Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Please read the wiki and the official instructions.

Some things never change around here lol :rofl:

Green card was finally optimized yesterday! Hopefully there's nothing wrong with it and we can be done with this nonsense until May 2016! :-D

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi,

I just found out that the nvc wants to see my paystubs for my aos.

i am the petitioner, i live overseas with my wife and my mom is the co sponser.

my lawyer says that its wiered that they want me to prove my employment when my employment dosent qualify as income in the states since its tax exempt.

feels like i just got a really picky review from the nvc. Can i get the nvc to re think if they need my paystubs?

dont want to wait another 60 days!!!

Some things never change around here lol :rofl:

Green card was finally optimized yesterday! Hopefully there's nothing wrong with it and we can be done with this nonsense until May 2016! :-D

Nope, never!

And phew, about time! And ROC catches up on you quite quickly! My advice: start collecting evidence over the years. Keep like a box away somewhere and just put stuff in there as you go along. I'm guessing it's easier than what I did. I scrambled around for a few weeks putting all the evidence together and managed to send off my package like 10 days or something before my green card was to expire :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Nope, never!

And phew, about time! And ROC catches up on you quite quickly! My advice: start collecting evidence over the years. Keep like a box away somewhere and just put stuff in there as you go along. I'm guessing it's easier than what I did. I scrambled around for a few weeks putting all the evidence together and managed to send off my package like 10 days or something before my green card was to expire :jest:

So If u cross 2nd anniversary before entering then u don't have to go through this again right? Is there a interview for adjustment of status? And are the evidences needed? Mine is in jan 22. If I get the interview in dec I will go but if jan before my annivesary date then might as well wait and save the hard work again.

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Also, you said you are getting ready to send your AOS package. Does that mean you aren't planning on sending the IV package also? Don't the new instructions tell you to send your packages at the same time or it will cause delays?

yes we are planning separately, didn't see or receive any instructions about sending the packages together. and is it possible to send the IV package even though we're unable to make the payment.

So If u cross 2nd anniversary before entering then u don't have to go through this again right? Is there a interview for adjustment of status? And are the evidences needed? Mine is in jan 22. If I get the interview in dec I will go but if jan before my annivesary date then might as well wait and save the hard work again.

If you do POE after your second year anniversary, then you'll get a 10 year green card, thus no Removal of Conditions needed (that's only for conditional 2 year green cards, for those married under 2 years at time of POE).

For IR-1/CR-1 visa applicants, there is no Adjustment of Status :no: Do you mean ROC? If so, interviews are random and for those with red flags. I wasn't given an interview when I went through ROC. But yes, evidence is needed for ROC. Basically stuff that's happened in the last 2 years, so names on leases/mortgages, joint bank accounts, both names on insurance, taxes filed together, etc etc. The cost of ROC is also around $600. Depending on when you get your visa back, you may want to seriously consider waiting to avoid all that. I know you probably want to move right away, but considering it'll save you $600 and headaches, it may be worth it. Just my two cents though ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes we are planning separately, didn't see or receive any instructions about sending the packages together. and is it possible to send the IV package even though we're unable to make the payment.

As of sept 12, 2014 you MUST submit AOS and IV Package together In ONE package.

Visit NVC website....or read Saylin's wiki (link on the 1st post of this thread)!!!!

If you wanna get delayed in this process(Which I am pretty sure you don't) send them seperately!!If you do so you will have 2scan dates...and your docs will be reviewed 60 days from your last scan date...ak more waiting!

I will advise you to send aos and IV together..you can put each package in an enveloppe and write down AOS/IV and put both enveloppes in another enveloppe with the address

This is my opinion....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Visit NVC website....or read Saylin's wiki (link on the 1st post of this thread)!!!!

If you wanna get delayed in this process(Which I am pretty sure you don't) send them seperately!!If you do so you will have 2scan dates...and your docs will be reviewed 60 days from your last scan date...ak more waiting!

I will advise you to send aos and IV together..you can put each package in an enveloppe and write down AOS/IV and put both enveloppes in another enveloppe with the address

This is my opinion....

It didn't work out for me.... they misplaced my documents.. so better send both with IV coversheet.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is my opinion....

thanks for the advice, a few quick questions though:

Does the IV package use the same barcode cover sheet as the AOS?

Will they review the package without the IV payment?

Timeline

thanks for the advice, a few quick questions though:

Does the IV package use the same barcode cover sheet as the AOS?

Will they review the package without the IV payment?

Use the AOS barcoded sheet for both. When the Time comes to review your packages you will have paid the IV fees.

Receiving the package will trigger the process and unlock the payment of IV fees.it Will become available. Otherwise you can call nvc and say that you sent both packages and they can unlock the fees.

Correct me if I am wrong VJers....

Timeline

It didn't work out for me.... they misplaced my documents.. so better send both with IV coversheet.

It did for me as for other VJers...we sent the IV with AOS barcoded coversheet and Theo didn't misplace it...but still each case is different.

Where are you at now?

Use the AOS barcoded sheet for both. When the Time comes to review your packages you will have paid the IV fees.

Receiving the package will trigger the process and unlock the payment of IV fees.it Will become available. Otherwise you can call nvc and say that you sent both packages and they can unlock the fees.

Correct me if I am wrong VJers....

The IV fee is dependent on the acceptance of the DS-261. It has nothing to do with the AOS track.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.