raven52

Bad NEWS, for anyone who filed visa, recently!!!

408 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I'm kinda hearing a few different things, my assumption is that everybody no matter who you are who have interviews and are approved after June 9th are gonna experience a delay, but other people are saying that as long as you applied/paid for DS-160 and all that jazz before June 9th you'll probably be fine...

So which one is it? lol

Fine as in the interview can still be accompished because the can review the DS-160. Some places are canceling anyway due to the visa issue. The visa problem is still there. Since June 9th visas of any kind can not be printed.

I filed the DS-160 before June 9th, keep my interview date of June 18th (approved..yeeheey!). They told her to allow 3 weeks for delivey of passport/visa and didn't mention the problem, though obviously it exists. If you do the DS-160 they cannot proceed to the interview because their system won't allow them to vet the information on said form....however it is they do that.

There's really two problems

DS-160 problem

Visa problem

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.ht

Technological Systems Issue
JUNE 17, 2015
Visa Systems Issues

The Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to experience technical problems with our visa systems. This is a global issue, and we are working around the clock to fix it. More than 100 computer experts from both the private and public sectors across the United States are working on this problem 24/7. That said, we do not expect the system will be online before next week. The problems stem from a hardware failure in a State Department facility in the United States on June 9. That failure is preventing the Department from processing and transmitting biometric data checks at visa-issuing embassies and consulates. We cannot bypass the legal requirements to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel. Each visa decision is a national security decision, and we take our obligation to protect the United States seriously.

We regret the inconvenience to travelers and recognize that this is causing hardship to those waiting for visas, and in some cases, their family members or employers in the United States. We will continue to post regular updates on our website, travel.state.gov.

Q: What caused this outage? Was it a malicious action or hack?

• There is no evidence the problem is cyber-security related.

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Public and private sector experts are working around the clock to correct the visa problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week.
  • Overseas and domestic passports are being issued.

Q: How many travelers are affected by this outage?

• Most posts were able to handle visa interviews and some visa printing as usual through the end of last week. This week, many posts have had to reschedule visa appointments. We handle an average 50,000 applications daily worldwide. Many applicants do not have immediate travel plans and will receive visas in time for planned trips. We are prioritizing urgent medical and other humanitarian cases as well as H2A agricultural workers.

Q: Once operational, how will cases be prioritized?

• We are already prioritizing urgent humanitarian cases and temporary agricultural workers. Once the systems are fully operational, we will work as quickly as possible to clear the backlog of pending visa cases.
  • We apologize to travelers and recognize that this has caused hardship to some individuals waiting for visas.

Q: What about domestic passports?

• Domestic passport operations are functioning, with some intermittent processing delays. While some of these issues have affected same-day service at our passport agencies, we continue to issue passports to U.S. citizens with urgent overseas travel needs.

If you do the DS-160 they cannot proceed to the interview because their system won't allow them to vet the information on said form....however it is they do that.

When do they actually do the background check procedures? I figured they used the DS-160 info, but I don't know if it's before or after the interview. Any insight anyone?

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

So I'm kinda hearing a few different things, my assumption is that everybody no matter who you are who have interviews and are approved after June 9th are gonna experience a delay, but other people are saying that as long as you applied/paid for DS-160 and all that jazz before June 9th you'll probably be fine...

So which one is it? lol

The system is down, so they are looking to cancel the upcoming appointments and not schedule new appointments at this time. It will be Country by Country decision to halt all activity, but I believe that is the recommendation from the powers that be. They are backlogged by at least 50,000 visas per day. So the approved cases overseas between when the system went down until they stop doing all approvals will have to be completed and issued before they restart new interviews.

The system is down, so they are looking to cancel the upcoming appointments and not schedule new appointments at this time. It will be Country by Country decision to halt all activity, but I believe that is the recommendation from the powers that be. They are backlogged by at least 50,000 visas per day. So the approved cases overseas between when the system went down until they stop doing all approvals will have to be completed and issued before they restart new interviews.

Wow. We have 20 days to see if they will allow our interview or not. Hopefully we can get it because waiting after you've been told you are approved (at least initially) will feel better. We won't mind being in AP if we know (or at least think) that we may end the wait with a visa after the system is back on. But either way, we just need to wait...and wait...and wait... At least we aren't in a situation like some others! Waiting in AP for a year, waiting nearly a year for the interview only to wait on this glitch, needing to pay for high and unexpected expenses, needing medical care, etc. Oy vey!!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm just so nervous that my interview will be cancelled, it's on June 25th. Everyday I wake up and have anxiety to look at my email because I'm afraid it's gonna say they've cancelled it...not that I've been sleeping much lately anyway...this is like some really bad nightmare I can't escape from.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, so many have it so much worse than I do.

K1 Visa Timeline 01/30/2015- Engaged02/20/2015- I-129F petition filed03/12/2015- NOA 1 received04/02/2015- NOA 2 received!04/24/2014- Case sent from NVC to Consulate in Montreal04/27/2015- Called NVC to receive Case #05/04/2015- Emailed/mailed Packet 3 to Montreal05/13/2015- Consulate received Packet 305/20/2015- Packet 4 email06/12/2015- Medical06/25/2015- Interview-APPROVED07/08/2015- Visa issued07/14/2015- Visa in hand07/20/2015- POE Sarnia/Port Huron border<p>08/14/2015- wedding!

September 2015- Applied for AOS

September 30th- Biometrics Appointment

November 2015- Advanced Parole/ Employment Authorization Received

Timeline

Wow. We have 20 days to see if they will allow our interview or not. Hopefully we can get it because waiting after you've been told you are approved (at least initially) will feel better. We won't mind being in AP if we know (or at least think) that we may end the wait with a visa after the system is back on. But either way, we just need to wait...and wait...and wait... At least we aren't in a situation like some others! Waiting in AP for a year, waiting nearly a year for the interview only to wait on this glitch, needing to pay for high and unexpected expenses, needing medical care, etc. Oy vey!!

It really is miserable. I waited 222 days for I-129F approval, flew to Guatemala to be with fiance for interview. Had interview on June 5. Automatically goes into AP until visa gets issued, which I was told would be the 10th. Now the glitch. Lost the money for both our flights, had to have family cancel wedding which was scheduled for the 20th. I am at 8 days shy of 11 months since receipt of I-129F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

For what I understand :

- Those who signed and sent the DS-160 AFTER June 9th => Interview have to be rescheduled (I would still call the embassy to be sure, maybe they don't cancel the interviews in every country/embassy..)

- Those who signed and sent the DS-160 BEFORE June 9th => Interview is still available

- Those who had their interview AFTER June 9th => They will have to wait until the technical issue is fixed and for their visa to be printed.

As simple as that ! :star:

Hope I helped.

Cheers !

Service Center : Texas Service Center (TSC)

I-129F Sent : September 3rd, 2014

I-129F NOA1 : September 10th, 2014

... After 222 days ...

I-129F NOA2 : April 20th, 2015

I-129F NOA2 Hard copy : April 27th, 2015

I-129F NOA2 Sent to NVC : May 8th, 2015

NVC receive our case : May 11th, 2015

NVC attribute case number : May 11th, 2015

Our case left NVC : May 14th, 2015

Our case arrive at Paris Embassy : May 18th, 2015

Packet 3 received : June 5th, 2015

Medical : June 23th, 2015

Interview : June 25th, 2015

Visa received : July 8th, 2015

Departure :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For what I understand :

- Those who signed and sent the DS-160 AFTER June 9th => Interview have to be rescheduled (I would still call the embassy to be sure, maybe they don't cancel the interviews in every country/embassy..)

- Those who signed and sent the DS-160 BEFORE June 9th => Interview is still available

- Those who had their interview AFTER June 9th => They will have to wait until the technical issue is fixed and for their visa to be printed.

As simple as that ! :star:

Hope I helped.

Cheers !

99% right. Those who had interviews before june 9th who didn't have their visa printed yet still have to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I can understand why urgent medical & humanitarian cases are being prioritized...I do not understand why H2A agricultural (a.k.a. Migrant) cases are being prioritized. How are those visas more important than any other citizen who are unable to get back to their jobs- unable to get to a new job offer they have- etc, etc. Or why they're more important than ANY other pending visas period. I love how our government prioritizes things.

Timeline

I can understand why urgent medical & humanitarian cases are being prioritized...I do not understand why H2A agricultural (a.k.a. Migrant) cases are being prioritized. How are those visas more important than any other citizen who are unable to get back to their jobs- unable to get to a new job offer they have- etc, etc. Or why they're more important than ANY other pending visas period. I love how our government prioritizes things.

Because harvesting crops is done when the food needs to be harvested, not when it is convenient to process them.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

This is exactly how I feel. My interview is on the 30th and every day that passes with no news gives me more anxiety. My fiancé thinks I'm crazy and everything will be okay but the U.S. Doesn't prioritize properly. ? I hope they come up with a solution soon

I'm just so nervous that my interview will be cancelled, it's on June 25th. Everyday I wake up and have anxiety to look at my email because I'm afraid it's gonna say they've cancelled it...not that I've been sleeping much lately anyway...this is like some really bad nightmare I can't escape from.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, so many have it so much worse than I do.

Edited by saracatherine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I guess according to travel.state.gov yesterday they were able to issue 250 agricultural visas in Mexico and are anticipating many will receive more this week.

Is this a glimmer of hope that things are letting up? I don't even know.

K1 Visa Timeline 01/30/2015- Engaged02/20/2015- I-129F petition filed03/12/2015- NOA 1 received04/02/2015- NOA 2 received!04/24/2014- Case sent from NVC to Consulate in Montreal04/27/2015- Called NVC to receive Case #05/04/2015- Emailed/mailed Packet 3 to Montreal05/13/2015- Consulate received Packet 305/20/2015- Packet 4 email06/12/2015- Medical06/25/2015- Interview-APPROVED07/08/2015- Visa issued07/14/2015- Visa in hand07/20/2015- POE Sarnia/Port Huron border<p>08/14/2015- wedding!

September 2015- Applied for AOS

September 30th- Biometrics Appointment

November 2015- Advanced Parole/ Employment Authorization Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.