142 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
On 4/9/2024 at 5:21 PM, justaman said:

Why would anyone choose paper instead of filing online?

If your income below 400% you can pay less fee but it's only available in paper option. It will be a good option for divorced applicants.

Timeline
On 4/30/2024 at 2:47 PM, Finn2 said:

I'm in the same boat as you - filed a week later than you also in DC; no interview date yet. The law actually goes into effect on 6/27 - looks like the oath ceremony can be quick, or take a couple of months after the interview. But I think you'd be ok rescheduling the oath ceremony if it's quicker than expected.

Hi, would you mind to explain what the deal about dual citizenships?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrSingle2020 said:

Hi, would you mind to explain what the deal about dual citizenships?

Until recently Germany only allowed dual citizenship under special circumstances. The law was changed to allow dual citizenship and made public, but it won't go into effect until June 27th.

Timeline
On 5/3/2024 at 8:12 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

Until recently Germany only allowed dual citizenship under special circumstances. The law was changed to allow dual citizenship and made public, but it won't go into effect until June 27th.

Thank you. Did research on that, I was just thinking something else :) 

Timeline
3 hours ago, MrSingle2020 said:

Thank you. Did research on that, I was just thinking something else :) 

That's why you see so many Germans in this thread. We all jumped on it as soon as we could hoping it all works out with an interview/ oath after june 26th 🤣

4 hours ago, justaman said:

Guys I'm getting nervous as there's been no progress ugh. Patience is not my virtue.

We just applied 😅 but I feel you. So close to the finish line.

On 5/1/2024 at 8:52 PM, Sgtn9486 said:

Hi everyone,

my husband applied on 4/16 (3 year rule- Dallas TX) and biometrics were reused. It’s showing 7 months estimated time but I’m hoping it’s sooner. His coworker applied and got an interview 3 months later… I have hope. 😮‍💨

guys it changed to 6 months estimated time.. 

On 5/3/2024 at 3:07 PM, inkasminka said:

I applied last week (4/25), they reused my biometrics and today I got a notification that my interview is scheduled for 6/22. I am shocked! 

HI! Do you mind sharing which USCIS office did you file at? 

I'm in a kind of tricky situation: I've been an LPR for over 5 years, and my husband has qualifying employment abroad, so we both live in Qatar. I'm not sure which USCIS office to choose for my N-400 INA 319(b) processing, as I would need to get a new passport and return back to Qatar right after my naturalization. Trying to choose an office that is familiar with cases under section 319(b), that has a relatively fast processing times, that I can fly to to get my interview and same-day Oath ceremony, plus it has to be near a Passport office to get my passport right away. 😅

Any advice from any of the members of this community with similar experience would be greatly appreciated! 

Timeline
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sgtn9486 said:

guys it changed to 6 months estimated time.. 

It will go down every month 😉 mine just did too from 8 to 7.

Edited by Letspaintcookies

On 5/2/2024 at 6:01 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

Yup. Biometric fees are due when filing.

Seems like I'm the only one who's still without a biometrics notice 😫

We never received a biometrics notice online, but got one in the mail that the fingerprints will be reused.

Timeline
Posted (edited)

just got the notification that my interview was scheduled for Saturday, June 15 (applied on 4/26). Who knew they worked on the weekend. 

Edited by Finn2

Timeline
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Finn2 said:

Got the notification that my interview was scheduled (applied on 4/26), but they didn't upload the document online. Is that how it usually goes and I'll have to wait for the notice and the actual date in the mail?

Give it an hour or two and it should be there. And congratulations 🎊 another speedy one 😁

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Timeline
14 hours ago, Katyaaa said:

I'm in a kind of tricky situation: I've been an LPR for over 5 years, and my husband has qualifying employment abroad, so we both live in Qatar. I'm not sure which USCIS office to choose for my N-400 INA 319(b) processing, as I would need to get a new passport and return back to Qatar right after my naturalization. Trying to choose an office that is familiar with cases under section 319(b), that has a relatively fast processing times, that I can fly to to get my interview and same-day Oath ceremony, plus it has to be near a Passport office to get my passport right away. 😅

Any advice from any of the members of this community with similar experience would be greatly appreciated! 

Maybe try asking in the military section. Even if your spouse is not military the process is the same. There are a couple that filed their N400 while abroad.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Katyaaa said:

I applied under 319(b) , but I am about to move overseas on mu husband orders in July. The process for us is the same as for everyone. I would think all offices should be familiar with 319b. I heard that DC has same day everything. However, i highly doubt you can get passport straight away. You can apply for it right away but there will be waiting time. I hope they can send it to the embassy overseas anyways.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.