raven52

Bad NEWS, for anyone who filed visa, recently!!!

408 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Five minutes ago, ABC news broad castled that the US Immigration and some parts of Home Land Security, web sites and computer sites had "been hacked" (believed by China), yet to be confirmed.

This compromises the USA immigration and Dept. of Homeland Security, to a degree not explained.

I quote, word for word, "all visas and passport applications, can expect lengthy delays, if YOU FILED ON OR AFTER JUNE 9, 2015!!!"

I just felt our members should know what ABC news, is reporting, which is a liberal, but very reliable source of news.

What is wrong with this country, that it cannot even protect our most sensitive and protective agency's supposedly secure, and sensitive information?!?!???

Timeline

Is this the prior hack and they are just now realizing the depths or a new one? The hack they have been talking about the past few days started last year and was discovered this past April but only announced to the public on June 5. I have a feeling this is related to that and are just realizing the implications so are taking networks offline.

Is this delaying the visas being issued correct? Im cutting it close as it is :( then to leak info too. Ugh!!!

It literallly says that in wrote he wrote....

"I quote, word for word, "all visas and passport applications, can expect lengthy delays, if YOU FILED ON OR AFTER JUNE 9, 2015!!!""

I was wondering about that. A few weeks ago, I was on a Canadian thread where some people had their visa's being issued delayed - but they said they were later issued. And on the DS - 260 for spousal visas, the ceac.gov isn't working so well.

Signature coming soon...

Lol.....guy should run for office.....

Q: What caused this outage? Was it a malicious action or hack?

• We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect the system to be fully operational again soon.

That tickled me too! "We know you are going to ask us if China or Russia hacked us, so we are going to tell you now that we are not going to tell you"!!! Oy vey!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

MS and KK,

This link you post is a few days old and is a """very sugar coated"" version, of the actual news cast. Also, no news network is going to say something like this, and ""really tell how bad the "hack" was. China seems to be culprit, (why does it seem this administration, is so easily "attacked" by our advisories) "I also firmly disagree that ABC news is a "right leaning" network. Fox is the only network that leans to

the right, in fact, considered conservative, or a right wing, network.

Watch the Sunday morning news programs, "This week with George Stephanopoulos".,.,., is a "right leaning" news reporting program? I "beg your pardon!" This was the Clinton's "boy."

But, this has nothing to do with what was heard, I just quoted, word for word, ABC's news report, and after the news about the escaped convicts, they spent several minutes, saying how bad the "hack" was, and who would be impacted by this stealing of confidential information. "All visas and passport application, applied for on June 9, or after.

I am sure someone else heard this.

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

I had seen an article maybe a couple of weeks ago about the China hack and had been wondering if this was what was affecting the website issues. Ugh!!! So ready to go to my home country (the United States) with my Argentine husband!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Omg.... the website literally says "As a result, we are unable to print visas...."

This is literally the worst news I could imagine getting right now.... we scheduled our interview THIS MORNING. We are soooooo close to the end and now this? It's going to be interesting to see how this affects people... I hope they are overestimating the problems :(

K1 Visa Timeline:

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 10-15-14

NOA2: 05-15-15

Sent to NVC: 05-21-15

NVC received: 06-01-15
Sent to Paris: 06-04-15

Accepted at Paris: 06-08-15

Medical: 06-30-15

Interview, approved: 07-15-15

Pick up at embassy: 07-20-15

Entry to USA: 07-23-15

Adjustment of Status filed: 09-04-15

Biometrics Appt: 09-21-15

No interview

Approval: 03-18-16

Ok...whatever happend, happend...and as for me, I am kinda relieved, in a way....ONLY because it can possibly explain WHY my husband's visa has been delayed a year now, in AP.

PS they should just hire some IT genius from google or apple to fix this...it can't be this hard.

The DoS release states that this is a different "event" from the one from last year; however, it's preventing any background checks for visas to be printed. So from June 9th to whenever they fix it, even though interviews maybe going on, it sounds like everyone will need to wait for the visas to be printed, even if approved. But things like this, can be that hard.

I just want to say that was really rude and uncalled for to say. If you have nothing helpful or supportive to say, don't say anything. We are all going through what is a stressful process to be with our loved ones without such critical remarks.

Just ignore such comments. I hit the report button because it breaks the TOS (terms of service). No need to even address such a comment.

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.