Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Do the same three situations apply for an I-130 application? We just got out of USCIS and went into AP at NVC.

Hi. Even i am facing the same situation, USCIS approves my I 130 but stuck at NVC for Adminstrative processing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

im sorry darnell. i found this thread as soon as i clicked post on my concern about the NVC AP thingamajig....

well, i must say i am one of those people on here that are chasing a K1 visa for exactly 1 year and 4 mos now. yeah...go figure....crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

i guess that made some of you here feel really relieved you dont have our lot....

after the elusive NOA2 was given to us by USCIS last sept 17, it took them 5 weeks to send it out to NVC (oct 24 is when NVC gave my fiance the MNL#). Then we thought the worst was over and had my medical done and even paid the visa fee and scheduled an interview at the embassy in anticipation of the file being in transit shortly. Boy were we so wrong...They informed us we were on AP a week after we let them be. I had to cancel the appt and wait on them to ship it out. The frustrating part of it is everyday when we follow it up, all they can say is there is no time frame and to call back. Today, my fiance was infuriated coz the guy he was talking to even laughed at his misery when he told him we have been waiting for more than a year now. Are they allowed to do that?

Anyhow, i sure hope ours will get done soon as we are hoping to get married this year.

Thank you for starting this thread darnell...makes me feel somewhat better that there are people out there in the same spot as we are....

I pray that we all get our files moving pretty soon. luv.gif

im sorry darnell. i found this thread as soon as i clicked post on my concern about the NVC AP thingamajig....

well, i must say i am one of those people on here that are chasing a K1 visa for exactly 1 year and 4 mos now. yeah...go figure....crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

i guess that made some of you here feel really relieved you dont have our lot....

after the elusive NOA2 was given to us by USCIS last sept 17, it took them 5 weeks to send it out to NVC (oct 24 is when NVC gave my fiance the MNL#). Then we thought the worst was over and had my medical done and even paid the visa fee and scheduled an interview at the embassy in anticipation of the file being in transit shortly. Boy were we so wrong...They informed us we were on AP a week after we let them be. I had to cancel the appt and wait on them to ship it out. The frustrating part of it is everyday when we follow it up, all they can say is there is no time frame and to call back. Today, my fiance was infuriated coz the guy he was talking to even laughed at his misery when he told him we have been waiting for more than a year now. Are they allowed to do that?

Anyhow, i sure hope ours will get done soon as we are hoping to get married this year.

Thank you for starting this thread darnell...makes me feel somewhat better that there are people out there in the same spot as we are....

I pray that we all get our files moving pretty soon. luv.gif

Hi JB, sorry to hear you are still going through delays. I'd schedule an interview for mid-December now if you can, if you want to be married by year's end, if they are available (keep checking if not). They should have the casefile by then. You can always reschedule again if not. If you wait, you may not have any available interview slots until early next year once they get it shipped.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Hi there Leon! I am glad to see you and Mylen are finally together:) good for you!

Now the sad part is, i check the embassy sched window and it shows jan 9 being the earliest. i am still hoping for a miracle....they say the window changes. let us see....i had to cry to the embassy call center sup yesterday coz there was a prob with my profile and it wont let me schedule. online. the system shows i have already sched (but i had that cancelled). either he took pity on me coz i broke down or he realized what agony i am going thru when i told him how long we have been waiting on this...either way. i now am able to schedule. i just have to keep an eye for an earlier date. i sure hope someone on here doesnt need to leave just yet and volunteer his slot for me hahahaha i wish!

well, still trying to be strong even if we had to celebrate our birthdays apart again (mine nov 5 and him nov 12)....cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gif

Hi there Leon! I am glad to see you and Mylen are finally together:) good for you!

Now the sad part is, i check the embassy sched window and it shows jan 9 being the earliest. i am still hoping for a miracle....they say the window changes. let us see....i had to cry to the embassy call center sup yesterday coz there was a prob with my profile and it wont let me schedule. online. the system shows i have already sched (but i had that cancelled). either he took pity on me coz i broke down or he realized what agony i am going thru when i told him how long we have been waiting on this...either way. i now am able to schedule. i just have to keep an eye for an earlier date. i sure hope someone on here doesnt need to leave just yet and volunteer his slot for me hahahaha i wish!

well, still trying to be strong even if we had to celebrate our birthdays apart again (mine nov 5 and him nov 12)....cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gif

Wow, happy birthday. My birthday is Nov. 12 as well. :) And she is not here yet, she will be flying out Dec. 24th. And we will get married a few days later.

Anyhow, yes, sounds like you are on top of this. I would keep trying daily. The earliest available dates keep changing, and often they add dates that are sooner - due to people canceling, or updated consulate schedules, etc. Keep your head up.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

wow! thats why you are equally as nice:) Go Scorpios:)

Well, have fun and have a white xmas with Mylen:)

I will be rooting for an earlier date. wish me luck my friend:)

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

wow! thats why you are equally as nice:) Go Scorpios:)

Well, have fun and have a white xmas with Mylen:)

I will be rooting for an earlier date. wish me luck my friend:)

So, from studying yer timeline, yer AP wait time at NVC was minimal.

NVC Received : 2013-10-24

NVC Left : 2013-11-15

So, that was 3 weeks in/out - IMO that's normal, not even 'AP-ish' or 'AP-like', much less AP .

Congrats on the approval !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

It's AP alright. Times have come down from the 6-8 weeks it used to be for sure, gradually now to about three. But it is AP.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Been stuck in AP for almost 2 weeks now :( thought the nightmare was over when we got approved!

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

RFE REPLY - SEPTEMBER 11th

NOA2 - DECEMBER 20th 'approved'

NVC RECEIVED - JANUARY 9th

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

EMBASSY RECEIVED - FEBRUARY 7th

DS-160 and NOAR - FEBRUARY 7th

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

INTERVIEW - MARCH 10th 'approved'

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

VISA IN HAND - MARCH 17th

P.O.E (LAS VEGAS) - MARCH 18th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

I know what you mean. We were happy to get an approval in good order, a few years ago, but then got stuck there. NVC 2008-11-21 until 2009-01-10.

Times have come down, way down, but I agree, it is maddening.

Keep calling them and I hope they spring you soonest rose.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Nvc in AP how long is this going to take? Everything I've read said it doesn't stay st the NVC long, our's been there since January 17, 2014.. WTH??

Became Facebook Friends ♡September 2012♡

Met face to face

February 9, 2013, Joburg S.A. May 6, 2013

♥♥♥ENGAGED MAY 9, 2013♥♥♥

August 24, 2013 w/ my son ♡ October 27, 2013

January 13-18 2014 visit to S.A. for my honey's birthday ♥♥

★ OUR JOURNEY ★

November 21, 2013 overnight mailed I-129F.

November 22, 2013 arrives at Texas lockbox

November 27, 2013 via e-mail receipt, petition accepted, SRC# issued @ TSC

November 29, 2013 email notice (A) number changed, *Initial Review* stage

December 2, 2013 hard copy received.

January 7, 2014 Text and email

***Petition APPROVED***

January 9, 2014 email and text petition sent to State Department◆

January 11, 2014 Hard copy of

NOA2 received. Vaild from January 7- May 16, 2014

January 17, 2014 NVC received Petition case number JHN2014####

February 12, 2014 petition leaves NVC, and dreadful AP

February 14, 2014 ♥♥ petition arrives in Johannesburg, S.A.

February 20, 2014 email on packet 3 instructions

KTich♥

It is taking about 3 weeks or so these days. As you've been there 2 weeks already, it should not be too much longer. It's better now than it was a few years ago.

Edited by cdneh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It is taking about 3 weeks or so these days. As you've been there 2 weeks already, it should not be too much longer. It's better now than it was a few years ago.

Nvc in AP how long is this going to take? Everything I've read said it doesn't stay st the NVC long, our's been there since January 17, 2014.. WTH??

We have now entered our 4th week of waiting. Given up on calling now as just get told different things and they refuse to let me talk to a supervisor. I have seen my fiancée for a total of 4 weeks in 11 months and counting :(

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

RFE REPLY - SEPTEMBER 11th

NOA2 - DECEMBER 20th 'approved'

NVC RECEIVED - JANUARY 9th

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

EMBASSY RECEIVED - FEBRUARY 7th

DS-160 and NOAR - FEBRUARY 7th

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

INTERVIEW - MARCH 10th 'approved'

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

VISA IN HAND - MARCH 17th

P.O.E (LAS VEGAS) - MARCH 18th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

We have now entered our 4th week of waiting. Given up on calling now as just get told different things and they refuse to let me talk to a supervisor. I have seen my fiancée for a total of 4 weeks in 11 months and counting sad.png

We were there for nearly 8 weeks, but that was back when they first started this with K1's. You really ought to be underway again soon. I know it really stinks, we were apart for 18 months waiting, so that delay really was maddening.

We didn't have trouble being put through to tier 2, my now husband just kept repeating..."if you are unable to answer my question, I am requesting you escalate this call to a supervisor" Not that they were able to tell us anything either. No explanation, no time frame, just more waiting. I was told at interview it was random, and the FOIA request we filed showed that as well, which actually made me angrier. Random. Everything on hold on account of a whim.

I hope they shake you loose soonest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.