Kathryn41

Non-immigrant visa fees increase June 4th

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Non-Immigrant Visa fees will increase effective June 4th, 2010

http://travel.state....types_1263.html

K-Visas will now be $350 payable in full at the time of the interview

Here is the official announcement from last December for the price increases: http://www.travel.state.gov/news/press/press_4603.html

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

eep!! so glad our interview is done with.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

I wonder how they're communicating this to people who have already received their Packet 3's (with the old price on the checklist)but who won't end up interviewing until after the 4th? They can put a reminder in the Packet 4 letter I suppose. but that won't work if they've sent Packet 4 letters out for interviews after the 4th already. Would they call or mail those applicants? Or just spring it on them at the interview?

It's an especially interesting question for Canada, where the consulates don't take cash at the interview - they want you to bring in a special deposit slip proving you paid the fee at a Scotiabank days/weeks earlier.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I wonder how they're communicating this to people who have already received their Packet 3's (with the old price on the checklist)but who won't end up interviewing until after the 4th? They can put a reminder in the Packet 4 letter I suppose. but that won't work if they've sent Packet 4 letters out for interviews after the 4th already. Would they call or mail those applicants? Or just spring it on them at the interview?

It's an especially interesting question for Canada, where the consulates don't take cash at the interview - they want you to bring in a special deposit slip proving you paid the fee at a Scotiabank days/weeks earlier.

I think this: "Important Notice: New Nonimmigrant Application Fees: The Nonimmigrant visa application processing fees will increase on June 4, 2010 and will be tiered, as shown below. Applicants will have to pay the full fee in effect on the day they apply, regardless of when they pay." from the link means that if you APPLY for the visa before June 4th then you won't get the increase.

The interesting part is, what do they consider your "application day"? The day your file arrives at the Consulate? the petition NOA2 date? the day they receive P3 from you? or the day they send P4 to you? Guess someone will find out the hard way :S

Montreal takes cash.

In fact I gave them cash.

And that's a heck of a hike.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think this: "Important Notice: New Nonimmigrant Application Fees: The Nonimmigrant visa application processing fees will increase on June 4, 2010 and will be tiered, as shown below. Applicants will have to pay the full fee in effect on the day they apply, regardless of when they pay." from the link means that if you APPLY for the visa before June 4th then you won't get the increase.

The interesting part is, what do they consider your "application day"? The day your file arrives at the Consulate? the petition NOA2 date? the day they receive P3 from you? or the day they send P4 to you? Guess someone will find out the hard way :S

application day... the day you submit your application (ie.. DS-156 et al)... typically coincides with an interview

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm betting on 'the day they process the P3 documents from the visa applicant'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yes, technically, until you hand in your application when you show up for your interview you haven't officially 'applied' because they don't have the K-1 application paperwork yet. It is one of the documents you self-deliver.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

For us who are still waiting for our NOA2 in our K1 process, the price hike is such a huge shock. :o

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Non-Immigrant Visa fees will increase effective June 4th, 2010

http://travel.state....types_1263.html

K-Visas will now be $350 payable in full at the time of the interview

Here is the official announcement from last December for the price increases: http://www.travel.state.gov/news/press/press_4603.html

Is this mean that when I go with my fiance in July for her interview we have to pay $350 instead of $131?

Time Line

01-30-2010 Sent I-129F via USPS certified.

02-01-2010 Received USPS confirmation.

02-08-2010 Received NOA1

03-12-2010 Case updated text alert.

03-12-2010 Checked Status online: Case approved! Weepaaa!!

03-15-2010 Received NOA2

04-02-2010 Received letter from NVC case sent to Juarez's Consulate

05-11-2010 Juarez US consulate received our case.

05-13-2010 Juarez US consulate sent K1 instructions packet to my fiance.

05-25-2010 Received instructions packet.

07-06-2010 Ciudad Juarez for the medical evaluation.

07-07-2010 Ciudad Juarez for the Visa Interview.APPROVE!!

07-18-2010 POE Los Angeles,CA

09-24-2010 We got MARRIED!!!!

12-08-2010 Sent AOS Package

12-27-2010 Received NOA1

02-11-2011 Biometrics Appoitment in Riverside, CA 11am

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, what can i say...... I'm glad we're out of the blue... :whistle:

But, one could say it did get a grandfathering, of sorts.

Most people doing K-1, by this point, who applied before the change was announced in December, have been in and out with a verdict by now.

K-1 is now a very expensive option, and financially speaking, i dont see why anyone should now want to apply for a K-1, unless they're an oddball case like we were, who cant marry in the non-USC's country.

#######, and here i was thinking we may have just beet them..... well, not much more can be done about it now.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Timeline

Is this mean that when I go with my fiance in July for her interview we have to pay $350 instead of $131?

I would email your specific consulate to confirm, but yeah, it looks that way.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

For us who are still waiting for our NOA2 in our K1 process, the price hike is such a huge shock. :o

It shouldn't be. The price hike was announced in December and again in February. As someone who joined VJ in November and didn't apply for your K1 until May, you should have been aware of and expected the larger fees.

The people from October, however, are the ones who really got screwed. There's a few UK people who are in June, one Honduras who USCIS really screwed over by taking four months after her NOA2 approval to actually send it to NVC, and another with a really late NOA2 who applied well before the announcement and are going to have to pay an extra ~$220 for the interview because of things completely out of their control.

Edited by K and L

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.