Indykittykeilah

What do you do if they lose your paperwork after approval?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I wasn't sure if this was covered, but I need to vent (or cry) and need some help from veterans of this process if anyone has had this happen to them. I got my NOA2 saying my I-129 F was approved, dated May 11, 2012. So, I am trying to be patient and working on critical work deadlines and trusting the process but finally I cannot take the suspense of waiting any longer so I sent an email to the NVC and they have no record of my file. So, I am hoping that perhaps they just mailed it on to Amsterdam for review so I contact them, and they have not received it either. :oops: It has been over a month and now I am concerned that the files may have been lost and I cannot tell you how depressed that makes me other than to say I just feel like curling up in a ball and crying. :crying::(

Has anyone had this experience? I sent my I-134 and everything to support the I-129 F to my fiance' in anticipation of his receiving packet 3 - so we could proceed as fast a possible. My last visit was at Christmas and New Year and we aren't wealthy so we were waiting to move forward since that made better economical sense and the price of airfare has skyrocketed so a visit didn't seem a good idea if we are going to need the funds for moving expenses.

Now, I don't know what to do other than wait for a response from the NVC who stated they would follow up by contacting USCIS. I hate being stymied though. Waiting is hard enough as it is, without the added emotional burden of this. :unsure::cry2:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I wasn't sure if this was covered, but I need to vent (or cry) and need some help from veterans of this process if anyone has had this happen to them. I got my NOA2 saying my I-129 F was approved, dated May 11, 2012. So, I am trying to be patient and working on critical work deadlines and trusting the process but finally I cannot take the suspense of waiting any longer so I sent an email to the NVC and they have no record of my file. So, I am hoping that perhaps they just mailed it on to Amsterdam for review so I contact them, and they have not received it either. :oops: It has been over a month and now I am concerned that the files may have been lost and I cannot tell you how depressed that makes me other than to say I just feel like curling up in a ball and crying. :crying::(

Has anyone had this experience? I sent my I-134 and everything to support the I-129 F to my fiance' in anticipation of his receiving packet 3 - so we could proceed as fast a possible. My last visit was at Christmas and New Year and we aren't wealthy so we were waiting to move forward since that made better economical sense and the price of airfare has skyrocketed so a visit didn't seem a good idea if we are going to need the funds for moving expenses.

Now, I don't know what to do other than wait for a response from the NVC who stated they would follow up by contacting USCIS. I hate being stymied though. Waiting is hard enough as it is, without the added emotional burden of this. :unsure::cry2:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Call USCIS and speak to a 2nd tier representative, see if they can tell you if the file has been sent. Keep calling the NVC Info line, you can call daily, I called about every other day and when they receive the file, it will be in the system as received but then it takes time to get it entered.

I filed for a I-130 so don't know if the process is different, but I found that the NVC operators are way more helpful than anyone at USCIS.

Did your approval letter from USCIS state it was being forwarded to NVC?

Good luck!

Filed: Timeline

Hi, my fiance's petition for me is on the same situation. It was approved last May 14 but our case is still not in the system of NVC after a month. They told us that they haven't received it yet. It's really depressing for me also until I read about the posts of other members that the Petitions approve on May 14 were still at the NVC until first week of June.

That posts gave me a bunch of hope.:)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/345222-i-129f-december-filers/page__st__510

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/345222-i-129f-december-filers/page__st__525

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

hello. my friend just has the same situation. around the same time she received her noa2 like you did and now its somehow lost.her fiance calls the uscsi and nvc everyday and gives them pressure. but of course both sides say the other one has it.

did you called the nvc??? sometimes they have it but its laying around there and doesnt have a case number yet. that what happened to my friend.so they told her to wait like i think 15days .

just keep calling them and keep asking about it, maybe that helps..

i hope you getting soon ur packet 3 :) and that it all works out fast for you :)

Visa Journey:

K1:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: 10-13-2010

I-129F NOA1: 10-18-2010

I-129F NOA2: 04-05-2011

Consulate Received: 04-15-2011

Packet 3 Received: 04-29-2011

Packet 3 Sent: 04-30-2011

Packet 4 Received: 05-07-2011

Interview Date: 06-07-2011

Interview Result: Visa was on hold

Second Interview: Approved

Visa Received: 01-20-2012

ENTRY: 02-12-2012

Married: 03-26-2012

AOS 04-19-2012

Email notification 04-26-2012

NOA1 send : 04-24-2012

Biometric send: 04-27-2012

Biometric appt: 05-18-2012

AOS transfer to CSC: 05-24-2012

EAD/AD approved&send: 06-22-2012

EAD/AD arrived: 06-28-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

It's NOT lost. You might want to PM Wildsy97, from what I remember their file was slow in transiting as well. There is probably a backlog, which still sucks, but it is not lost. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

According to other recent post here on VJ, A block of Cali petitions (mid may) was sent to NRC National Records Center by accident (instead of NVC). Cali USCIS has requested them back for re-review. One poster claimed he got second NOA2 date, so it looks like they must re-approve your petition. Check your case status and see if you have new NOA2 date.

Timeline

You heard anything yet?

I'm so sorry to hear this, especially since you're waiting to see you beloved since last Christmas : o(

We're here together and we'll pray for your case as well!

02-25-2011: First Met

07-21-2011: Started Dating

01-01-2012: Engaged

02-15-2012: I-129F Sent

02-21-2012: NOA1

02-23-2012: NOA1 Hardcopy

08-31-2012: AFTER 193 DAYS APPROVED!!

09-07-2012: NOA2 Hardcopy

09-10-2012: NVC assigned AMS Case number

09-18-2012: Consulate received case

09-20-2012: Packet 3 received

09-21-2012: Packet 3 sent

09-27-2012: Packet 4 received

10-11-2012: Medical

10-23-2012: interview

10-30-2012: POE

10-31-2012: City Hall wedding

11-10-2012: WEDDING!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Someone at the CSC screwed up during mid May and must have sent a huge batch of approved petitions over to the NRC (National Records Center) which is a storage facility for inactive cases. There have been plenty of members here with NOA2 dates from CSC during lat April to mid-May who have not yet had their cases received at the NVC.

Check out these threads in the National Visa Center forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/368602-getting-nvc-case-number/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/372623-are-you-sure-the-nvc-is-to-blame/

Your petition is NOT lost. It might have been sent to the wrong National <fill in> Center.

Edited by jaejayC

Timeline

Thanks so much. I did hear just two days ago from USCIS ombudsman liaison that my file was sent to NVC about a week and a half ago - which makes me happy and sad - happy they have it but sad they misrouted or let it sit for three weeks. They said it takes time for NVC to get it into their system. Again, I'm wondering why it takes so long especially with modern technology. Likely understaffing if it is anything like state government with which I am well acquainted. Now I have to wait for NVC to assign a case number and contact us. Sigh.... waiting is so tough. But then, I daresay most of you already know this as we are all in or have been in the same type of situation. Special thanks for the prayers Michel and Kim! :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/373748-finally-after-48-days-nvc/page__p__5462188__fromsearch__1#entry5462188

it is not lost NVC is just really taking too long to release/give/work on case #.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ours was approved May 17. I called yesterday and they just received and assigned a case number. BUT I did have to get our congresswoman involved. I also called USCIS, asked to speak to an officer, was on hold for an hour and 15 minutes and then finally got someone. He said he'd put in a "service request." I'm not sure if these two things helped them find our case or if it just happened. But good luck guys! Our was sitting somewhere for almost a month and a half. I was calling and emailing everyday. The frustration is so unneeded. They really need to figure their stuff out. I have a blog going about our horrible experience, if you want to check it out - www.bringmydaddyhome.blogspot.com.

Candance

Candance Mc Guinnness

www.bringmydaddyhome.blogspot.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.