Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited



  • Rank
    Platinum Member
  • Birthday 10/09/1985
  • Member # 125109
  • Location Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
    Punta Gorda
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    National Benefits Center
  • Local Office
    Tampa FL
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

7,588 profile views
  1. At the interview they ask because you may have traveled between the application and your interview and they would need to add that travel to your application. For between interview and oath ceremony they want to make sure you have not been out of the country for an extended period of time.
  2. @SE18, Has your wife filed for Removal of Conditions (ROC) yet? If she did then she would have a green card that is valid for 10 years. If not, I would suggest you file as soon as you can and explain why you are late filing. This question is for others in the forum. I understand that even though OP’s wife may have not filed ROC she still has status. Can she apply for citizenship without having filed ROC? Can she do it concurrently?
  3. When your extension letter expires it does not mean that your status expires. If you need proof of permanent residency for travel or work you would make an appointment at your local office to have an I-551 stamp in your passport. Keep in mind that you do not have to present a green card for employment purposes. You can use a Drivers License and social security card.
  4. They have been here for four years. They have overstayed for a long time. I agree this is not a DIY case and that they need to talk to lawyer. Just found out that grandparents were informed they need to adopt the children. Is there an option through adoption?
  5. I know the basics, social services would have got involved and figured out the situation. It did not cross my mind yesterday as I was flabbergasted that grandparents were LPR’s but the children were not. I will make the suggestions that have been given here to the family.
  6. I’m not 100% sure, all I know is that the parents passed away up in Canada and the children were brought here to the USA as stated in my original post.
  7. Good Evening, I have been on this forum for the past seven years. In my professional life I work with children in my community. Today I came across the following situation: While meeting with a minor child this morning I was informed that the child and a minor sibling were brought to the USA four years ago from Canada and have not went back since. Parents passed in Canada. The guardian stated that if the children would have been left in Canada they would have lived on the streets. Since they are minors, I assume they do not accrue unlawful presence till 18 years old? Is there any way for them to get LPR status? I believe the grandparents, who are LPR’s, have guardianship/custody of the children.
  8. @Bray666, In my opinion, your plan is very risky. You are planning a 6 month stay, yet earlier than my post, you state that before this upcoming stay you visited for a month a couple months ago. If you indeed go through with attempting to stay for 6 months you could get interrogated and very possibly denied entry. CBP does not need proof to deny you entry, all they need is suspicion. If you attempt to enter for 6 months on this visit you have been in the US 7 months out of the last 12. The general rule is to spend more time in your home country than in the US. For example, 8/12 months in home country, 4/12 months in US. I have also observed others stating that once you have exceeded the 6 month mark you could jeopardize your Canadian health insurance and may qualify for physical presence in the US. As another poster stated, CBP is giving out 5 years bans frequently at the moment. Ultimately, the decision is yours, but I wanted to give you some things to think about so you can make an informed decision.
  9. In my opinion, if your case is straight forward, I would drop the lawyer. You should not have to feel like you are going to upset him. As stated earlier, he works for you, not the other way around. This lovely forum is full of people who not only have been through the process but are very knowledgable due to length of time on this forum. if you drop the lawyer, you or whomever is paying for your lawyer, will save a lot of money.
  10. you are correct in that you have convert your I-751 into a divorce waiver. USCIS, pre-COVID, waa saying that if you entered via K-1 visa and did not have an AOS interview it was likely you would have one for I-751. In your case, you will probably have an interview. As long as you entered into your marriage in good faith and can prove this you will be fine. Also, please fill out your timeline. Go to the top right of the website and click menu->Account->Profile and then scroll down to my timeline. Once you have clicked my timeline you then click “Add/Edit My Timeline”
  11. I assume 5 years from interview. If you have traveled between application submission to interview you will have to update these dates with IO.
  12. Welcome to the forum. Concerning which visa to chase depends on a few things: CR-1 -Takes about 12-18 months, may take longer due to COVID. I believe interviews are taking place at the moment. -can work and travel immediately after arrival as your visa acts as a green card for 1 year till you receive a physical green card -fees total about $1225 and depending on how many years married may have to do Removal of Conditions (ROC) at $760 K-1 -Faster, although at the moment no interviews happening at Consulate -Have to apply for Advance Parole (AP), Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and Adjustment of Status (AOS) upon arrival. The fees total from petition to AOS will be $3025 and then you have Removal of Conditions (ROC) on top of this at $760. If traveling, working, and saving money are important I would ho CR-1. If your fiance does not mind being in the USA till he gets AP and work is not important you can do K-1. AP took about 6-8 months pre-COVID. Now may be longer.
  13. If you get to the 18 months and you need proof of residency for work or to travel you will have to contact USCIS customer service and make an INFOPASS appointment at your closest field office to get a I-551 stamp in your passport, In terms of work, you do not have to show your employer your green card as long as you show your unrestricted Social Security card and photo ID such as a drivers license or State ID. On the other hand, if you want to travel you will need the I-551 stamp.
  • Create New...