raven52

I Cannot Believe What My Ears Heard, Today!!!

107 posts in this topic

The right term is "undocumented" not "illegal". There are no illegal human beings.

Undocumented means entered a country without processing---"border jumping" etc. That's not an overly common way of being "illegally present". The most common way is to enter documented on a visa, and overstay or misuse that visa. That's "out of status". Both are forms of illegally immigrating, which is why the term has long been "illegal immigrant". I understand that that is now a politically charged term and has fallen out of favor with many people due to the inherent negativity of the term (and I don't disagree) but I really, seriously object to classifying ALL such people under the incorrect umbrella term "undocumented". Being *actually* undocumented carries a MUCH bigger risk and punishment and necessarily evokes the image of sneaking across a border clandestinely in the night and, to me, only worsens the negative impression evoked in discussions of those people here without legal status.

Plus, it inadvertently leaves the "out of status" folks out of the conversation, or lets them off the hook, which is really too bad because out of all the people here without status, it's the undocumented ones who are the most vulnerable, most at-risk and, frankly, came from the most dire and desperate circumstances and really don't deserve to take 100% of the ire directed at illegal immigrants while some (not ALL but SOME) B2 and F1 overstayers often had the means and opportunity to do things the "right" way and simply chose not to because it's quicker/easier/faster/cheaper to just do whatever you want whenever you want. Most of these people very firmly believe that they're not "one of them" because the language we use *necessarily* evokes border jumping. "Undocumented" makes that much, much worse. Because the visa overstayers ARE "documented". So they consider that they're just....better than. Or other than. Or not part of the problem. And just let the most vulnerable take the full fall for this. It's not right.

So, for me, I still prefer "illegal immigrant" because it's simply the most accurate and it is short and to the point. I'd love to find another term that is less politically charged but is still accurate and not cumbersome. And this is by NO means in relation to US immigration only. My fiance's country has a descent sized problem with illegal immigration, too. From undocumented Nicaraguans sneaking across the border and working under the table etc, to snot-nosed "trust-a-farian" Americans showing up with tourist visas and oopsies just sort of forgetting to leave on time. Different patterns, both illegal, both with intent or result to immigrate. Illegal immigrants. Easy, to the point.

You can call it whatever you want, I'm not saying you need to agree with me on that, but this little point of accuracy may seem like a silly pet peeve but I really, truly believe that it's doing much more harm to the cause than good.

Edited by CatherineA

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Long story short : I do not feel the urge to blame, bad mouth and let my anger out on DACA kids just because our journey took forever.

I can be upset with the poor managing of the service centers and I can rally for change and I can even try to effect change with written letters

but I will not vent my anger of my own unfair treatment towards DACA recipients. That is misdirected.

I agree with you on that, and I haven't seen any of that on this thread (on others, yes). It appears that the anger is directed at the decision maker(s) and priority setter(s), and with that I would have to agree. It is simply bad management to come up with a new program and not have any sort of identifiable plan in place to execute it, without gumming up the works. This goes for *anything*, politics, business, assembly line....any of it. They should have and worse, COULD have handled it much differently. Hired up and/or provided a devoted service center to process these applicants (like it seems they are/were trying to do for DAPA until the injunction....think they learned from a past, recent, major screw-up?). Could have/should have charged a filing fee to offset the cost associated with the extra workload so that they could hire more people to continue to work on the fiance/spousal visas. Could have/should have done a LOT of things differently.

Mad at the kids? Me, no. Envious? Perhaps (however, I personally would *never* choose to trade lives with someone raised with no legal status by parents who could be deported at any moment so....). Mad that they are being prioritized over me? Yes. But that's not their fault. I DO wish that they'd realize that they've got the fast track here and stop it with the public write-up sob stories, but they're mostly young and this is their first experience with the legal immigration process so they have NO idea how lucky they've gotten. I am still super upset at the people in charge giving priority to them over me. They get to stay, they get to see their families every day, they are no longer at risk of deportation so WHY do they *need* to be processed so quickly, to the detriment of others etc? Why haven't they been charged fees (beyond the EAD and the biometrics that we ALL pay) enough to offset the cost associated with processing them? I mostly just hate that this is a zero-sum game. That them getting something means that others are not. It's just not right when you're talking about real people's real lives and families and futures. And that goes for all of us, DACA kids or not.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The thing I find sad is that the "powers that be" put a priority on the illegals over their own citizens and their families. Just sad, and scary.

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

15 month eh ? You poor thing, it took us 5 years, doing everything by the book, crossing every t and dotting every i.

Sleepless nights and hardship you suffered in those 15 month, I get it but don't you think

that thousands of children and young adults who were brought here as infants aren't facing tremendous lifelong hardships if send back ?

Those who would be send back to a country they don't even know nor speak the language and where they suffer and starve ?

I am speaking here of DACA kids/teens/young adults whose parents made them come and they did not have a choice to say : I can't go I would be

undocumented.

What of those kids ? You want them herded like cattle and shipped back like life stock because you had to wait 15 months ? Seriously ?

I am appalled by your strong words of cattle truck.

I am all for entering the country legally but your post reflects the disdain towards undocumented immigrants I was previously talking about.

Hating a group of people because you didn't go fast enough through the process when it is the responsibility of the USCIS to keep things

flowing is not seeing the big picture. This misguided energy needs to be channeled on action to better management of all service

centers. Instead of wanting to ship "them back on cattle trucks" why don't you do something productive to find a solution ?

They are already here. Deal with it.

I think that most people who feel ill-will toward illegal/undocumented immigrants do because they don't understand the process. They see it as, there are lots of people here who are "jumping" the line, instead of, "The people who process need to hurry up/more money needs to be funneled with dealing with these cases." In addition, changes in foreign policy measures that clearly affect the amount of people coming to the US illegally. I completely agree with all your points. People need to think critically when evaluating who's really to blame, and I think you're on the money!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

MODS – Can we start deleting, warning, and banning forum members who continually insult and denigrate other members because of their political beliefs?

Eight off-topic posts have been removed. Please adhere to discussing policies and procedures.

Thread-bans are risked by those who insult or denigrate other members for any reason. We can disagree without being disagreeable. If you're in doubt in regard to what you're about to post, review the VJ Terms of Service before hitting "add reply."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I have been on VJ since 2006 (under a different email account/user name) with a short break in between and have seen the crazy

fluctuations between the super slow and other, much faster centers and then it would reverse. Vermont and California were bipolar.

How on earth do you explain that happening long before Obama ever took office ?

DACA has something to do with it now no doubt but not as much as you think.

It is mismanagement for the most part, pure and simple.

Undocumented immigrants have always been a part of the US, what is all the outrage about now ?

Previous presidents granted amnesty and worked for laws of better integration but I know what this hype is really all about,

same old same old.

The "stuff" is stirred for political theater to make it stink real good and many of you swallow it hook, line and sinker

and scream the sky is falling.....give me a break. Write well thought out letters to USCIS instead of doing nothing.

Congress is not drafting any alternatives but twiddle their thumbs and shut down and go home. Ha !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Hey, I'm no fan of Fox News myself but I know how long I waited for my Visa. There's a bit of truth in every lie as they say. Something is causing the huge delays, the most likely candidate is pushing illegals to the front of the queue. What do you think the reason is?

Thats obvious.

There is no votes in immigration, so the system is under resourced - that applies whoever is in power.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think it's appaling. It took 15 months to get my CR-1 visa. And I'm supposed to feel sorry for ILLEGALS? Please, don't make me laugh. After the waiting, sleepless nights and hardships to get to this point. After doing everything by the book to get to this point. I feel NOTHING for illegal aliens. Put them on a cattle truck and ship them off home.

The term cattle truck has some really unpleasant connotations.

You are basically saying that a 15 month (which I agree is lengthy) wait has stripped you of empathy and that because you had a hard time with your visa all the illegals should be shipped home. Seems a bit unfair especially with DACA filers. If you were bought to the US by your parents would you consider it fair to be shipped home to a country you barely know because of what your parents did?

I think its wrong that DACA was allowed to impact legal filers (I was affected too) but that doesn't mean I want to wave my magic wand around and deport everyone because my visa took longer than it should have.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Hey look, I'm entitled to my opinion. This thread seems to be filled with bleeding hearts. "Think of the children!!!!" and so on... Fair enough, but don't expect me to grow a bleeding heart too.

I come from a country with a massive illegal immigrant problem. It is currently causing xenophobic violence and disrupting the economy on a large scale. Why bother having borders when no-one is going to enforce border controls and laws? Don't citizens come first in their own countries anymore?

What I'd like to see in the US is a clamp down on illegal immigration to the point where there will be very few children to use as an excuse to allow parents to break laws and expect sympathy from those who want to appear superior to me.

why don't you do something productive to find a solution ?

I'll help build the wall.

Edited by Saffer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hey look, I'm entitled to my opinion. This thread seems to be filled with bleeding hearts. "Think of the children!!!!" and so on... Fair enough, but don't expect me to grow a bleeding heart too.

I come from a country with a massive illegal immigrant problem. It is currently causing xenophobic violence and disrupting the economy on a large scale. Why bother having borders when no-one is going to enforce border controls and laws? Don't citizens come first in their own countries anymore?

What I'd like to see in the US is a clamp down on illegal immigration to the point where there will be very few children to use as an excuse to allow parents to break laws and expect sympathy from those who want to appear superior to me.

why don't you do something productive to find a solution ?

I'll help build the wall.

I am proud to be a bleeding heart for children, yes, most definitely and thank you for the compliment, I don't take it as an insult at all

though it was meant to be.

I don't expect you to change anything about yourself, that's between you and your maker.

After Apartheid nothing was learned seemingly. Feel free to start digging for yet another wall to keep humans neatly in their place.

Perhaps you need to wall yourself in to a point where you lose sight of humanity and it's complex issues. After all it's all about the

border for you and nothing else. There are 50 shades of grey, not all is black and white !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

MODS – Can we start deleting, warning, and banning forum members who continually insult and denigrate other members because of their political beliefs?

I'm not particularly invested either way but pretty sure both sides of this political fence are equally insulting each other. This entire thread is laughable at best.

What's even funnier is when I told someone they were being ridiculous for insulting someone's fiance on this very site, my post was removed and I was warned. This entire thread, however, is nothing but an insult slinging fest with nothing of any real importance being discussed.

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Oh... me and my maker? Boo hoo.

The great thing about the US is that I'll no longer have to tolerate people like you in silence, I can finally speak my mind. Apartheid was long gone by the time I arrived in this cesspit of a continent. Can't wait to get out of here and let the natural inhabitants regress to their natural state of anarchy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Another off-topic post has been removed.

Everyone is reminded to be mutually respectful.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.