lufthgiled

cannot produce photo for RFE, WHAT TO DO?? PLEASE HELP! NEEDED ASAP!

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone here? Encountered this kind of situation?

Hi we got RFE last June 20 and got the hardcopy today. It says we have to submit photos from certain year January 2010 to January 2012. But the problem is WE DON'T HAVE! My fiance went here in the Philippines for 3weeks vacation last OCT.2009 and then he flew back to US. We just chat, talk, sending emails since then.

Please advice us in a most possible and positive way to avoid denial of the petition. We are so worried to death and stress strike back again after my concern in k2.

Please help us to solve this please!? :crying:

Edited by lufthgiled

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you met the requirement of meeting within the last 2 years? Meaning, did he come back to PI after 2009?

If not, then you will be denied

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Anyone here? Encountered this kind of situation?

Hi we got RFE last June 20 and got the hardcopy today. It says we have to submit photos from certain year January 2010 to January 2012. But the problem is WE DON'T HAVE! My fiance went here in the Philippines for 3weeks vacation last OCT.2009 and then he flew back to US. We just chat, talk, sending emails since then.

Please advice us in a most possible and positive way to avoid denial of the petition. We are so worried to death and stress strike back again after my concern in k2.

Please help us to solve this please!? :crying:

The key requirement for the petition is providing proof that you've met within two years of filing the petition. If the last visit was in 2009, then that's outside the timeframe. Unfortunately, because you can't produce that proof, the best option would be for your fiancé to withdraw his petition, plan on visiting you (or you visiting him), and then refiling once you have definite proof of meeting within the two year timeframe.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you have not seen him in person since 2009 the petition will be denied. One of the provisions of an 129f/ k 1 visa is that you must have seen each other in person within the last 2 years, there is no getting around it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Uscis doesn't take into account video chatting when it comes to seeing each other. If you have not seen each other within the 2 years prior applying, you will most likely be denied unless you can provide documention proving that you REALLY couldn't meet each other because it was an extreme hardship or meeting each other would violate some customs. I actually got denied because they didn't accept the evidence I submitted to establish why I couldn't comply but I wish you good luck.

Edited by Bobbie12

USCIS K-1 (I-129F) petition filled - 1st attempt

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=109857

USCIS K-1 (I-129F) petition filled - 2nd attempt

I-129F sent to Dallas, TX lockbox: 02/08/12

Service center: Vermont

NOA1: 02/13/12

NOA2: 07/30/12

Received at NVC: 08/06/12

Sent by NVC: 08/09/12

Received at Consulate in Haiti: 08/13/12

Packet 3 received: 08/22/12

Medical done: 10/10/12

Packet 3 sent: 10/18/12

Packet 4 received: 10/31/13

Interview: 12/03/12 (Result: ********)

POE date: **/**/12

y5goes4jm.png

Timeline

I am so sad :(

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Timeline

Why hasn't he been back for over three years?

I'm sorry that you're sad. But it's a shame that your fiance didn't read the rules. If so, he could have made a trip there, even for a week, before filing. Now maybe your only option is to withdraw the petition and start over, AFTER he comes to visit you. And make sure you document it well, boarding passes, photos, etc.

If you've already been away from him for three years, you might have to wait some more, but have faith. If it's real love, you can survive a bit longer to be together.

But no way around it, he needs to return to the Philippines.

Timeline

what's the best way

1. withdraw the petition

or

2. try to make a waiver

If we withdraw or if they will deny us is there a time limit when should we file again? (assuming we complete all the req docu including the 2yrs met)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Don't file a waiver- it is costly, takes time and you will be denied. Withdraw the petition, have him fly to meet you, file again the next day.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

if we withdraw it how? what do we have to submit in withdrawing the petition?

and if we refile again does the waiting period for noa2 will be 5mos again?

if we withdraw it how? what do we have to submit in withdrawing the petition?

and if we refile again does the waiting period for noa2 will be 5mos again?

Your fiancé would need to contact USCIS with the case number (found on the NOA1 document) and ask them to withdraw the petition. He should do this via phone and following up with a formal letter.

When you refile, you're starting back at step 1, so the usual petition timeframe would apply.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry for your situation, but this is clearly explained in the I129F instructions. You never qualified for your I129F

If you refile, you begin from step 1 again.

Have your fiance contact USCIS, or you can ignore the RFE and USCIS will deny the petition

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

someone told me to ask my fiance to call uscis and direct to tier2 (person inside the uscis not the csr)

and tell everything or ask and inquire what should we do if continue or to withdraw.

another question is: if we let this denied and plan to re-file again, the re-file petition will not meet problems bcoz of past k1 filing denied?

and I also read some attorney offer help for waivers does this will help?

just wanna know..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.