kmff

Are you sure the NVC is to blame?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys,

I wanted to creat this thread because I have noticed that a lot of us that were approved on late April or early May have not received a NVC case # and the NVC has not received our case. I don't know if the California Service Center is not really paying attention to where they are sending the approved cases to, or if maybe they have way too many apllications and this is causing the process to take longer.

Please use this thread to vent and to share your experiences; we are all going through this process together.

My case was approved on April 30th, after waiting 15 business days the NVC asked me to please send a scanned copy of my NOA2 to nvcresearch@state.gov. After waiting another 10 business days, I was informed that USCIS sent my file to the NRC instead of the NVC. A day later my congressman sent me an email verifying the information I was given by the NVC.

So, currently I am waiting for the NRC to send my case back to the USCIS so they can send it to the NVC...

Good luck to us all.

If the USCIS sent a few petitions to NRC by mistake I'd believe it, but i have kind of a hard time believing they've been sending truck loads of petitions to the NRC by mistake.

I'm sure this has to do with the CSC backlog last fall. CSC handles far more petitions overall than VSC, so when CSC has a huge backlog, and then works supersonic to handle that backlog all of a sudden, the system is bound to get clogged up further down.

If the USCIS sent a few petitions to NRC by mistake I'd believe it, but i have kind of a hard time believing they've been sending truck loads of petitions to the NRC by mistake.

I'm sure this has to do with the CSC backlog last fall. CSC handles far more petitions overall than VSC, so when CSC has a huge backlog, and then works supersonic to handle that backlog all of a sudden, the system is bound to get clogged up further down.

I am not trying to imply that the CSC is sending trucks loaded with petitions. I am just saying that if you havent heard anything you should really pressure the USCIS and NVC through a Senator or congressman to find out where the application is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Called NVC tonight, our petition is in the building, no case number assigned yet.

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I received my NOA2 from CSC on May 9. After many, frustrating, continued "we don't have your receipt number in our system yet" replies, and after a month had gone by, the person on the other line finally said "send an e-mail to NVCresearch@state.gov with my inquiry and an attached scan of my NOA2. I did that on Friday (June 8). They just got back to me today (June 12) with this e-mail response...

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) contacted U.S.

Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) to locate your approved

petition. USCIS has informed the NVC, that your petition is en route to

the NVC. Once we have received your petition, the appropriate agent

will receive further instructions within 6 to 8 weeks.

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

Don't know if this info. helps anyone, but just thought I'd contribute. Boy, is dealing with the Gov. frustrating (we pay their salaries, BTW, which I try not to dwell on too much, because it creates more frustration!).

Thanks

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Case movement is determined by a computer system.

IMO, the computer system is improperly programmed.

There was a change over from federal contracting companies that handle this computer programming, and it's my opinion that this new firm has messed things up.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I wouldn't worry too much about the "6 - 8 weeks."

That's the standard answer given it seems like, and which is basically when you get an email if you don't call them every day. The fact that approved petitions can actually sit around USCIS for a month without being sent is beyond me though.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi all,NO2 was 15th May and we are still waiting for CSC to sent our petition to NVC since it has not been received yet.. advised to sent an email to nvcresearch for them to locate where it could be... maybe CSC is backlogged and the cases are not sent systematically as they are approved... very frustating...

N 400
GC-Date:------------------------- 12/09/12
Sent N400:----------------------- 10/06/15 Received 10/07/15
Cashd: -------------------------- 10/13/15
NOA: ---------------------------- 10/07/15
Biometrics appointment: -------- 11/18/15 (received snail mail 11/06)
E-update In Line: --------------- 11/06/15
E-update Interview scheduled ---- 11/27/15

Interview: --------------------- 01/04/15 (received letter on 12/07/15 with notice date as 11/30/15)

interview de-scheduled---------- 12/28/15

interview Rescheduled 03/10/16 for----------- 04/25/16 PASSED
Oath------------------------------04/29/16
Field Office: Atlanta

i-130 for my mum

noa 1 06/28/2018

noa 2 12/01/2018 Approved

nvc stage

received 12/17/2018

case number 02/05/2019

paid both fees 02/07/2019

paid fees still in process 02/13/2019 (fees withdrawn from account 02/11/19)

hi all,NO2 was 15th May and we are still waiting for CSC to sent our petition to NVC since it has not been received yet.. advised to sent an email to nvcresearch for them to locate where it could be... maybe CSC is backlogged and the cases are not sent systematically as they are approved... very frustating...

That seems to be it. Have you called USCIS yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

That seems to be it. Have you called USCIS yet?

do u know the number we use when calling csc?

N 400
GC-Date:------------------------- 12/09/12
Sent N400:----------------------- 10/06/15 Received 10/07/15
Cashd: -------------------------- 10/13/15
NOA: ---------------------------- 10/07/15
Biometrics appointment: -------- 11/18/15 (received snail mail 11/06)
E-update In Line: --------------- 11/06/15
E-update Interview scheduled ---- 11/27/15

Interview: --------------------- 01/04/15 (received letter on 12/07/15 with notice date as 11/30/15)

interview de-scheduled---------- 12/28/15

interview Rescheduled 03/10/16 for----------- 04/25/16 PASSED
Oath------------------------------04/29/16
Field Office: Atlanta

i-130 for my mum

noa 1 06/28/2018

noa 2 12/01/2018 Approved

nvc stage

received 12/17/2018

case number 02/05/2019

paid both fees 02/07/2019

paid fees still in process 02/13/2019 (fees withdrawn from account 02/11/19)

Timeline

to repeat -

the problem - casefiles going to NRC when instead, they should have gone to NVC.

It's a routing problem, IMO the computer printing the routing slips has been badly programmed with the wrong info.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

to repeat -

the problem - casefiles going to NRC when instead, they should have gone to NVC.

It's a routing problem, IMO the computer printing the routing slips has been badly programmed with the wrong info.

How certain are you that those files went to NRC? the operators/supervisors just say the thing that you want to hear so we can get off their back.

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Timeline

How certain are you that those files went to NRC? the operators/supervisors just say the thing that you want to hear so we can get off their back.

I read. What have you read??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.