BowieChick

Proof of employment. The Work Number? BLAH!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I talked to my manager today at work about how I need that proof of employment and salary and stuff and she just gave me the directions on how to go to the website theworknumber.com. She explained that she thinks it's stupid but she can't do it herself.

Now I went to this site and it doesn't help AT ALL. It just gives you the directions to give to the person asking for this information and THEY have to get it themselves by calling or going to the site. I guess they have to even pay to sign up. #######?

This is ridiculous.

I don't know what to do if my manager can't do it and I really don't think this "The Work Number" thing is going to work.

Does anyone know WHY my manager can't do this? She would be happy to. She also explained that she can't even give any references if someone calls about a former employee, she has to tell them to call someone else. This doesn't make ANY sense, how would a complete stranger know how good an employee is? Just based on how much they worked? She said it's a stupid system but I don't know if I can get her to sneak around it. Is it some law?

*Stress*

Timeline:

February 12, 2009 - K1 petition sent.

February 18, 2009 - Petition recieved at CSC.

February 24, 2009 - Received NOA1.

April 6, 2009 - Received NOA2!

April 24, 2009 - Packet 3 in the mail.

September 7, 2009 - Medical

September 16, 2009 - Interview date at London Embassy

Forgot to have letter of intent notarized, stalling time for a bit.

October 28, 2009 - Visa in his hands!!

March 19, 2010 - First time seeing each other since Oct. '08!!

May 9, 2010 - Married!

June, 2010 - Preparing AoS packet

June 23, 2010 - Sent off AoS and EAD!

June 25, 2010 - Package arrived in Chicago

July 2, 2010 - Check cashed

July 5, 2010 - NOA1 for both AoS and EAD

July 15, 2010 - Biometrics scheduled for August 6th

July 27, 2010 - RFE :(

August 6, 2010 - Biometrics in Portland, Oregon

Tumblr

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Go into the Employee section of the website to get what you need. Your manager may have to give you your employer's code number.

This site is a service that your company uses for basic personnel matters.

Your manager is just doing as they are instructed.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
Go into the Employee section of the website to get what you need. Your manager may have to give you your employer's code number.

This site is a service that your company uses for basic personnel matters.

Your manager is just doing as they are instructed.

I did that. I have the employer's code number. I have all of that.

I put the information into the site and as I said they just give me a printout that I give to the person requesting my information (USCIS) and THEY have to put in some codes and my SSN to get my information. I can't get my own information!

Timeline:

May 9, 2010 - Married!

Tumblr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I talked to my manager today at work about how I need that proof of employment and salary and stuff and she just gave me the directions on how to go to the website theworknumber.com. She explained that she thinks it's stupid but she can't do it herself.

Now I went to this site and it doesn't help AT ALL. It just gives you the directions to give to the person asking for this information and THEY have to get it themselves by calling or going to the site. I guess they have to even pay to sign up. #######?

This is ridiculous.

I don't know what to do if my manager can't do it and I really don't think this "The Work Number" thing is going to work.

Does anyone know WHY my manager can't do this? She would be happy to. She also explained that she can't even give any references if someone calls about a former employee, she has to tell them to call someone else. This doesn't make ANY sense, how would a complete stranger know how good an employee is? Just based on how much they worked? She said it's a stupid system but I don't know if I can get her to sneak around it. Is it some law?

*Stress*

Employers do this protect themselves from bloodsucking parasitic attorneys. These parasites have been known to SUE employers who lay off or fire employees after writing them an employment letter. It doesn't matter that these letters do not constitute a lifetime guarantee of work, the parasite wants a settlement to pay for his bass boat. The letter you get from this website will likely not meet the requirements of employment letters

Not to worry. Employment letters are optional. If you can verify your employment with w-2s and/or recent checkstubs

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

This is ridiculous.

*Stress*

Employers do this protect themselves from bloodsucking parasitic attorneys. These parasites have been known to SUE employers who lay off or fire employees after writing them an employment letter. It doesn't matter that these letters do not constitute a lifetime guarantee of work, the parasite wants a settlement to pay for his bass boat. The letter you get from this website will likely not meet the requirements of employment letters

Not to worry. Employment letters are optional. If you can verify your employment with w-2s and/or recent checkstubs

Thank you!! This helps. :thumbs:

Timeline:

May 9, 2010 - Married!

Tumblr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Oh It is sooo frustrating. My employer also uses the work number, and like you said they have to use the phone or internet, get an account, pay a monthly fee etc, what's the deal! So I asked our HR department to do the letter and they said that they have a timeline of 6 months to generate a letter! I was like WHAT? then they said ask my departments HR person and so I emailed him the template and said it has to be on letterhead and I made it easy for him and he did it for me well he forgot but when I bugged him he did the letter. There HAS to be a way a person can do this for you, i would ask until you get it in writing that they will not do it for you, and then maybe submit THAT letter with all the pay stubs and maybe your own history of employment that is a connect the dots approach to the same result.

Good luck I know this tune!

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

This is ridiculous.

*Stress*

You don't ask your boss for "Employment Verification Letter." You should go to an accountant department and ask for one. In my case, I wrote up my own Employment Verification Letter and handed to the accountant manager and let her sign it and she did. Hope that help.

-Randy

USCIS Journey (see timeline)

05/02/2009……I-130 Sent

09/28/2009....I-130 Approved

NVC Journey

10/05/2009....NVC Received & Case# Assigned

10/06/2009....DS-3032 & AOS Received via email/DS-3032 Sent via email/Pay AOS fee online

10/07/2009....DS-3032 Hardcopy Sent via Fedex; Received & signed by: K. StLaurent, Oct 8, 2009 10:03 AM

10/08/2009....AOS Bill status: PAID; Printed cover sheet

10/09/2009....I-864EZ Packet sent via FedEx; Received & signed by: K. StLaurent, Oct 13, 2009 9:55 AM

10/16/2009....I-864EZ Packet received per AVR/IV Bill generated & pay IV Bill

10/17/2009....DS-3032 Received per AVR/DS-3032 Accepted via email 10/19 / DS-3032 accepted via email 10/20)

10/21/2009....IV Bill status: PAID

10/21/2009....FedEx DS-230 Packet & delivered and signed for by: J.DESMOND Oct 22, 2009 9:34 AM

10/23/2009....RFE per AVR (document was missing or incomplete) <---False (DS-230 was delivered but not yet in the system)

10/24/2009....Checklist response was received per AVR <--- DS-230 is now in the system

10/28/2009....Received "Checklist Letter Response" email

11/04/2009....RFE for Missing PC per Operator/AVR

11/06/2009....Received RFE for Missing PC/Fedex PC

11/09/2009....RFE Delivered and Signed for by: K.STLAURENT Nov 9, 2009 9:50 AM

11/16/2009....Checklist received per AVR

11/24/2009....Sign In: Failed

11/25/2009....Case Completed: 11/24 per AVR

12/03/2009....Interview Date: January 07, 2010

12/11/2009....Case mailed to embassy: 12/10 per AVR

01/07/2010....Interview Result: Approved

01/15/2010....Visa Received: Yes

02/04/2010....Arrived: Los Angeles (LAX)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My employer also uses the work number for employee verification purposes. So after I played around on their website I figured this will not work for me.

I called my employee benefits department explained that I need a letter for the US Government and I was able to get what I needed.

Good luck with your visa journey.

OK so I am not alone in this worknumber BS :)

I sent paycheck stubs with my AOS packet today, and I also sent a copy of returned employment verification letter request that I sent to my company HQ, and they just returned it to me with the worknumber stamp and their ID on it...

So I wrote a brief letter that I included with my AOS packet in which I explained that due to company policies I am unable to obtain the letter, and that they (NVC)can check that info on worknumber website. I created the salary key on worknumber, printed out that page with code and sent it also to NVC and said they can use that if they need further proof. Hopefully it will work...

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I sent paycheck stubs with my AOS packet today, and I also sent a copy of returned employment verification letter request that I sent to my company HQ, and they just returned it to me with the worknumber stamp and their ID on it...

So I wrote a brief letter that I included with my AOS packet in which I explained that due to company policies I am unable to obtain the letter, and that they (NVC)can check that info on worknumber website. I created the salary key on worknumber, printed out that page with code and sent it also to NVC and said they can use that if they need further proof. Hopefully it will work...

sounds solid! they will let you know if they need something

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is ridiculous.

*Stress*

My company uses the same system. I sent an email to the work number, and they responded that my company did not sponsor immigration benefits verification. I sent the email to my HR department, and they drafted an employment/salary verification letter. They have to provide employment verification by law...they just had to see that I had attempted to follow the standard procedures. Good luck to you.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• 9 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
On 6/3/2009 at 9:44 PM, vareska said:

i know this was long time ago, but im with the same problem in 2018...this what you said works???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

call the work number and tell them what you need in the letter, it's something they don't do by default, they then call your hr department asking for permission, after permission is given they will draft a letter and you then download that from their website.

This is what I did, but it was still missing the company logo and a wet signature.

Chok dee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.