Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We were there for nearly 8 weeks, but that was back when they first started this with K1's. You really ought to be underway again soon. I know it really stinks, we were apart for 18 months waiting, so that delay really was maddening.

We didn't have trouble being put through to tier 2, my now husband just kept repeating..."if you are unable to answer my question, I am requesting you escalate this call to a supervisor" Not that they were able to tell us anything either. No explanation, no time frame, just more waiting. I was told at interview it was random, and the FOIA request we filed showed that as well, which actually made me angrier. Random. Everything on hold on account of a whim.

I hope they shake you loose soonest.

Case finally left the NVC today and is in transit :) :) :)

NOA1 - APRIL 19th

RFE - SEPTEMBER 3rd

RFE REPLY - SEPTEMBER 11th

NOA2 - DECEMBER 20th 'approved'

NVC RECEIVED - JANUARY 9th

MEDICAL - JANUARY 24th

NVC LEFT - FEBRUARY 3rd

EMBASSY RECEIVED - FEBRUARY 7th

DS-160 and NOAR - FEBRUARY 7th

PACKET 4 - FEBRUARY 25th

INTERVIEW - MARCH 10th 'approved'

VISA ISSUED - MARCH 12th

VISA IN HAND - MARCH 17th

P.O.E (LAS VEGAS) - MARCH 18th

uk_usa_flag-full.jpg

Case finally left the NVC today and is in transit smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Congratulations! Thought it must be soon :)dancin5hr.gif

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Finally out of AP!! My second best Valentine's day EVER!!!

Praise GOD!!!

Became Facebook Friends ♡September 2012♡

Met face to face

February 9, 2013, Joburg S.A. May 6, 2013

♥♥♥ENGAGED MAY 9, 2013♥♥♥

August 24, 2013 w/ my son ♡ October 27, 2013

January 13-18 2014 visit to S.A. for my honey's birthday ♥♥

★ OUR JOURNEY ★

November 21, 2013 overnight mailed I-129F.

November 22, 2013 arrives at Texas lockbox

November 27, 2013 via e-mail receipt, petition accepted, SRC# issued @ TSC

November 29, 2013 email notice (A) number changed, *Initial Review* stage

December 2, 2013 hard copy received.

January 7, 2014 Text and email

***Petition APPROVED***

January 9, 2014 email and text petition sent to State Department◆

January 11, 2014 Hard copy of

NOA2 received. Vaild from January 7- May 16, 2014

January 17, 2014 NVC received Petition case number JHN2014####

February 12, 2014 petition leaves NVC, and dreadful AP

February 14, 2014 ♥♥ petition arrives in Johannesburg, S.A.

February 20, 2014 email on packet 3 instructions

KTich♥

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I appear to be an unfortunate member of this club. My CEAC status says "at NVC", but a call confirmed I'm stuck in the dreaded AP.

I'm hoping that this is just the scanner backlog, and it'll be free within the next week. Embassy interview is the 26th, they need to do it soon!

What a rollercoaster ride this whole process is. The highest of highs, the lowest of lows.

It sure is. But take heart, it usually doesn't hold you up terribly long. Hoping it's soonest!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And, here we are, 8 days later, and I'm still stuck at the NVC. The average 4.29 day process enters day 15. So, I have 1 week in which they can release my case and I won't have to reschedule my interview.

Frustrated doesn't come close to expressing my feelings on this issue.

IN TRANSIT! It took 19 days, but finally my case is free!

That's great! Congratulations dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,, I'm new in this thread & i just wanna ask u guys. How long does it take for the NVC to receive our case. USCIS shifted our case last April 18,, I'm just wondering how long will our papers be in NVC... Also about the AP I've only heard of it now,, made me confused too. Thanx for those who will answer. God bless us all.

Hello everyone,, I'm new in this thread & i just wanna ask u guys. How long does it take for the NVC to receive our case. USCIS shifted our case last April 18,, I'm just wondering how long will our papers be in NVC... Also about the AP I've only heard of it now,, made me confused too. Thanx for those who will answer. God bless us all.

AOS sent - August 29, 2014

AOS Received - Sept 2, 2014

NOA 1 - Sept 04, 2014

Biometrics - Sept 24, 2014

AED/AP Production - November 12, 2014

Combo Card Received - November 20, 2014

AOS Ready for Interview - November 14, 2014

Case Update (for Interview) - December 3, 2014

Interview Date - January 6, 2015

Approved: January 6, 2015

New Card Production - January 6, 2015

Registered New Resident Status & Mailed Welcome Notice- January 7, 2015

New Card Mailed to My address- January 12, 2015

Green Card Received- January 15, 2015

Do you know if USCIS have your case yet? You can call them and ask. If it's been there for a while, you can also ask if you are in AP. If you are, it is taking about 3 weeks, lately.

Do you know if USCIS have your case yet? You can call them and ask. If it's been there for a while, you can also ask if you are in AP. If you are, it is taking about 3 weeks, lately.

I already called them last week & the representative said they still didn't receive our papers & will take 5-6 months before they will have it :-(

NOA 1 - Sept 04, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I already called them last week & the representative said they still didn't receive our papers & will take 5-6 months before they will have it :-(

I'm a bit confused. Your timeline says the NVC received your case on April 18th, 2014. You can call them to get your case #, and to see if your case is already in transit or has been received by your country's US Embassy.

Also, it shouldn't take 5-6 months for the NVC to get your case from the USCIS once the NOA2 has been issued (again, your timeline says you've already been approved). It can take 5-6 months for a case at USCIS to be approved, though...it looks like you've already passed that phase......

2/3/14 I-129F Mailed

6/16/14 Embassy Interview--Approved!!!!

7/11/14 Marriage :)

7/25/14 AOS + Work Authorization Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

7/31/14 NOA1--Electronic Notification

8/26/14 Biometrics Appointment--Indianapolis

9/18/14 EAD approved--Electronic Notification

2/15/15 Notice of Interview Waiver (and Case Delay due to heavy processing load)

5/5/15 RFE (Requested another certified copy of marriage license)

5/14/15 Submitted Materials for RFE

5/28/15 Greencard Approved/In Production!!!!!

My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you. - Keats

What USCIS-es you only makes you stronger.....

I'm a bit confused. Your timeline says the NVC received your case on April 18th, 2014. You can call them to get your case #, and to see if your case is already in transit or has been received by your country's US Embassy.

Also, it shouldn't take 5-6 months for the NVC to get your case from the USCIS once the NOA2 has been issued (again, your timeline says you've already been approved). It can take 5-6 months for a case at USCIS to be approved, though...it looks like you've already passed that phase......

oh sorry paddongton my mistake, (NVC says 5-6 weeks before we'll have our case #), but Praise God we got it yesterday. Now be waiting for them to send it to Manila Embassy..

NOA 1 - Sept 04, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

How am I supposed to find out if the nvc received our case? Simply by calling them? The lady asks for a case nr... Do I give her the number that we got assigned with our very first notice of action?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.