Timeline

i file for my husband and since he come he been abuse me and my children

yesterday he stab me on my hand with a pen and pull a knife on me

I want to cancel the green card how can I do that

please give me some advice

thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Off Topic to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum

**Organizer hat off**

First of all, call the police and have him arrested if you haven't already done so. Secondly, regarding his green card, all you can do is report the incidents to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE will have to take it from there. Finally, file for divorce.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

it says you filed for CR1, meaning he already got his green card approved.. more than likely there is nothing you can do now but have him arrested and get an EPO

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You and your childrens safety comes first, get away from him and get to a safe place. Contact law enforcement and then get a lawyer and file for divorce. Forget about the green card right now, you have bigger worries than getting revenge.

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Filed: Timeline

Is nothing U can do about GC, its signed sealed & delivered,

however if he abuses U or the kids call the police, make reports

so this can be documented, as a mother U ought to protect your kids,

if hit take pictures of bruises,get a sml tape recorder for the home,

but get him out before things escalate causing U or your kids lives,

once he is arrested you can call ICE & report him as a criminal alien,

if he's charged with felony , they'll gladly relieve him of GC so

make that the least of your prob focus on U & kids safety.

Not to be judgmental just an observation: I think the OP is the foreign one (from her English). But maybe not. Anyway, the question is OP: do you want to go back home (if you are the foreign one)? Because then just pack up and fly back home with your kids. If it is your husband, just divorce and leave....good luck!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not to be judgmental just an observation: I think the OP is the foreign one (from her English). But maybe not. Anyway, the question is OP: do you want to go back home (if you are the foreign one)? Because then just pack up and fly back home with your kids. If it is your husband, just divorce and leave....good luck!

FYI..... Jamaica is an English Speaking Country..... so someone from Jamaica would be speaking English.......... and no the poster is the USC....

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Parts of the answers above are correct and parts are incomplete.

You do need to get away from him for future safety, whether that means you leaving or him leaving and you do need to contact the police and have him arrested and charged with domestic violence against you. You should seek the protective order as well

But thats not it. You must go through with the charges. (Basically he would be arrested and there would be a hearing at a local court and you would have to show up and they would ask you if you still wish to pursue them or if you are going to drop them, you must go forward and not change your story and 'let him off the hook' as so many women do.) He would have to be found guilty of DV charges in order to have his status placed in jeopardy later on in immigration court.

There are certain criminal charges that can place your immigration status in jeopardy of being revoked if you are convicted/found guilty of while being a GC holder. They include felony charges and DV charges. ICE ill typically know when you are convicted of a felony but they do not usually know when you are convicted of a DV charge at a local court because they do not monitor local courts as there are too many local courts in the US to monitor and they dont have a system set up for it.

So if he is convicted of DV by the local court he will be sentenced and punished by the local court (whatever slap on the wrist that may be) then you must contact ICE yourself and report the conviction. Dont expect immediate action. He will get a notice to appear in immigration court at some point (months later) where they will review his conviction and determine if he is still eligible to keep his GC or not.

So this is going to be a slow process, its not just canceling the greencard. But all you need to do to remove him from your present life is very very simple. You pick up the phone and call the police and report the incident and have him removed from the home. Bam. Thats it. He is gone. The restraining order is in place and you never hear from him again.

Sure the rest of the process will take a while to work itself out and youll have to file for divorce, but it will come eventually. The important part is he will be gone and you wont have to presently deal with him.

CLEARLY OP says (in English) I file for my husband, she may have not said "I filed" as in past tense

but it's English....unless one does not read or understands English well.....The person who files is the

petitioner sad.png

Going home. advise...duh... I think her home is right here

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband take a knife and cut of the pant I have on and also push in my face so I call the police and they arrested him.

I want deported what can I do he been in the country for 3 month know/

he is very angry person and if I don't put a stop to this he going kill someone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If he's convicted he may be deported, I'm not sure how that works with someone married yet not a Citizen yet? (Maybe someone else knows the legal aspect)

I'd get a no contact order from the court and that should keep him away from you for the time being. Usually they put in a temporary no contact order at the time of arrest.

Good luck...

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband take a knife and cut of the pant I have on and also push in my face so I call the police and they arrested him.

I want deported what can I do he been in the country for 3 month know/

he is very angry person and if I don't put a stop to this he going kill someone.

You need to advise ICE (there's a phone number at the bottom of the page) that he is in jail for abuse/assault. After that it's up to them. Also tell the police they need to contact immigration/ICE. They may not.

After that it's out of your hands. He may be deported, he may not. Unless he is you are still on the hook for the I-864. I suggest you also take out a restraining order/order of protection.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.