goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Glad to hear some Oct filers are getting approved! Not holding out for Nebraska Service Center, but it does give me a little hope.

I put in a request at the end of Nov to expedite our application due to humanitarian reasons, citing the recent earthquakes in Japan and risk of tsunami as we are living close to the sea. Unfortunately, it was not approved.

"We regret to inform you that we cannot grant your request for expedited processing of your case. Although your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence to support an extreme emergent need"

Oh well, Back to waiting...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

We filed i130 spouse and USCIS office received file in October 26,2015 then in November 9,2015 they said that the file transferred to another office and it has jurisdiction after that we waited till December 2,2015 they said that case received at my local office .

Also on March13,2016 we got the same notice that the case received at my local office .

So far , we did not get any update

They confused us .

Can any one get like what we got .

Hey everyone! I don't know exactly how all this works, so excuse me if I confuse terms and dates and such.

So I lived in Northern Ireland and was married there on October 10th. I then filed for my husband the I-130 and sent it to the London Embassy. I received an email from "USCIS Field Office London" (email dated Oct. 18) stating that "The Petition(s) for Alien Relative (I-130) that you recently submitted to this office has been properly filed (payment taken) on October 14, 2016."

The NOA1 does not state anything about the application being sent to another office.

I then emailed them on Dec. 15 for any information on the process.

They responded on Dec. 16:

Good afternoon,

Your Form I-130 was approved today. The approval notice will be mailed out on Monday.
Please note that our office does not issue receipt numbers for Form I-130.
USCIS London
Since then we haven't heard anything or received anything in the mail/email/spam folders.
Can anyone explain any of this to me? What should we be expecting? Is there another group specific for London Filers?
Thanks!

Hello everyone,

i would like to join this topic, as my Husband filed for my Petition October 31.

We are filing with Frankfurt, Consulate

Yesterday we received an RFE Letter, which will be sent back after Christmas.

Hopefully the Petition will be approved by the end of this month...

Good Luck everyone on the Journey to becoming an LPR :goofy:

Check you case status October filers I just got my approved NOA

Congrats!!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 12/23/2016 at 6:12 PM, Bello said:

Hey everyone! I don't know exactly how all this works, so excuse me if I confuse terms and dates and such.

Seems like you are doing DCF. Thats a lot different than the average way. Pretty much your I130 has been approved, and you are moving on to the NVC part of this process. Since you are doing DCF, your case will go faster at NVC as well.. but sometimes it takes awhile for the NVC NOA

You can check DCF forums. Enjoy being able to do DCF, you will get your visa VERY soon! ? 

Married 2014-08-31

Filed I130 2016-11-04

Delivered 2016-11-07

NOA1 2016-11-14

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER

NOA2 Waiting!!

3 hours ago, sajan953 said:

Seems like you are doing DCF. Thats a lot different than the average way. Pretty much your I130 has been approved, and you are moving on to the NVC part of this process. Since you are doing DCF, your case will go faster at NVC as well.. but sometimes it takes awhile for the NVC NOA

You can check DCF forums. Enjoy being able to do DCF, you will get your visa VERY soon! ? 

Yea we have our medical scheduled this Saturday and interview Feb 14! ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Our case was received by the NVC end of December. Our case number was attributed on the 3rd January.

And I received today in the mail, a letter from the NVC with my case number and invoice.

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd join and say hello! :) My partner and I have been together since 2009, married since 2013 :wub: and living in the UK up until last year.

We made the decision to move to the USA, my partner moved back to the states last year got a job and sorted out an apartment; and we filed the petition - we have a priority date of October 14th. 

Our petition has been sent to Potomac - as of today, the petition is just showing as 'case was received'... :mellow:

Anyone else in the same position as me? I see that some people have already been processed! I'm trying my best to be patient but really just want to be out there properly with my other half - all the travel back and forth and distance is pretty tough :(

On 1/22/2017 at 11:58 AM, Ldn2Chicago said:

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd join and say hello! :) My partner and I have been together since 2009, married since 2013 :wub: and living in the UK up until last year.

We made the decision to move to the USA, my partner moved back to the states last year got a job and sorted out an apartment; and we filed the petition - we have a priority date of October 14th. 

Our petition has been sent to Potomac - as of today, the petition is just showing as 'case was received'... :mellow:

Anyone else in the same position as me? I see that some people have already been processed! I'm trying my best to be patient but really just want to be out there properly with my other half - all the travel back and forth and distance is pretty tough :(

Don't worry, we're in the same boat!  I filed for my Canadian wife and got the NOA1 on 10/24. Our petition is also at Potomac. It seems like Potomac is currently approving September filings, but on the bright side, they seem to be getting through Sept. quickly!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 1/22/2017 at 10:58 AM, Ldn2Chicago said:

Hey everyone,

Do you mean you have only just now gotten your NOA1?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/22/2017 at 9:58 AM, Ldn2Chicago said:

Hey everyone,

You're lucky you got Potomac, i think in one month they might start getting October approvals.  

Nebraska really sucks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.