raven52

I Cannot Believe What My Ears Heard, Today!!!

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I believe it is a managing problem that can do much better if they cared to.

This is quite possible, too.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I definitely hate when people illegally immigrate to the US, as it puts a burden on the rest of us wanting to immigrate or visit legally. This has been an ongoing issue though, that stretches over political parties and is not something new to President Obama. I certainly believe that DAPA/DACA has added the workload for USCIS, creating a much longer process for us wanting to immigrate the legal.

Things are never black and white though, there is always a grey zone and I can't help but wonder what would happen if all illegals were deported, like one poster suggested... Who are gonna do all those dirty jobs that westerners tend to not want to do, such as cleaning or picking veggies on farms? I have worked in hotels all over the world and I can tell you that, which ever country I worked in, those in for example Housekeeping were always from developing countries or the poor countries of that region. Regardless of what one thinks or feels about illegals, you have to be able to be objective enough to acknowledge the fact that often, they do the jobs the Americans or Scandinavians or Germans don't want to do. So throwing out all illegals is certainly not an option, however, neither is allowing them all a pathway to citizenship by prioritizing them above spouses and fiances of USC. The biggest problem in the US is not illegal immigrants though, it's the political system, the fact that Democrats and Republicans can't work together to fix problems and make it better for Americans, even on issues they actually agree on.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Timeline

Things are never black and white though, there is always a grey zone and I can't help but wonder what would happen if all illegals were deported, like one poster suggested... Who are gonna do all those dirty jobs that westerners tend to not want to do, such as cleaning or picking veggies on farms? I have worked in hotels all over the world and I can tell you that, which ever country I worked in, those in for example Housekeeping were always from developing countries or the poor countries of that region. Regardless of what one thinks or feels about illegals, you have to be able to be objective enough to acknowledge the fact that often, they do the jobs the Americans or Scandinavians or Germans don't want to do. So throwing out all illegals is certainly not an option

Yeah I was the user who said that. If all illegals were deported, there would still be people applying for those jobs... poor and uneducated Americans who are struggling and unable to find a job... there are areas in the US where it's not easy at all to find a job... and then there are those poor legal immigrants who come to the US with no education and barely speaking English and their USC spouse is not rich either... sometimes even educated legal immigrants have to start over from scratch and apply for entry level low wage jobs. The illegals wouldn't be missed. The US is overpopulated already.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yeah I was the user who said that. If all illegals were deported, there would still be people applying for those jobs... poor and uneducated Americans who are struggling and unable to find a job... there are areas in the US where it's not easy at all to find a job...

Like I've said, I've worked with recruitment for hotels all over the world. Trust me, most people in the western world don't want the "dirty jobs", even if they're poor and uneducated. I would say about 95% of people I got applying for jobs in housekeeping were from developing countries or poor countries in the region I was working in. The other 5% were westerners and as soon as I explained what working in housekeeping entailed, they weren't interested anymore.

It's easy to blame the illegals and although I don't agree with entering a country illegally, in fact I hate people who do, there is a much bigger issue that contributes to Americans not having money or jobs and that's politics. It's easy to blame the illegals but if politicians would stop doing what's best for their re-election campaign and focus on what is best for Americans, a lot more would get done.

In essence, you and I actually want the same thing, which is stop illegal immigration and improve every day life for Americans. We just believe in different ways of getting there.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've been Democrat through and through for the past 15 years, ever since setting the foot in USA (as a legal immigrant and daughter of legal immigrants, btw). Why? Because I believe in abortion rights, I believe in same-sex marriage, (and I am thrilled to see we finally have the laws to allow immigration for same-gender couples!)... and overall whoever screams "family values" the loudest usually ends up having most skeletons in their closet.

Now, looking at our budget and this thread, I'd swing over to Republican side any time, were it not for the sticky points above. I agree wholeheartedly on budget and immigration with them, though.

Still, as a child of legal immigrants (who were denied a visa on the first run, and pursued a legal appeal successfully!), and as a law-abiding citizen of US I want *my* application to have priority over any illegal immigrant. Yes, they are just kids. Yes, life is not fair for them and we should be doing something about it. But US is not responsible for those kids, their parents (or governments) are. I feel bad for them, but behind each sad child story there is an adult or a government who were supposed to be responsible for that child and failed first, and now we are supposed to provide because the responsible party didn't care or wanted to cheat their way into US? I payed all naturalization fees. I pay taxes - plenty of those. I play by the rules. To think that someone who does not play by the rules is getting a preferential treatment is.. well, actually, infuriating.

So, yes, I voted for Obama and do not regret it. And I got what I really cared about: same-gender equality (and yes, I had a girlfriend at the time that I wanted to bring over.. unfortunately, we separated just about when the Supreme Court actually passed the decision). And next election I'm voting Republican wholeheartedly.

K1 to POE
01.14.2015 - met online in an RPG chatroom
02.27.2015 - met in person
04.20.2015 - I-129F mailed
04.21.2015 - I-129F received by the Lockbox as per USPS site
04.24.2015 - NOA-1 electronic copy received: both SMS (text) and e-mail
04.30.2015 - NOA-1 paper version received
06.01.2015 - NOA-2 e-mail. SQUEE! =)
06.05.2015 - NOA-2 paper version.
06.12.2015 - NVC Received, Case # Assigned (not yet visible on CEAC)
06.17.2015 - NVC processing completed, now visible on CEAC with status "Ready"
06.24.2015 - CEAC status "Administrative Processing" (for Russia: received by the Embassy, can schedule the interview).
06.26.2015 - Crossed the t's and dotted the i's, this time for real. Scheduled the interview!
07.20.2015 - Medical. Piece of cake!
07.22.2015 - Interview. 2 hours worth of waiting and 5 minutes worth of talking to the consul, "your visa is approved". Yaaay!
10.09.2015 - POE in Boston, MA. Hooray!! Welcome, my love.

POE to Green Card:
10.09.2015 - POE in Boston, MA
10.14.2015 - applied for SSN; got it a couple days later in the mail
10.31.2015 - Wedding :halloween:
11.21.2015 - Filed AOS (package including Travel Parole & Employment)
11.25.2015 - electronic NOA-1(s), 11.27.2015 - Check cashed
11.30.2015 - NOA-1s

12.18.2015 - RFE (forgot to write my name in one place on the Affidavit of Support)

12.21.2015 - Biometrics

12.23.2015 - RFE Response received by USCIS

02.10.2016 - EAD/AP approved!

02.10.2016 - EAD/AP received!

05.12.2016 - Interview scheduled for 06.15.2016 (wow, that really took 6 months from filing...)

06.15.2016 - Interview. Approved! (but not at the interview, got notification about 4 hours later)

06.30.2016 - Green Card Received!

I think it's appaling. It took 15 months to get my CR-1 visa. And I'm supposed to feel sorry for ILLEGALS? Please, don't make me laugh. After the waiting, sleepless nights and hardships to get to this point. After doing everything by the book to get to this point. I feel NOTHING for illegal aliens. Put them on a cattle truck and ship them off home.

I understand those illegal immigrants who arrived during their childhood pleading for forgiveness. However , one's mistake shouldn't be rewarded. They have long taken advantage of tax payers funded public education system whilst their parents have been working in this country illegally. Legalisation, temporary or permanent of illegal immigrants opposes the spirit of rule of law. DACA would further encourage parents from other countries to enter US illegal with their children, after all they see people got away with it. And nobody is separating families, U.S. Citizens of illegal immigrants may claim citizenship of their parents and could always go back to their parents native country if they wish to be united .

I can't believe I'm jumping into this discussion but I've had enough of the Foxnews bashing and ever increasing insults being used to describe conservative leaning voters. Really, it gets so old and it is offensive. Where do any of you get off claiming moral superiority over people with different political beliefs?

No matter what side of the political aisle you reside, everyone should be extremely worried when one political party attempts to delegitimize a major news organization in the United States, especially when that news organization appears to be the only mainstream media outlet that doesn't act as a political propaganda arm of the current administration. Of course, that is why liberals attack Foxnews so aggressively with their bitter insults and hatred.

Don’t come on here and whimper about someone being called an “illegal alien”, when that person is clearly and absolutely 100% illegally present in the U.S. and then insult, name call, and bash people who don’t have the same political beliefs as you. Liberals expect everyone to be tolerant and absolutely accepting of every lifestyle and belief, except Americans who lean toward being politically conservative and religious. How about we accept and have tolerance for EVERY lifestyle and belief system, not just the ones you agree with or promote? People tend to out themselves as completely intolerant and hypocritical, when they attempt to silence opposing views, under the guise of their own twisted version of intolerant “tolerance”. Stop stereotyping and insulting people who don't agree with the liberal belief system.

MODS – Can we start deleting, warning, and banning forum members who continually insult and denigrate other members because of their political beliefs?

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Blaming the congress for not passing immigrant reforms is absolutely pathetic to say at least.

The whole idea of having a congress is so that there are debates and disagreements. The bill cannot and will not passed if you can't get enough votes. If president Obama were going to issue an executive order , why bother the congress to have an opinion on the issue at all

The president is with no doubt act in an authoritarian style when it comes to Legalisation of illegal immigrants.

Basically Obama is saying : I am giving you SHI# to eat ; you either eat it yourself , or I will feed you.

I can't believe I'm jumping into this discussion but I've had enough of the Foxnews bashing and ever increasing insults being used to describe conservative leaning voters. Really, it gets so old and it is offensive. Where do any of you get off claiming moral superiority over people with different political beliefs?

No matter what side of the political aisle you reside, everyone should be extremely worried when one political party attempts to delegitimize a major news organization in the United States, especially when that news organization appears to be the only mainstream media outlet that doesn't act as a political propaganda arm of the current administration. Of course, that is why liberals attack Foxnews so aggressively with their bitter insults and hatred.

Dont come on here and whimper about someone being called an illegal alien, when that person is clearly and absolutely 100% illegally present in the U.S. and then insult, name call, and bash people who dont have the same political beliefs as you. Liberals expect everyone to be tolerant and absolutely accepting of every lifestyle and belief, except Americans who lean toward being politically conservative and religious. How about we accept and have tolerance for EVERY lifestyle and belief system, not just the ones you agree with or promote? People tend to out themselves as completely intolerant and hypocritical, when they attempt to silence opposing views, under the guise of their own twisted version of intolerant tolerance. Stop stereotyping and insulting people who don't agree with the liberal belief system.

MODS Can we start deleting, warning, and banning forum members who continually insult and denigrate other members because of their political beliefs?

Whilst I disagree with you on the divinity of Fox News , but you are darn right on the illegals.

If you don't want to be called illegal immigrants , simply do not come to the states illegally.

Lolz, If Fox News its the main source if this post, then it's enough for me to call it BS.

Hey, I'm no fan of Fox News myself but I know how long I waited for my Visa. There's a bit of truth in every lie as they say. Something is causing the huge delays, the most likely candidate is pushing illegals to the front of the queue. What do you think the reason is?

If you are in the country illegally, you are illegal! There is not changing that. Even if you sympathize with the illegals, they are still illegals.

Agree.

Not matter if thet got into the country with a visa or not.

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Hey, I'm no fan of Fox News myself but I know how long I waited for my Visa. There's a bit of truth in every lie as they say. Something is causing the huge delays, the most likely candidate is pushing illegals to the front of the queue. What do you think the reason is?

Well, I see it in this way, I got my fiance visa in 8 months and approved with flying colors and not harassment at all and about to start the process of my AOS . So, to me that means that the system it's slow and expensive but NOT broken totally, and I know that because I see a lot of approvals in family based visas in the consulate in CJ If people fill all the requirements.

In my personal opinion It's a fact that about illegal people If they want become legal, they must fill requirements too, and are matter of denials too and the process to deportation if their process aren't successful . Not because they are illegal they have everything easy and get a visa, green card, etc. the next week that they apply. To me, that's a general prejudice that the politicians and fox news use to promote the culture of hate that seems it's successful in a big way.

About the delay, I know for sure that any bureaucratic process takes a LOT of time and money and immigration affairs take more time, because I think that the main problem it's the budget to them (not money to pay, not more people to hire to do the massive paperwork. We aren't special, we are in the same line as any person even If we don't like it or not.

Regards.

Edited by M@rita

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.