Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Called the nvc and its the same ol bs. I am just so disgusted with the bs.

Well, we have been there 12 days now so hopefully soon it will be done. I heard back from the embassy and they do have open interviews this year so it was not the reason DOS gave me.

4q5k.jpg

Well, we have been there 12 days now so hopefully soon it will be done. I heard back from the embassy and they do have open interviews this year so it was not the reason DOS gave me.

No, it wasn't. I think you'll be told, if you ask, the same thing I was told at interview. Random. The FOIA request also stated random.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

No, it wasn't. I think you'll be told, if you ask, the same thing I was told at interview. Random. The FOIA request also stated random.

Yes, and in all of our cases that is just the worst reason in the whole world to accept. LOL! Oh well, shouldn't be too much longer!

4q5k.jpg

Yes, and in all of our cases that is just the worst reason in the whole world to accept. LOL! Oh well, shouldn't be too much longer!

I know I was well annoyed! Nearly 8 weeks, nobody could tell us anything, not even a thread here about it at the time. We used to sit in front of the computer at night, yakking back and forth. It is our age? Is it because I am Canadian but filing from NZ? Is it because of his double whammy super duper top secret security clearance..long expired? It is because the planets were incorrectly lined up when our petition hit the desk in front of the person looking at us?

At interview, the very nice lady speaking to me said.."oh. I see you were in random security checks for quite a while. It's something new they are doing. We didn't even know" I asked her again, random, really? She answered, yes. She also had a large bunch of paperwork, with big squares down one side, all with tick marks in them. Nothing we ever sent them, and I was so tempted to ask her what that was. All the same, I figured I've passed, let's not press my luck here, just let me out of limbo.

It passes, it really does, and since those days they seem to have worked the kinks out of the procedure, so it takes a lot less time that it once did. I hope you are all out and underway soonest smile.png

I know I was well annoyed! Nearly 8 weeks, nobody could tell us anything, not even a thread here about it at the time. We used to sit in front of the computer at night, yakking back and forth. It is our age? Is it because I am Canadian but filing from NZ? Is it because of his double whammy super duper top secret security clearance..long expired? It is because the planets were incorrectly lined up when our petition hit the desk in front of the person looking at us?

At interview, the very nice lady speaking to me said.."oh. I see you were in random security checks for quite a while. It's something new they are doing. We didn't even know" I asked her again, random, really? She answered, yes. She also had a large bunch of paperwork, with big squares down one side, all with tick marks in them. Nothing we ever sent them, and I was so tempted to ask her what that was. All the same, I figured I've passed, let's not press my luck here, just let me out of limbo.

It passes, it really does, and since those days they seem to have worked the kinks out of the procedure, so it takes a lot less time that it once did. I hope you are all out and underway soonest smile.png

Did you ever come across another couple that was stuck there as long as you both were?

4q5k.jpg

No, there was one other couple who were a day or two shorter. Here's a link to the first thread, somewhere in all that we had a list smile.png

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/

No, there was one other couple who were a day or two shorter. Here's a link to the first thread, somewhere in all that we had a list smile.png

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/

Oh boy! Well hopefully as you said times have come down a bit since 2008. I just received an email from the Ombudsman that I sent when our case took 6 weeks to ship to NVC from USCIS and they said our case was under AP in the email..LOLOLOL!

4q5k.jpg

How good of them to let you know! :P

Be sure to post, and anyone else stuck in AP, when you get cut loose, so we can work out what the numbers are like these days. :)

How good of them to let you know! tongue.png

Be sure to post, and anyone else stuck in AP, when you get cut loose, so we can work out what the numbers are like these days. smile.png

Of course! I sent the obligatory "thank you" that I always do. :P

I will definitely keep everyone posted. These threads are what has me figure timres out. I think I have searched so many folks so far and the most I have seen recently is 24 days and least was 14 days. :)

4q5k.jpg

Oh.. I decided to check my case again this morning before leaving for my medical and was surprised to see it was "in transit" now. I was expecting a few more weeks of waiting. All in all I was in AP for 5 days.

Called nvc and my case is still there and as usual there's no updates. I am getting so upset. I see people gwtting thier interview dates and here I am stuck at nvc. I have a set of twins with my fiance and I wish we could just be united already. Its hard here without him

Called state department and rep stated she doesn't see my case under AP and I told her well nvc stated so and rep said that's just a code they use for general proccessing. I dunno about these people

Called state department and rep stated she doesn't see my case under AP and I told her well nvc stated so and rep said that's just a code they use for general proccessing. I dunno about these people

Yes, DOS is who told me the embassy couldn't take my case right now either. LOL! Really, what we are going through is normal. It's just we see only the best results on here. I always have to remind myself that there are thousands of other people filing for visas that do not use this site.

4q5k.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh.. I decided to check my case again this morning before leaving for my medical and was surprised to see it was "in transit" now. I was expecting a few more weeks of waiting. All in all I was in AP for 5 days.

AP at NVC only 5 days? That's super stellar !

Well, I covered it back at post #1. If you get some time, please re-read ? TIA !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.