Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How am I supposed to find out if the nvc received our case? Simply by calling them? The lady asks for a case nr... Do I give her the number that we got assigned with our very first notice of action?

If you've received your NOA2, then you should wait about one week before calling the NVC. When you call, they will ask you, "Case # or Receipt #?" You will only have your receipt#, which is exactly the number you were given on NOA1, and that is written on your approval for NOA2 (electronic and hardcopy).

*IF* the NVC has received your case, the operator will ask you for the beneficiary's full name and date of birth, and then the petitioner's name. Then the operator will ask what you're calling about today. You will ask for your official case #, write it down!, and then you can ask when NVC received the petition and if they know how long it will be in processing (they often can't answer the last one, but you may never know!)

Once you get the case #, you go to CEAC: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

to track your case as it leaves the NVC, arrives at your embassy, and is put in "ready" status for you to begin sending in medical and other items (that will be particular to your embassy, so do the research!)

I will say, my case took exactly one week to move from USCIS NOA2 to NVC. However, I've seen other people's take 10 days to 3 weeks to arrive there, so if they tell you they don't have your case yet, don't worry .Just keep calling every day!

Cheers

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

6/16/14 Embassy Interview--Approved!!!!

7/11/14 Marriage :)

7/25/14 AOS + Work Authorization Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

7/31/14 NOA1--Electronic Notification

8/26/14 Biometrics Appointment--Indianapolis

9/18/14 EAD approved--Electronic Notification

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

5/5/15 RFE (Requested another certified copy of marriage license)

5/14/15 Submitted Materials for RFE

5/28/15 Greencard Approved/In Production!!!!!

My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you. - Keats

What USCIS-es you only makes you stronger.....

How am I supposed to find out if the nvc received our case? Simply by calling them? The lady asks for a case nr... Do I give her the number that we got assigned with our very first notice of action?

Sis you can call NVC 2 weeks after u got ur NOA2, give them the Receipt #, the one USCIS provided to u..

AOS sent - August 29, 2014

AOS Received - Sept 2, 2014

NOA 1 - Sept 04, 2014

Biometrics - Sept 24, 2014

AED/AP Production - November 12, 2014

Combo Card Received - November 20, 2014

AOS Ready for Interview - November 14, 2014

Case Update (for Interview) - December 3, 2014

Interview Date - January 6, 2015

Approved: January 6, 2015

New Card Production - January 6, 2015

Registered New Resident Status & Mailed Welcome Notice- January 7, 2015

New Card Mailed to My address- January 12, 2015

Green Card Received- January 15, 2015

• 2 weeks later...

How long does the case # take to appear on ceac.state.gov website. ..bc mine says invalid number but when I call nvc it's the right number. ..but of course I just got my case # 2 days ago this being day 3....that's why I'm asking. ..am I being to anxious? ?

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We are stuck "At NVC" for AP as well. :( it got to NVC Jun 10 and it's been 16 days already. But most of the post here are around 19 days and a month. So hopefully, I'm just being too anxious.

I read one of the topics saying something about playing with the numbers. The letters are the place, the next 4 numbers are the year and the 3 following are the day of the year plus 500 and the last 3 are the order or sth like that. I've tried changing the last number and I see other people At NVC as well. So I guess it's lagged due to a long queue. California has released lots of petitions lately as well.

The bad thing is that you can't call DoS anymore. The people at NVC are quite rude and always have the same answers. Not to mention the dreadful waiting on the phone. First, the busy tone and then you have to wait like 30 minutes till you reach a person who basically doesn't know a thing. While the NOA2 says "you should receive additional information within 30 days" or so, I've read here that the window waiting is 4 to 8 weeks, the person on the phone said "Sir, we have NEVER had a window time".

So it's just a game of waiting and testing your patience. Anyway, I love reading others experiences, so thanks for posting and if you are in AP, join this topic, so we go thru this together :P

Thank you guys for all the support and I hope you all a quick change of status. :P

:help: Hopping on this thread as I found out this week my K1-visa is Stuck@NVC for AP as well.

NVC Received 06/24 & Case Assigned 06/25. Latest CAEC = "At NVC" status and customer service rep states its in AP.

#Back to the Waiting Game :clock:

I hope you get out soon. Times are running about 3 weeks or less at the moment for this. Let us know when you are sent on!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Timeline

I hope you get out soon. Times are running about 3 weeks or less at the moment for this. Let us know when you are sent on!

Thank you cdneh!

:) Great News Everyone! New CEAC Visa Status for my K1 appl = "In Transit". So in total my application was in Administrative Processing for 10 business days or a little over 2 weeks with the 4th of July in between. [Jun 25 to July 9th].

What is surprising is that I did not receive any correspondent mail or e-mail from NVC at all! :rolleyes:

I only found out about the receipt status by calling and then watching CEAC daily. Good Luck to those who are still in AP and hope you guys come out soon.

Thank you cdneh!

:) Great News Everyone! New CEAC Visa Status for my K1 appl = "In Transit". So in total my application was in Administrative Processing for 10 business days or a little over 2 weeks with the 4th of July in between. [Jun 25 to July 9th].

What is surprising is that I did not receive any correspondent mail or e-mail from NVC at all! :rolleyes:

I only found out about the receipt status by calling and then watching CEAC daily. Good Luck to those who are still in AP and hope you guys come out soon.

Congrats! :dancing:

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

My wife and I are starting to get depressed about being stuck at the NVC. We are still waiting for two documents to be reviewed, one of which they received June 6th. Now, it is looking like I will have to go back to the States next month while she moves back in with her parents to wait for the interview.

All of this waiting is ruining the plans we had set up. Who knows how long we will be apart from one another (after having lived together for the past two years)? Just so frustrated that there is literally nothing we can do to make things work out.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

no, not at all.

AP at an Embassy/Consulate IV Unit is a different beastie altogether.

Darnell , thanks for helping all... U r angle!!!!,!!

One question , I got 130 &129f approved same day on 08/15/14, but my original documents are still with USCIS, (marriage certificate etc. ) should I call them to send me back or they will be transferred to NVC automatically and They will be retuned to us at the embassy where the applicant will appear for the interview ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello. Our case was processed at the TSC and it took 7 months. I did get an email from TSC saying the file is being sent to NVC. It took 9 days. Now I am told it is in AP at NVC and its 8 days and counting. They did give me the case number.

Should I go ahead and have my fiancée get an appointment for the medical and the interview for lets say a months time?

Any advice?

By recent posts, it does seem that times for AP have come down to a few weeks lately. When we were stuck there back in 2008/2009, on the basis of having the ALK number, I was able to get them to send out packet three, and I had my medical done way before AP was over. I think it would depend on the consulate in the country you are dealing with. If you look up at the top, in the blue bar, click on Embassy Info, and look them up. Quite a lot of them have email addresses, and you could ask that way. Good luck, I hope they send you on your way soon!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello.. i am also ap in nvc stage.. a following week nvc told us that our case is not in their system.. and we asked where it is but they know nothing.. can someone help my case or same case with mine.. so worried here.. thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.