20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our interview today, and it didn't feel like it went very good...first we left our house at 11:00 am, our appointment was at 1:00pm. We got lost and turned around and finally made it there at 1:20pm. I was freaking out, my husband was very controlled, which made me even more crazy..but this was the first time I had actually been involved in the whole thing, he's been through it...

We got called back, sworn in and the interviewer went through a bunch of questions like "Do you have terrorist intentions, commited any crimes, involved in polygamy, plan on or in the business of prostitution"....that one made me laugh out loud, and I don't think the interviewer appreciated that but..really? then she asked me my husbands parents name...which he had told me a long time ago, and he had them for the marriage license, but his dad is deceased and I call his mom Nanay...so I got that one wrong right away..then she asked my husband to leave the room and she began to ask me questions, the first was about the civil surgeon letter, she asked if he was immunized in Texas, I explained about the cost of seeing a civil surgeon in our area, about how they all wanted to do complete physicals, blood work, etc...before the paper work, and that Dr. Arnold was in the list of civil surgeons. The interviewer kind of berated me, saying that wasn't the smartest thing to do, send in our documentation to a Doctor we weren't seeing face to face and how it could have turned out bad...then she let me go and brought my husband in, she went through some pictures with him, and then told him we would be notified by mail, but it would take awhile to go through everything..

any opinions of how this might end? Just wondering if anyone else got a little bit messed up or if they found out right away that the interview went good...

thanks as always

best friends and soul mates no matter what

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thats for posting that, Debby. Now Im getting scared . But in all I think it's going to be ok.

I was planning on using Dr. Arnold because you are right, I called all the civil surgeons in my area and they all want to do the physical and blood work and the cheapest was 125$ . Now Im thinking since I will be dealing with Detroit, we should just pay that crazy fee and get it done to their satisfaction.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sounds like it did not go well and you were not prepared, hope they grant you a GC despite the fact you could not answer simple basic questions, that is a major red flag. Good luck. :whistle:

We had our interview today, and it didn't feel like it went very good...first we left our house at 11:00 am, our appointment was at 1:00pm. We got lost and turned around and finally made it there at 1:20pm. I was freaking out, my husband was very controlled, which made me even more crazy..but this was the first time I had actually been involved in the whole thing, he's been through it...

We got called back, sworn in and the interviewer went through a bunch of questions like "Do you have terrorist intentions, commited any crimes, involved in polygamy, plan on or in the business of prostitution"....that one made me laugh out loud, and I don't think the interviewer appreciated that but..really? then she asked me my husbands parents name...which he had told me a long time ago, and he had them for the marriage license, but his dad is deceased and I call his mom Nanay...so I got that one wrong right away..then she asked my husband to leave the room and she began to ask me questions, the first was about the civil surgeon letter, she asked if he was immunized in Texas, I explained about the cost of seeing a civil surgeon in our area, about how they all wanted to do complete physicals, blood work, etc...before the paper work, and that Dr. Arnold was in the list of civil surgeons. The interviewer kind of berated me, saying that wasn't the smartest thing to do, send in our documentation to a Doctor we weren't seeing face to face and how it could have turned out bad...then she let me go and brought my husband in, she went through some pictures with him, and then told him we would be notified by mail, but it would take awhile to go through everything..

any opinions of how this might end? Just wondering if anyone else got a little bit messed up or if they found out right away that the interview went good...

thanks as always

ONce again, the fresh stench of zgt to the rescue. You must have had a tough childhood.

There's nothnig you can do now, iha... just wait and see.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

How about giving a nice answer instead of a demeaning one. People make mistakes. Are you now the forum police? Stop berating people for making mistakes. Are you perfect? Maybe you can start your own forum and we can all listen to your great wisdom. Teach us simple people oh great one! :angry:

Sounds like it did not go well and you were not prepared, hope they grant you a GC despite the fact you could not answer simple basic questions, that is a major red flag. Good luck. :whistle:

thanks as always

03/03/2008 Mailed AOS to Chicago Day 1

03/05/2008 AOS Received in Chicago I-485 & I-765 Day 3

03/10/2008 Notice Date I-485 & I-765 Day 8

03/28/2008 I-485 Transfer to California Service Center Email/Viewable Online Day 26

03/29/2008 Biometrics Appointment Day 27

04/04/2008 I-485 CSC Transfer Notification Email/NOA in Mail/Touch Day 33

05/08/2008 I-765 EAD Approval Notice Sent Day 67

05/10/2008 I-765 EAD Card In Hands Day 69

07/07/2008 I-485 Approved Day 127

07/14/2008 10 Year Green Card Received Day 134

05/25/2011 Mailed N-400 to Dallas, Texas Day 1

06/01/2011 Check Cashed Day 8

06/06/2011 NOA Received Dated 06/01 Day 13

06/09/2011 Biometrics Letter Received Day 16

06/30/2011 Biometrics Appointment 9:00 am Day 37

08/18/2011 Notice of Interview Sent Via Mail Day 86

09/26/2011 Interview Day 125 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

10/17/2011 Oath Ceremony Complete!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi debby i got also my interview yesterday morning and thanks God it turns out well. Anyway, we were asked also like that things about prostitutions etc becoz it was in the form we submit. We were also asked regarding our relatioship. When and how did we met. Asked us what we can tell to eachother. He never look our pictures and evidence that i prepared. I even handed him our 2007 joint tax return but i forgot its not the right page where our signatures should be shown. He just told us- its not a big deal. Then he told us he wil approved us and give us a paper that we should apply for 10 year greencard before the 2 year greencard expired. Thats it... It took only for about 10 mins. He then congratulate both of us and thanked him too. When i look my email yesterday afternoon i received a CRIS messge for card production that my card will sent a couple of weeks. So do u receive an email from CRIS? Unless, you did sign up for that. I could see you will also get your greencard soon. congrats

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I believe zgt is completely wrong - consider this - the USCIS personnel are used to seeing nervous people and know that people may not know the 'formal' names of each other's parents or data that is not directly of the spouse. In my opinion, the examiner did a good job and you have as much chance of approval as anyone else (as long as you did submit enough evidence etc.). I would not worry too much at this point as it is you are done with the interview and nothing can change what was said and done. But I believe your outcome would be good. Put yourself in their shoes and try to think if you would reject someone for just being a little nervous. Best wishes

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

I agree with this statement (for the most part). I wouldn't say that it didn't go well, just ok. And it will probably turn out well in the end. But there is a difference between being nervous and unprepared. Not knowing your mother-in-law's name is unprepared. Why is everybody jumping on his back? BTW, she did ask for opinions. Does everybody have to sugar-coat everything?

Maybe his answer will help somebody who has an upcoming interview prepare better.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Timeline

Debby1..

I just wanted to let you know that our experience at the interview in Detroit went somewhat like yours? But we are not trying to worry too much?? When we went in for the interview the woman was not very nice and she was really looking us over and asking crazy questions, if my husband was ever in terrorist camps, and if he had any family here, and the one that really got me upset was when she seen our 2007 taxes and that i had filed as married jointly, she looked right at me and said I dont think your allowed to have your husband on your taxes since he was not here in 2007?? I told her my tax consulatant said it was fine and the attorney never said a word,as he filed out our I-864 and stapled our taxes to the back of it? She looked at me once again and said Wow I supose you got extra money back didnt you? I said as a matter of fact no I didnt, we had to pay since Im self employed :angry: So at the end of the interview she said she would check all our paperwork and get back to us by mail??? So we recieved no instant approval at the interview, I think they are paid to be the way they are at interviews. So just know your not the only ones that had a not so great interview.

K&L

(Lisa)

K&L

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Debby,

Just wait for the result, I am sure you will be fine.

You are the American's spouse, you have the right stay in the US.

05/29/09, sent application package to Chicago USCIS for both parents

06/05/09, Checks cashed

06/08/09, NOA's received, online status visable

06/12/09, Bio letters received

06/29/09, Bio done

06/30/09, case transfered to California

Filed: Timeline

I agree with this statement (for the most part). I wouldn't say that it didn't go well, just ok. And it will probably turn out well in the end. But there is a difference between being nervous and unprepared. Not knowing your mother-in-law's name is unprepared. Why is everybody jumping on his back? BTW, she did ask for opinions. Does everybody have to sugar-coat everything?

Maybe his answer will help somebody who has an upcoming interview prepare better.

:thumbs: exactly.. Ask for opinion and people will give it. If it does not go down well its just too bad. What the Officer thinks and does is up to them. If you ask for an opnion then be open to honest ones given...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would not worry too much, below is what happened at our interview and she received her green card about a month after the interview.

Below was our experience:

We just had our AOS interview today. They did not ask for one bit of information that we brought, did not look at bills, insurance cards etc, just her state id and my drivers license and our passports. They did not ask for the vaccination supplement and we did not submit one.They did however interview us separatley.

First they called Luvy, Then let her out and interviewed me, and then brought us both together.

Questions asked.

What is your job.

What do you do at your job

What is your work schedule

How did you meet

How did you meet her aunt

Who initiated the first conversation

When was the first conversation

How long till you visited her after first talking

When did you visit her

What dates were you there

Where did you stay

How did her family treat you

What where their thoughts about the two of you getting married

What kind of wedding did you have

How many people

Where was it

Where does she work

What is her schedule

How does she get to work

Does she drive

She read our address and asked if it was an apartment or house

Did you have it before she arrived

How many bedrooms

She read our phone number and asked what it was

What is your full name

Where were you born

What city

They then grilled us on discrepancies, wrong year on one of the dates, day was right but year wrong. There was confusion when she was asking Luvy questions about my stay, she thought she was asking only about my second trip and told them I stayed at her house and hotel, I told them at her aunts house first trip and hotel and her house second trip. She went on about why we did not agree on where I stayed. My wife was confused about what she was asking at this point. When they asked about where she worked I told them the Forum at Knightsbridge, she told them Sunrise assisted Living. I told the CO that they are the same thing, sunrise owns the forum, the Forum is the name of the complex but sunrise manages it. I think she understood.

Then she looked at some pictures in the photo album.

After the interview she took Luvy's I-94 card from her passport and told us that a decision will be made in 4 to 6 weeks.

I hope our confusion about exactly where I stayed does not affect the outcome.

Hope this helps,

Mike and Luvy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

:thumbs: exactly.. Ask for opinion and people will give it. If it does not go down well its just too bad. What the Officer thinks and does is up to them. If you ask for an opnion then be open to honest ones given...

Perhaps if you knew that zqt is the biggest idiot on VJ and adds no value to any discussion, you would see why people attack her the way they do. She is misinformed and goes around VJ spreading lies, so everything she says needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Perhaps if you knew that zqt is the biggest idiot on VJ and adds no value to any discussion, you would see why people attack her the way they do. She is misinformed and goes around VJ spreading lies, so everything she says needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I take exception to that.

I feel Tito shares the title :whistle:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.