Trust in a Relationship....

155 posts in this topic

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If a person lied constantly I wouldn't have anything to do with them. Especially if it was someone I was going to spend the rest of my life with. How could you spend your life with a liar? You can't trust a liar. When the trust isn't there then the relationship has unrepairable cracks. People say you can learn to trust that person again, but there comes a point when you must draw the line. And I don't believe that a persons country of origon excuses them from being a liar. No matter where you have been brought up, you should know right from wrong. Bottom line is that trust is an important part of a relationship IMO.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

without trust in a relationship..then in the end, the relationship is doomed

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

How important is trust to you in a relationship? Could you marry your SO while thinking (s)he's a liar?

For me, if I didn't trust D with my life, we wouldn't be getting married. Hell, we wouldn't be in an LDR. It's the foundation for everything, and without trust, there's nothing.

It boggles my mind how people will sell themselves short and marry people that they don't trust at all.

What about you?

I completely trust my husband. We did when we were in a LDR and still we do. And it's working GREAT!!! :thumbs:

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I trust my Sweet Sasha completely. And I know that she trusts me completely. Being so far apart in physical distance...trust is everything!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Trust is fluid. I trust my doctor with my health, but I wouldn't necessarily trust him with my house. I trust my car with my life everyday I drive, but I wouldn't marry it. With marriage, a basic trust (along with honesty) in each other lays the ground work to be able to withstand the trials of marriage. Little things can gnaw away at that trust - such as a wife asking her husband to pick up her clothes from the cleaners and he forgets. He might be a terrific husband who loves her loyally, but he just sucks at remembering things. Can she trust him with getting to the cleaners without her constantly reminding him? Probably not. Does that make the marriage not work...I don't think so. In fact, I think later on after being married for several years, such things will be found to be endearing as both of them will be able to look back at him never remembering to go to the cleaners for her, laugh and tell him he's such a forgetful fool (affectionately of course).

I think that's a different kind of trust that borders on knowing your partner and his/her weaknesses...can I trust him to not forget to go to the cleaners? would not be a question I would hinge a successful marriage on.

What I'm really getting at is trust with the big things....to be faithful (if that's your arrangement...some might differ), with having your back, always being there, and NOT lying to you, etc.

Could you marry someone you felt was lying to you?

Trust is like building a house, first you have to build the foundation then brick by brick you build the walls .

Trust is fluid. I trust my doctor with my health, but I wouldn't necessarily trust him with my house. I trust my car with my life everyday I drive, but I wouldn't marry it. With marriage, a basic trust (along with honesty) in each other lays the ground work to be able to withstand the trials of marriage. Little things can gnaw away at that trust - such as a wife asking her husband to pick up her clothes from the cleaners and he forgets. He might be a terrific husband who loves her loyally, but he just sucks at remembering things. Can she trust him with getting to the cleaners without her constantly reminding him? Probably not. Does that make the marriage not work...I don't think so. In fact, I think later on after being married for several years, such things will be found to be endearing as both of them will be able to look back at him never remembering to go to the cleaners for her, laugh and tell him he's such a forgetful fool (affectionately of course).

I think that's a different kind of trust that borders on knowing your partner and his/her weaknesses...can I trust him to not forget to go to the cleaners? would not be a question I would hinge a successful marriage on.

What I'm really getting at is trust with the big things....to be faithful (if that's your arrangement...some might differ), with having your back, always being there, and NOT lying to you, etc.

Could you marry someone you felt was lying to you?

Edited by Laynie

Trust is held only in the one that you choose to give it to. When the trust that you hold so dear is broken,it will create an equal amount of pain.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

LisaD:

No trust is a deal breaker!

The question becomes how much rope and effort does the individual extend in hopes that the trust that was broken could somehow be mended? That truly becomes a gut instinct decision based upon the individual’s personality, temperament, willingness, and belief in their mate. Broken trust may be one of the hardest hurdles to overcome in a relationship.

It’s a pickle, no doubt about that!

As always, cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Sadly enough, there seem to be quite a few people in LDR that simply don't know their SOs enough to be able to trust them.... :( and they still jump into marriage like there was no tomorrow.

I can't imagine a relationship/marriage without trust! Hubby has been burned before and I guess if I would lie to him even about the most trivial issues, it would be over for us.

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is nothing in a significant relationship more important than trust. Period. If you can not trust your partner, you should not be in the relationship. Period.

And there's a big difference between a basic fundamental trust in a person and not trusting him/her to pick up milk and eggs on the way home. The former is imperative, the latter insignificant. You can't sweat the small stuff or you'll be doing nothing but sweating all the time and stinking up the place. ;)

05-13-06 - Met at Neo Nightclub in Chicago through a mutual friend.

05-24-06 - First formal date, followed immediately by weekend spent together.

09-07-06 - First trip to the UK. Sick most of the time, loved it anyway. :)

11-21-06 - Alasdair comes in for Thanksgiving.

03-28-07 - Second trip to the UK, flew out to Northern Ireland to meet the parents.

06-12-07 - Alasdair's next visit, we go everywhere and do everything. :)

06-17-07 - We become formally engaged, though it'd been in discussion for months.

07-27-07 - I-129F packet sent to Nebraska Service Center.

07-30-07 - I-129F packet received at Nebraska Service Center and forwarded to California.

08-24-07 - Check finally cashed!

08-25-07 - NOA1 Received!

01-30-08 - NOA2 Finally Received!

03-18-08 - Packet 3 Received!

04-03-08 - Packet 4 Received!

04-28-08 - Interview at 8:30am

Fiance still an idiot, sent wrong doc, still waiting on arrival date.

3052.gif

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I trust Amr also a 100% and he trusts me (L) . Without trust, honesty, and opening up freely with each other along with a couple of other things I would not have married the man of my dreams. I have never met anyone like my husband before that I can truely put all my trust into, its a great feeling :yes: . As for forgetting things thats a whole different trust then what everyone else is talking about, hey we all goof up and that kind of trust one way or another in our relationship its to be expected.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

trust is a must! :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

I don't think I will ever trust anybody 100%.....I have got better as I have gotten older I think. I would love to have the deep down assurance that many of you feel you have but I just can't give a 100%. I don't let it blight my life like I used to, because as it has been said mistrust can be very destructive in a relationship.

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

"Honey, do these pants make my butt look fat?"

"How's that pasta? As good as your mom's?"

"Do you find that girl attractive?"

"How do you like that shirt I got you?"

"Is there anything about me you would want to change?"

Want me to go on? The situation, the degree and other factors all come into play when it comes to lies and trust. In important areas such as fidelity, finances, health, degree of love, future goals, etc., etc., one lie is enough to sink things because the person is lying for specific deceptive reasons as well as pretending to be something they are not.

With all the above white lies you know that smart men will tell the white lie because doing anything else is just starting an argument you can't win and that will wear you out, while being totally pointless at the same time. I've lied, side stepped, ignored the question, told a joke in to every one of those questions.

I don't trust anyone 100%. Been there and done that. If you reach 90% with me you are a trusted friend, lover, family member, etc. If you reach 95% we've known each other for many, many years and you've never let me down. I can't see anyone going over 90-95% for anyone. My wife will be the only one who could get past 95%, but that is going to take a heck of a long time and she has to deserve it.