Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Unfortunately joining this thread. Called this morning and the woman said we needed additional processing. Received our case number October 16th and had to change Tichi's address there. I really wish I didn't change the address because now I feel that is why we are still there. Another July filing German couple got their case number the same day and their file is already at the consulate. I am highly perturbed at the lack of efficiency these agencies seem to have and how random it is. :(

4q5k.jpg

Omg I want to cry. I called nvc today and I was told by this rude rep that my papers r in ap. I asked to speak to a sup becuz she seemed bother by me asking questions and the supervisor confirned my case is in AP. I am soooooo worried now.

Omg I want to cry. I called nvc today and I was told by this rude rep that my papers r in ap. I asked to speak to a sup becuz she seemed bother by me asking questions and the supervisor confirned my case is in AP. I am soooooo worried now.

By the looks of things on VJ it appears to only last at longest 3 weeks. We have been there one week, so only two more to go. Since they have my email I am just going to wait till Friday to see if I get something.

I know it sucks because we are so close but keep your head up! It will happen soon.

4q5k.jpg

Wow 3 weeks. I wonder do all k1 go thru this

No they don't. The average in the flowcharts used to be 1-4 weeks at this stage. I have talked to several others on different forums and they say 1-3 weeks. I guess it takes some to get theirs sooner and some later to create this average.

I talked to DOS and he explained that the NVC double checks the cases and assigns a case number. Once entered into the system they wait on the embassy. If the embassy does not have any current interview dates open the NVC holds the case until they do. He said our case has made it thorugh the double check phase but they are waiting on the German embassy to have a date open.

4q5k.jpg

Wow 3 weeks. I wonder do all k1 go thru this

No, they don't. They only started doing this a few years back for K1's, and we were stuck there for nearly 8 weeks waiting. No one, including the consulate in AKL knew what was happening, and there were no threads on VJ about it either.

I keep an eye on it, and I've noticed times are coming down to a few weeks or less now. I was told at interview that it was random. The FOIA request proved that to be true.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

I had been in AP at NVC since Friday October 4.so far it's been 16 days and counting......

Congrats on finally leaving NVC!!!!

4q5k.jpg

This is a continuation of http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/

So, if'n you're pursuing a K-1 visa and you're stuck at NVC for AP - post here.

Why AP at NVC for a K-1, you ask?

There's always AP (administrative processing) at NVC for a K-1 visa - it consists of:

--additional background checks

--NVC scanning the casefile into the SAFEFILE system

--NVC issuing a Consular Casefile Number

sometimes one or more of these things gets lagged due to QUEUE and SIZE OF QUEUE.

When things get lagged, and you call in and ask for casefile status, this is always the answer - administrative processing. It's not a bad thing - but when you learn of it - is solid indication that the queue is lagged.

So, post your stuff here.

Darnell,

Have you experienced many folks that have been told the reason that I was told yesterday, about the Frankfurt Germany Consulate not having any current interview dates available and that is why our case has not shipped yet?

They said our case made it thorugh all the double checks and assigning a case number but that is why it's still sitting there. I don't understand why they can't just ship it and let the consulate handle it. Oh well, not for me to understand as most of the NVC operators don't understand.

4q5k.jpg

I hope my case leaves nvc

It will. At about three weeks, I'd think you must be getting close. Hoping it's speedy :)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Bleh, joining this thread. NVC received my files Oct. 24, gave me my case number. Saw it was still "At NVC" so I called today and was told we were under AP and the usual "don't know how long it will take"... Oh well, got some awesome patience practice from CSC anyway.

Bleh, joining this thread. NVC received my files Oct. 24, gave me my case number. Saw it was still "At NVC" so I called today and was told we were under AP and the usual "don't know how long it will take"... Oh well, got some awesome patience practice from CSC anyway.

Did you by any chance change an address or anything else with them when you received your case number?

4q5k.jpg

Did you by any chance change an address or anything else with them when you received your case number?

Nope

Nope

Ok, that knocks that idea out of the window. We changed addresses and I thought maybe this was the reason but I fear it is totally random. Similar to security checks on airplanes. :P

4q5k.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.