Ctg125

Finally after 48 days NVC #

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

After my notice date of may 2 2012 I finally get my case number for bogota.

Let me tell you what a relief it took 47 days to get from Uscis to NVC don't ask me why but that's what it took and right about now I'm soooo happy to keep the process moving that all this wait now is well worth it.

To all those people on the wait just keep your faith don't lose track of what got you here in the first place which is that person you love.

Thanks to all of you that kept my spirits high thanks you will keep everyone posted on the rest of my journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let me tell you what a relief it took 47 days to get from Uscis to NVC don't ask me why but that's what it took and right about now I'm soooo happy to keep the process moving that all this wait now is well worth it.

To all those people on the wait just keep your faith don't lose track of what got you here in the first place which is that person you love.

Thanks to all of you that kept my spirits high thanks you will keep everyone posted on the rest of my journey.

congratulations :):dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm sorry to hear it took so long Ctg125, I'm filing for my Colombian wife.

Our NOA2 was on May 3. It arrived to NVC on May 14 from CSC and then the case number was finally generated on May 30.

I have completed all the NVC steps just waiting for them to accept the IV packet then it should be interview time!!

Good luck!

Congratulations.. I am still waiting for our case number, hoping that it will arrive within this week.. Wew. It's hard to wait but we have no other choice..

event.png

USCIS Processing- CSC (178 days)
11/23/2011 - I129F filed
11/25/2011 - NOA1
11/30/2011 - TOUCHED

04/25/2012 - 5 months of waiting. Fiance called USCIS to ask for an update. They told us to wait for a few more days.

04/27/2012 - RFE email notification :(
05/03/2012 - RFE hardcopy received. They are asking for circumstances of meeting and proof of meeting within 2 years.
05/04/2012 - RFE reply sent
05/11/2012 - RFE reply received by CSC
05/21/2012 - NOA2 text and email notification :)
05/24/2012 - NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC Processing
06/25/2012 - I called NVC and got our case number. Visa Fee paid as well.
06/28/2012 - I129F was forwarded to USEM. Interview scheduled.

MANILA
07/05/2012 - Consulate received petition
07/05/2012 to 07/06/2012 - MEDICAL (PASSED)
07/18/2012 - INTERVIEW (Result: 221G for current sustained income)
07/25/2012 - sent the documents (income letter, paychecks, pay stubs, letter of employment) via 2Go Courier
07/27/2012 - Consulate received documents
07/30/2012 - Documents under review by Consular Officer
09/07/2012 - VISA ISSUED.. Finally! :)
09/12/2012 - Visa on hand
09/24/2012 - CFO Seminar.. Got the certificate and sticker!

10/10/2012 - departure
10/11/2012 - arrival in United States

10/12/2012 - applied for a marriage license; scheduled marriage as well
10/22/2012 - MARRIAGE
10/25/2012 - applied for SSN card
10/30/2012 - received SSN card via mail

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear it took so long Ctg125, I'm filing for my Colombian wife.

Our NOA2 was on May 3. It arrived to NVC on May 14 from CSC and then the case number was finally generated on May 30.

I have completed all the NVC steps just waiting for them to accept the IV packet then it should be interview time!!

Good luck!

JUST GOT MY INTERVIEW DATE YESTERDAY IT'S FOR JULY 23 in bogota. Paid for the visa on their website. $250 all she needs to pay now is for her medical appt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

congrats, and thank you for sharing that, I was looking for that answer, and how long from nvc to interview?

an1cMdGRGn-0300MDAwMTA1NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8U2luY2UgTk9BMQ.gif"]http://an1cMdGRGn-0300MDAwMTA1NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8U2luY2UgTk9BMQ.gif[/url]

JUST GOT MY INTERVIEW DATE YESTERDAY IT'S FOR JULY 23 in bogota. Paid for the visa on their website. $250 all she needs to pay now is for her medical appt.

Congratulations Ctg125!!

I had forgetten that a K-1 visa processes differently than an IR/CR-1 petition at NVC.

We have 2 fees to pay plus mail in 2 packets (Affidavit of Support and IV packet) to NVC.

Our case was just completed at NVC yesterday (June 19) so now it's in a queue for an interview date.

They told me something about July reaching their capacity in Bogota which I hope is not true.....

NVC said an e-mail will be sent with the interview details when our date is chosen but as I learned on VJ, I will call daily to find out quicker :)

Timeline

Congratulations Ctg125!!

I had forgetten that a K-1 visa processes differently than an IR/CR-1 petition at NVC.

We have 2 fees to pay plus mail in 2 packets (Affidavit of Support and IV packet) to NVC.

Our case was just completed at NVC yesterday (June 19) so now it's in a queue for an interview date.

They told me something about July reaching their capacity in Bogota which I hope is not true.....

NVC said an e-mail will be sent with the interview details when our date is chosen but as I learned on VJ, I will call daily to find out quicker :)

Yes it's different but at the end same result. I just have to wait now for the interview have her take her medical and pictures. E FedEx her the papers all filled out from here and that's it just wait for July 23 and hope everything goes well.

Also I hope that you get yours fast as well so we can both continue on with our love ones.

Good luck and god bless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
:blink: <---- yes thats the face I made when I read this post....its taking so FREAKING long. I have been calling everyday for the past week thinking I should get mine any day now. I guess I can spend that 15min work break on an actuall BREAK for a few days.

Timeline

:blink: <---- yes thats the face I made when I read this post....its taking so FREAKING long. I have been calling everyday for the past week thinking I should get mine any day now. I guess I can spend that 15min work break on an actuall BREAK for a few days.

I CALLED FOR 35 days everyday that's commitment for you. Lol

Well it's all worth it. Hang in there it'll come to you soon. And you know what it you want to call everyday do it. That's what u want do it won't hurt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I CALLED FOR 35 days everyday that's commitment for you. Lol

Well it's all worth it. Hang in there it'll come to you soon. And you know what it you want to call everyday do it. That's what u want do it won't hurt.

Your right thats what I call commitment also.... but im kind of lazy and i think i have memorized the recording... "your call is very important to us..." One of these days that recording is going to be playing in my dream while i sleep!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Wow. You know it's crazy that it should take so long. I am waiting too and got panicked because NVC said they had no record after a whole month. Finally found out USCIS sent my packet like 3 weeks after it was approved and after a week and a half still no NVC case number and their research unit saying no record of it. It's maddening. My approval was May 11 and I had hoped my fiance' would be here by now for my family reunion or at least for 4th of July. :wacko: So now I'm hoping before August - our NOA2 said it was good through 9/12/12. And regular time to transfer the file is 2 weeks per the government's webpage. So it's wait wait wait and try not to lose my mind any worse than I already have. :goofy: Sigh... good luck to you all. (F):luv:

Timeline

Your right thats what I call commitment also.... but im kind of lazy and i think i have memorized the recording... "your call is very important to us..." One of these days that recording is going to be playing in my dream while i sleep!

"And we look forward to speaking to you" ahhh. Yeah sound like they really want to speak to us or give you the WE DON'T HAVE YOUR PAPERS ON OUR SYSTEM YET!!! I knew operators voice from calling sooooo much. But thank god I passed that point.

But I'm here to kind off ease the pain a little I was going crazy myself dint know what else to do. The only thing I can say is IT WILL BE THERE maybe not today but hang in there you will make it. I did, I realize how much I love my fiancé from all this waiting and calling and I called her I told her you know babe I love you alott just wanted to tell you that again and again. With all that said good luck and hope you are together soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.