raven52

Bad NEWS, for anyone who filed visa, recently!!!

408 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On the timelines, I see that a few people received their visa within the last week. Their interviews were in May and early June. So is it true that interviews that happened before June 9 aren't affected by the delays?

12-01-2014: Sent I-129F package via FedEx

12-03-2014: Package arrived at TSC

12-08-2014: Check cashed

12-12-2014: NOA1 hard copy

01-23-2015: USCIS status: Case was Approved

01-30-2015: NOA2 hard copy

02-02-2015: USCIS sent K1 package to NVC

02-10-2015: NVC received K1 package

02-11-2015: Date that NVC supposedly assigned case number

02-18-2015: Called NVC and asked for case number

02-23-2015: Paid MRV Fee

03-02-2015: Scheduled USEM interview appointment

03-02-2015: NVC letter received

03-09-2015: Medical interview

04-23-2015: USEM interview, got 221g email, CEAC status: Immigrant AP

04-28-2015: CFO Seminar, sent 221g response

04-29-2015: USEM received 221g response

04-30-2015: CEAC status date updated

06-17-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant Ready

06-27-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant AP

07-01-2015: Visa in hand! (CEAC still AP lol)

Timeline

On the timelines, I see that a few people received their visa within the last week. Their interviews were in May and early June. So is it true that interviews that happened before June 9 aren't affected by the delays?

The visa needed to be printed before June 9th. They're just now getting them due to the time it takes to finish processing and delivering them.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Which embassy are you with?

So my fiancés brother & mom had scheduled tourist visa appointments today. They were rescheduled to June 30th. My fiancé had his interview past the June 9 date (this past Monday the 15th), but I think after a certain point some consulates started rescheduling some appointments like theirs, probably as to not add to the backlog!

Upon calling the embassy, my fiancé was told that they don't think it'll be 'more than 5 days or so'. I just really want my fiancé to get his visa next week :( with all the backlog (50,000 a day?! Crazy), here's to hoping..... :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

So my fiancés brother & mom had scheduled tourist visa appointments today. They were rescheduled to June 30th. My fiancé had his interview past the June 9 date (this past Monday the 15th), but I think after a certain point some consulates started rescheduling some appointments like theirs, probably as to not add to the backlog!

Upon calling the embassy, my fiancé was told that they don't think it'll be 'more than 5 days or so'. I just really want my fiancé to get his visa next week :( with all the backlog (50,000 a day?! Crazy), here's to hoping..... :/

I would track the information on the travel.state.gov site more than listening to any Embassy....As of the 17th, they do not feel like they will be up and running for another week or so. And at that point, have to start with all of the approved but not issued prior to the 9th, then move forward from there. If they are truly printing 50,000 or more a day on a normal basis, we may be waiting a bit ..

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Public and private sector experts are working around the clock to correct the visa problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought the background checks had already been done prior to the k-1 interviews?.. I'm not sure why they need to do yet another check especially after receiving the police certificates as requested. Very frustrating

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

UPDATE JUNE 19 http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

• Public and private sector experts are making progress in correcting the visa problem, and we are striving to have the system online sometime next week.

• Overseas and domestic passports are being issued.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

<p>

I would track the information on the travel.state.gov site more than listening to any Embassy....As of the 17th, they do not feel like they will be up and running for another week or so. And at that point, have to start with all of the approved but not issued prior to the 9th, then move forward from there. If they are truly printing 50,000 or more a day on a normal basis, we may be waiting a bit ..

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

• Public and private sector experts are working around the clock to correct the visa problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week.

I didn't say that I expect it to be next week or that I think that the embassy knows for sure. They said they don't THINK it'll be more than 5 days to FIX, not to get our visa. Of course they don't know for sure; they aren't the DOS. They're just giving us an estimate based on what they've heard from the DOS (which is very similar to what the DOS is giving). And besides that, I don't totally trust what the DOS tells us, either, with their vague and robotic responses! I'm only passing on the info given to us for those who have hope like we do based on our future plans.

But We've seen that update, and that update was a few days ago, saying that they don't think it'll be BEFORE next week, not that it wouldn't be up next week! Our interview was shortly after the delay, so I don't foresee it being weeks before we get ours.. Hopefully. :)

Ps- our consulate is Ecuador! :)

Edited by SantyAndAllie

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

I didn't say that I expect it to be next week or that I think that the embassy knows for sure. They said they don't THINK it'll be more than 5 days to FIX, not to get our visa. Of course they don't know for sure; they aren't the DOS. They're just giving us an estimate based on what they've heard from the DOS (which is very similar to what the DOS is giving). And besides that, I don't totally trust what the DOS tells us, either, with their vague and robotic responses! I'm only passing on the info given to us for those who have hope like we do based on our future plans.

But We've seen that update, and that update was a few days ago, saying that they don't think it'll be BEFORE next week, not that it wouldn't be up next week! Our interview was shortly after the delay, so I don't foresee it being weeks before we get ours.. Hopefully. :)

Ps- our consulate is Ecuador! :)

Here is a more promising update! Dated today June 19th

• Public and private sector experts are making progress in correcting the visa problem, and we are striving to have the system online sometime next week.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Timeline

<p>

Here is a more promising update! Dated today June 19th

I saw that Tarzan posted that before I commented, LOL! Thank you guys! Makes me so happy that there's progress! :D and makes me hopeful for next week.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

I saw that Tarzan posted that before I commented, LOL! Thank you guys! Makes me so happy that there's progress! :D and makes me hopeful for next week.

Yes... I didn't see his post till after I posted. Then I thought "aw well it's positive news so let's let everyone read it twice" LoL. We're all in the same boat. It's nice to keep track of things together ?

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Timeline

I thought the background checks had already been done prior to the k-1 interviews?.. I'm not sure why they need to do yet another check especially after receiving the police certificates as requested. Very frustrating

They are done when the DS-160 is completed.

Timeline

If they fix the issue this week as they're 'striving to', July interviews shouldn't be affected. I think they postponed ones from this week & maybe next week in order to prevent more backlog of pending visas.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

i really hope and pray that everything will be fix... my husband already take a risk of buying the ticket for me and my son.. our interview will be on the 7th and he got some tickets for july 17th...

Ouch.

Edited by Shauneg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.