see whats going on but that doesent mean you dont go to infopass thats a must . Now is time to act contact congressman asap also tell them no correspondance wax receivec they can make things happen . Dont sit around wait see what happens because you will receive a denial of your AOS soon if you do that. 

Its not end of the world your case can be reopened but you need to make those things happen like TOMORROW morning . 

Good luck 

USCIS!

Edited by Jesusboy

22 hours ago, JTTE said:

Hi guys, how are you all?

I hope all is well for everyone! For the past two months I wasn't able to read and post here at the forum but for a wonderful reason: our baby arrived! :) Everything is great but I'm super busy with our precious baby boy!

Meanwhile, I got my combo card in November and till this Wednesday (01/10) the case status online for my I-485 was the same as September (my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview).

For my (bad) surprise, yesterday (01/12) when I checked online the message was:

Case Was Updated To Show That No One Appeared for In-Person Processing

Saying that we missed an appointment on the 11th. The fact is: we haven't received any letter with appointment NOR the status online was showing that there was an appointment scheduled for the 11th. It was with that old message from September saying the our case was ready to be schedule for an interview.

Do you guys know what we should do? This is not fair. :( Why they haven't send the mail or updated the website telling us that we have the appointment??? Does this happened to anyone of you guys???

Thank you so much and blessings for 2018 to everyone!!! :)

I'' so sorry to hear this. 

This is really bad bad bad on the part of USCIS. They didn't update the website to show that there was an appointment letter and there was also no delivery. Please, just be the first to call them on Tuesday and when you do, ensure you get a solid response from them. This is completely out of your control. How could you have responded to something you never received.

To the rest of us, please let us make sure we are calling USCIS from time to time to find out if there is any update that is not showing online and that is also not being delivered in the mail. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greencard188 said:

How long do we expect to get interview since the 485 status change from ready to be scheduled? So thing that happened to JTTE wont happen to others. So we can follow up with USCIS by phone in case they keep on not updating the online status.

I second this motion. Been waiting for 90 days. No uodates note mails.. and what number do we dial to get to the rep we want?

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi @mushroomspore , @mustang85635 and @Jesusboy thank you so much for your help!!!

We already submitted a case inquiry and tomorrow we are going to be in front of the office at 8am to see what's possible to do. We also scheduled an Infopass and the first date available is January 29th.

Why this is happening for so many people? Can @geowrian or @Boiler give us their impression? 

It's horrible, we wait for so long and no case updates online or mail, then you miss your interview... :( 

Thank you so much again and I really hope this is not going to happen to any of you guys.

August 10, 2017: AOS package sent

August 11, 2017: AOS package received at USCIC

August 18, 2017: Checks cashed

August 20, 2017: Text messages and e-mails

August 26, 2017: NOA hard copies

September 1, 2017: Biometrics letter received

September 15, 2017: Biometrics done

7 hours ago, JTTE said:

Hi @mushroomspore , @mustang85635 and @Jesusboy thank you so much for your help!!!

We already submitted a case inquiry and tomorrow we are going to be in front of the office at 8am to see what's possible to do. We also scheduled an Infopass and the first date available is January 29th.

Why this is happening for so many people? Can @geowrian or @Boiler give us their impression? 

It's horrible, we wait for so long and no case updates online or mail, then you miss your interview... :( 

Thank you so much again and I really hope this is not going to happen to any of you guys.

It's not your fault this happened and It's unfortunately happened to a lot of people. Stay calm and you're doing the right thing by taking immediate action. Keep us updated and we're all sending good vibes to you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Getting back, now looking for a job routine but I do see lots of people still waiting EADs and APs. I just want to you all know that we share the same frustration, all the delay and not enough info from USCIS it is absolutely unreal and I understand that. People, I look forward to the day that we will just look back and be thankful for everything, every word, people, things that we have shared through this forum, I AM WITH YOU.

Keep it up...we all will be fine in the end and pursuing our happy life with our lovers.

Lets be thankful for the things that we have achieve and accomplished. Love you all.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

@Greencard188 Impossible to know the answer to your question. There is no set timeline USCIS must follow. I suggest just calling regularly and asking to talk to a level 2 rep. I also will be taking pics of my mailbox just in case.

@T_P Thanks for the kind words and support. I'm sending out good vibes to everyone as well. <3

This article is not related to AoS but I found it interesting it shed some light on what must be going on at USCIS: H1B visas drowning in paperwork. 

Two important points from the article:

1. "Premium processing": the promise of processing applications within 15 days rather than months. It was eliminated, then restored. It's caused confusion and delays.

2. More RFE's have been sent out by USCIS for H1B visas in our current presidents first year than any year of the Obama administration. Sad!

Basically, the H1B visas have caused massive paperwork backlog. I imagine that on some days, they shuffle officers around to help paperwork in one department and the rest get pushed aside and this causes the delays and long wait times experienced by us.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

This article is not related to AoS but I found it interesting it shed some light on what must be going on at USCIS: H1B visas drowning in paperwork. 

Two important points from the article:

1. "Premium processing": the promise of processing applications within 15 days rather than months. It was eliminated, then restored. It's caused confusion and delays.

2. More RFE's have been sent out by USCIS for H1B visas in our current presidents first year than any year of the Obama administration. Sad!

Basically, the H1B visas have caused massive paperwork backlog. I imagine that on some days, they shuffle officers around to help paperwork in one department and the rest get pushed aside and this causes the delays and long wait times experienced by us.

I dont think RFEs and more thorough vetting of H1Bs visas is a bad thing. There was wide ranging abuse with H1B visas going on for decades and there is a reason many call it slave visa. Its for employers wanting cheap labour that is completely owned by them. On the other side there are lots of american graduates that are having a hard time finding jobs because they cant compete with the low salary that they will give to an H1B. 

12 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

I dont think RFEs and more thorough vetting of H1Bs visas is a bad thing. There was wide ranging abuse with H1B visas going on for decades and there is a reason many call it slave visa. Its for employers wanting cheap labour that is completely owned by them. On the other side there are lots of american graduates that are having a hard time finding jobs because they cant compete with the low salary that they will give to an H1B. 

True true and it was only recently that I learned that a lot of employers abuse the H1B.  My point was about the fact that more RFE's = more paperwork for officers to go through. And the officers are human beings with limited time, energy and resources, just like the rest of us. I wasn't really commenting on the pro's and con's of the situation, but I do agree that more thorough vetting overall isn't a bad thing.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, T_P said:

Sharing my EAD experience coming back from Brazil....

Last Dec 9 I came back from Brazil to US and had a connection in Toronto. In Toronto they have all the Security and Immigration for Canada. While waiting in line for the immigration the officer got my docs and took me to a different room saying that he knew what that was, but didnt have the necessary systems to release me into my next flight to US.

So he took me to a different room, where I waited for 1h30min when finally an officer called me, looked at my card and stamped my passport allowing me to get to my next flight. For those out there flying back to US with connections, make sure you have at least 2 or 3 hours between flights when using AP (I had 4 hours).

Despite that long wait, everything was smooth and fine. 

Thank you all

PS: @izavox your feedback a while ago also helped, thanks.

Nice @T_P! I'm glad your return was smooth and with no hassle (I mean, aside from the wait but you were prepared for it with your layover window having enough time =) ) Welcome back and I hope your trip was amazing!!

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

Sooo I got a request for more info to support my expedite request for my AP. Faxed that off to them - who knew faxes were so expensive? SMH. 

Let's see what they say (and how long it takes them to review the expedite evidence). I don't have high hopes. 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

On 1/14/2018 at 9:09 PM, Greencard188 said:

How long do we expect to get interview since the 485 status change from ready to be scheduled? So thing that happened to JTTE wont happen to others. So we can follow up with USCIS by phone in case they keep on not updating the online status.

Thats a good news! Congrats.

My advice about that is to call to check with USCIS. If you are not given a satisfactory response, call again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.