raven52

Bad NEWS, for anyone who filed visa, recently!!!

408 posts in this topic

i really hope and pray that everything will be fix... my husband already take a risk of buying the ticket for me and my son.. our interview will be on the 7th and he got some tickets for july 17th...

That's a tight schedule even without a system that's down.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

That's a tight schedule even without a system that's down.

It depends where. Here in Warsaw it usually was (before the outage) next day appointment and 1 day processing.

I'm having my L1 appointment on July 1st (booked yesterday) and quietly hope for July 4th flight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Stolen from another thread to get it out to the Philippine masses..

http://manila.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visa.html

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

The Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our overseas passport and visa systems. This issue is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working urgently to correct the problem and restore full operability.

Applications for a U.S. visa made after June 8, 2015, are also affected by this delay.

If you:

1. filled out and submitted your DS-160 online application after June 8, please reschedule your appointment. If you have an urgent travel, you are welcome to request for an expedited appointment by following the instructions inhttp://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-expeditedappointment.asp. At the moment, we will try to accommodate expedited requests for urgent medical treatment (including organ donation), visiting a dying immediate family member, or attending the funeral of an immediate family member. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit will determine the merits of the request and will provide instructions when the request is approved.

2. filled out and submitted your DS-160 online application on or before June 8, 2015, you may proceed to the Embassy on your interview date. However, due to technical delays, we will not be able to process your visa in a timely manner.

If you have an urgent travel, please send an e-mail toCONSManilaNIV@state.gov with the subject line REQUEST FOR URGENT PROCESSING. At the moment, we will try to accommodate expedited requests for urgent medical treatment (including organ donation), visiting a dying immediate family member, or attending the funeral of an immediate family member. In the request, please specify the applicant’s complete name, date of birth, passport number, date when the DS-160 form was accomplished, DS-160 barcode number, and anticipated date and reason for travel. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit will advise all requestors accordingly. Those scheduled from June 15 to June 26 may, alternatively, reschedule their appointment at a later date.

Stolen from another thread to get it out to the Philippine masses..

http://manila.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visa.html

Thank you. That brings me a lot more comfort that our interview won't be rescheduled! This will probably mean that we will be in AP, but if they keep his passport, that might not mean such a bad thing...we shall see!

Signature coming soon...

Anyone on here want to share what their passport tracking status is doing?

June 4th - Interview - issued 221g

June 5th - Missing document submitted

June 5th - passport tracking shows "passport is being delivered to post"

June 15th - Passport tracking by email changed to "no status update available"

June 20th - Passport tracking on traveldocs website changed to "no status update available"

Just wondering if the technical problems would cause "no status update" or what the heck is going on!?!?

This is an updated message from London.

Updated 22 June 2015

The Bureau of Consular Affairs is in the process of resolving technical problems with our visa systems. Biometric data is not yet processing properly to allow embassies and consulates to perform security checks required to issue visas. We are striving to have the system online sometime this week.

The link for the full message below

http://london.usembassy.gov/visas.html

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

This is an updated message from London.

Updated 22 June 2015

The Bureau of Consular Affairs is in the process of resolving technical problems with our visa systems. Biometric data is not yet processing properly to allow embassies and consulates to perform security checks required to issue visas. We are striving to have the system online sometime this week.

The link for the full message below

http://london.usembassy.gov/visas.html

Nothing new.

They just caught up to the official DoS message from June 19th.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Somewhat of an update... Some people are commenting on their Facebook page saying they apparently got their visa just now from June 8/9. Some have said embassies are slowly issuing visas now from earlier approvals, so I believe the update today is going to tell us that they're 'slowly fixing the problem and starting to issue some visas and clear the backlog'. That's my guess :)

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

K1 visa was issued to a friends cousin in Ecuador (that's our embassy) from June 9th interview! So yes looks like all visas in all countries are slowly being issued! DOS probably doesn't want to give an update yet to make sure they've got it handled and that they don't give anyone a false hope. Yayy though!! Looks like it's running today!

Facebook U.S department of state consular affairs! :)

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just read this article that now it could be another week. Guess my fiancé won't make the wedding

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/406266/work+visas/No+End+In+Sight+To+State+Department+Visa+Processing+Delays

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The department of state is issuing a statement today. I would wait for what they have to say rather than a news article. Also- she's just regurgitating information we already know. Follow the department of state consular affairs on Facebook....they have the most accurate updates..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.