Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Just checked our case states at USCIS.gov. The same approved petition receipt number I had probably entered 200 times now shows the petition was approved January 9, 2015, not October 16, 2014 as the first receipt showed. I have the original I-797 notice of action in hand and sent a copy to NVC yesterday when they told me there was no record of our petition!

Absolutely pathetic! What are we dealing with here???? The original petition approval said it was sent to NVC! But as apparently not??? Huh???

I'm mad!

Yeah, CSC messed up this Fall. They're issuing new NOA2s for a lot of people who were approved in October and are still waiting for their cases to reach the NVC.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** This thread is specifically for cases stuck in AP AT NVC. If you are waiting for your case to reach NVC/to hear from NVC, please create your own thread *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

me too...hoping this waiting game end.. i thought uscis are the one do the checks but i was wrong.. i want to know when is the longest waiting at nvc stage for k-1 cause 2 months stuck there is already long time.. this is so frustrating..

Stuck at NVC for over 8 weeks? Not fun, I'm sure.

Please give us an update when it finally makes it outa there and over to the Embassy in Manila. Hopefully that's already happened as I see your post is from late November. Please update if you can. Cheers

Timeline

Stuck at NVC for over 8 weeks? Not fun, I'm sure.

Please give us an update when it finally makes it outa there and over to the Embassy in Manila. Hopefully that's already happened as I see your post is from late November. Please update if you can. Cheers

Hello..our case finally reached to embassy on December 5.. Interviewed jan 5 and got my visa the other day :) all I can say is this waiting is all worth it. :) ( Big Smile)

Timeline

Hello..our case finally reached to embassy on December 5.. Interviewed jan 5 and got my visa the other day :) all I can say is this waiting is all worth it. :) ( Big Smile)

My mistakes it was sent dec 5 then reached embassy dec. 9

Hello..our case finally reached to embassy on December 9.. Interviewed jan 5 and got my visa the other day :) all I can say is this waiting is all worth it. :) ( Big Smile)

Congrats, gem! Sounds like, once it finally made it to NVC, they didn't keep it there too long. That's not too bad then, overall. ;)

Her petition didn't finally make it to NVC, it was AT NVC for that long, in AP. There is an entirely different thread for people who are waiting for their cases to get to NVC.

Try here if you are waiting on that.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/526480-noa2-to-nvc-have-you-been-waiting-more-than-a-month/

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Let me get this straight.

When NVC says your in AP it could mean a wait of 1 day or 8 weeks or longer and there is absolutely no way of knowing this. In fact, there's no way of knowing exactly why either, even by FOIA. Is this correct? Talk about a cover up. No transparency here.

This is so nice to know after discovering CSC screwed up and delayed things by 4 months already. Random? Not a chance.

Let me get this straight.

When NVC says your in AP it could mean a wait of 1 day or 8 weeks or longer and there is absolutely no way of knowing this. In fact, there's no way of knowing exactly why either, even by FOIA. Is this correct? Talk about a cover up. No transparency here.

This is so nice to know after discovering CSC screwed up and delayed things by 4 months already. Random? Not a chance.

Sure there is a way of knowing you are in AP. You call them up and ask. Do you understand the reason for AP at all? Additional checks are why. They can do these at any stage, all the way through. They take as long as they take, which is why there is no time frame.

It isn't a cover up. When it first happened to our group, in the first Stuck at NVC thread back in July 2008, there was no info here on VJ. Nobody knew about it, even the consulate in Auckland. They did by the time my interview rolled around.

Transparency? Way would there be any in this part of the journey, there isn't any to be found at any stage.

I do not understand your reference to CSC screwing up, as it relates to this thread. I was told at interview it was random. That they were taking a case out of the queue, here and there, for additional processing. That is what the FOIA request turned up as well.

Are you in AP at NVC?

Sure there is a way of knowing you are in AP. You call them up and ask. Do you understand the reason for AP at all? Additional checks are why. They can do these at any stage, all the way through. They take as long as they take, which is why there is no time frame.

It isn't a cover up. When it first happened to our group, in the first Stuck at NVC thread back in July 2008, there was no info here on VJ. Nobody knew about it, even the consulate in Auckland. They did by the time my interview rolled around.

Transparency? Way would there be any in this part of the journey, there isn't any to be found at any stage.

I do not understand your reference to CSC screwing up, as it relates to this thread. I was told at interview it was random. That they were taking a case out of the queue, here and there, for additional processing. That is what the FOIA request turned up as well.

Are you in AP at NVC?

Yes. So they say. But AP is just a coverall term. They won't even define it when you ask. This thread suggests that everyone is in AP if only for afew minutes. NVC says this too. However, some are held for ADDITIONAL AP and there is no way to know this until after the fact.

Yes. If you haven't heard already. CSC "accidently" archived hundreds of petitions laast fall and it took months to recover them. At least that's what they say.

Both NVC and CIS are inconsistent with explanations so I don't accept anything until the facts arrive.

Don't know where i am -AP or AAP. The phone reps and supervisors say they don't have that info.

I knew that well before we were sent on to our consulate. It isn't that difficult, we rang and asked. This thread does not suggest everyone is in AP either. Following interviews, the status update commonly shows AP, but that tends to be fleeting, unless a high fraud country is involved.

This thread is for people that have been told they are in AP at NVC on a K1. If you search here on VJ, you will find the list of what the additional checks comprise, that's no mystery either.

And having a service center archive petition by mistake, that's happened before, but it hasn't anything to do with THIS thread.

I knew that well before we were sent on to our consulate. It isn't that difficult, we rang and asked. This thread does not suggest everyone is in AP either. Following interviews, the status update commonly shows AP, but that tends to be fleeting, unless a high fraud country is involved.

This thread is for people that have been told they are in AP at NVC on a K1. If you search here on VJ, you will find the list of what the additional checks comprise, that's no mystery either.

And having a service center archive petition by mistake, that's happened before, but it hasn't anything to do with THIS thread.

If you read the first post in this thread, it clearly states that " ..there is ALWAYS administrative processing.."

So yes, the NVC phone reps may say you're in AP for all cases. That is what they told me too.

You probably haven't dealt with them recently so may not be aware of this.

You appear to be attacking my post for no good reason. Why? Do you have reason to defend the NVC?

If you read the first post in this thread, it clearly states that " ..there is ALWAYS administrative processing.."

So yes, the NVC phone reps may say you're in AP for all cases. That is what they told me too.

You probably haven't dealt with them recently so may not be aware of this.

You appear to be attacking my post for no good reason. Why? Do you have reason to defend the NVC?

Most K1's go into NVC, get assigned a case number, and go out the door, in a matter of a few days. They do NOT all get stuck in AP.

I have no reason to defend NVC, they held me up for nearly two months. I have posted in both of these threads, Part 1 and 2 since that time, to assist other people who find themselves in that predicament.

I am not attacking your post for no good reason, I am attempting to keep this thread on track. This thread is to keep track of present day wait times, when posters go in, and when they go out, and to try and answer questions and concerns they may have about THIS part of the process that SOME people are subject to. Not to have a moan about other aspects of the Visa Journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Anyone who persists in trying to derail this thread strongly risks being banned from further participation in it. Please adjust your posting behavior appropriately.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.