vivster

I-693, DS-3025, & Vaccine Questions (Merged threads)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are filing for our AOS, and my husband (due to being a K-1 visa) already did his medical examination. I understand he does not have to do that again, but do I still submit the i-693? Do I need any specific documents with it? Please help!

No.

When you FILE I485 within one year of your DS3025 being marked as complete, I693 is not filed.

Submit a photocopy of your DS3025 with I485.

Timeline

Hi, quick question,

My husband has his DS-3025, but after that medical exam, he got a couple of vaccines that was needed. We have the document that says that he received the shots needed, but does that mean we have to fill out the I-693 or is the DS-3025 and additional vaccine document good enough?

12 hours ago, vivster said:

Hi, quick question,

My husband has his DS-3025, but after that medical exam, he got a couple of vaccines that was needed.

Your post is unclear.

Define "was needed"?

Needed to complete the SERIES (even though only one vaccine is needed (excluding Covid) of each age appropriate vaccine to complete DS3025) because he WANTED to be fully vaccinated OR he received a waiver for any not completed and that would be marked on the DS3025 as such?

His DS3025 would be marked complete if complete. He would not need any more vaccines.

OR

Is his DS3025 marked INCOMPLETE on the bottom left corner?

12 hours ago, vivster said:

We have the document that says that he received the shots needed, but does that mean we have to fill out the I-693 or is the DS-3025 and additional vaccine document good enough?

If DS3025 is marked complete and IS complete, he can use it as his valid medical exam proof if he files I485 within 1 year of overseas medical exam date. Any vaccines received after overseas medical is unnecessary for immigration if DS3025 is marked complete.

:time:

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

At the medical appointment, he was told he needed to still get the influenza and hepatitis B vaccine. The civil surgeon told him that he should get it done somewhere else due to price.

At the bottom, it says that they attest that the form is completed, but on the next page, it is checked that “K visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this examination.” So I assumed by other posts, he needs to go back to further show proof he got his required vaccines.

Timeline

Okay, so long story short, during the K1 visa medical examination, my husband did not have all of his vaccines (influenza and hepatitis B). The doctor encouraged him to get his vaccines done somewhere else due to it being cheaper, so my husband agreed with him. His DS-3025 was marked as "K visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this examination." The document is completed, but the box is not marked as vaccinations were completed, so based off of everything that I have read, I assume that I am needing to submit an I-693.

He did get his influenza vaccines and he has received his hepatitis B vaccines, but he needs one more dose (which on his records, says that his dose should be during December of this year). I was freaking out about the whole thing, and I do not want to apply and get a RFE. I have an appointment for tomorrow with a civil surgeon, but I am unsure if they are even going to mark it as incomplete again since he does not have all of the doses required.

Should I send it off just as it is with no I-693 and hope that I do not need it or try tomorrow at the civil surgeon to have them hopefully mark him as complete? What do you think?

48 minutes ago, vivster said:

I have an appointment for tomorrow with a civil surgeon, but I am unsure if they are even going to mark it as incomplete again since he does not have all of the doses required.

Yes, that's what a civil surgeon would do if they know what they're doing. Missing vaccines = incomplete medical.

One can argue tomorrow's visit is pointless if civil surgeon cannot inject all missing vaccines on the spot.

You cannot convince somebody to commit fraud, that may cost a doctor his license and reputation.

Cancel appointment unless you can get all vaccines completed tomorrow. Send application without I-693. You will likely get RFE later in the process to which you will respond by completeting medical and getting all vaccines.

Realize that vaccinations is important part of becoming an LPR in the US. Missing vaccinations is a bar for adjustment (e.g. they won't issue GC) unless you have medical reasons why you cannot get all the jabs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Like topics merged***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, that's what a civil surgeon would do if they know what they're doing. Missing vaccines = incomplete medical.

One can argue tomorrow's visit is pointless if civil surgeon cannot inject all missing vaccines on the spot.

I was under the assumption that it would be marked as insufficient time interval due to him having all the vaccines, but the dose is needed in December. There would be no way for us to receive these vaccines previous to us submitting our AOS. I thought that due to time restraint it would be marked as complete due to insufficient time interval is a waiver for completion. Is it not?

Timeline
1 hour ago, vivster said:

He did get his influenza vaccines and he has received his hepatitis B vaccines, but he needs one more dose (which on his records, says that his dose should be during December of this year).

I also will add that his hepatitis B vaccine would be his four dose, but I am also seeing various sources on how many doses are required. The four dose is after a year of the first dose, but it doesn't seem logical with the application time restraints.

ONE DOSE of any of the vaccine is required EXCEPT COVID which requires TWO. You can see that in the policy manual and on the CDC website. Lots of incorrect advice here.

Please fill out your timeline!

I do not help those with blank timelines!! Your membership to VJ is a two way street. We help with info. You help with statistics.

It's so important that they have made an emoji for it. 

#3 :time:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is from the USCIS website:

"You are only required to receive a single dose of each vaccine when you visit the civil surgeon. You are encouraged to follow up with your private health care provider to complete the series. Once you have received the single dose appropriate at the time, the civil surgeon can sign and certify the Form I-693."

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements#:~:text=Certain vaccine series,Technical Instructions.

Edited by Joyoussinger

Timeline

Thank you all for help. I thought I was under the correct assumption of needing to complete the I-693 due to him not having the any doses of influenza and hep b at the time of original K1 medical examination. I will keep my appointment for tomorrow to get the I-693 filled out by a civil surgeon. I even made sure to call the place to ask if three vaccines would be considered to be fully vaccinated for the hep b vaccine, and they said yes. But it makes me feel even better that only one is required.

• powerpuff changed the title to I-693, DS-3025, & Vaccine Questions (Merged threads)
23 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

ONE DOSE of any of the vaccine is required EXCEPT COVID which requires TWO. You can see that in the policy manual and on the CDC website. Lots of incorrect advice here.

Please fill out your timeline!

I do not help those with blank timelines!! Your membership to VJ is a two way street. We help with info. You help with statistics.

It's so important that they have made an emoji for it. 

#3 :time:

COVID requires ONE updated 2023/2024 formula COVID vaccination per current instructions. That is, for not immunocompromised persons of ages 12 and above.

Exception: when never vaccinated before and being vaccinated with Novax vaccine, you will need two shots of 2023/2024 formula Novax.

Keep in mind that these are the instructions that Civil Surgeons have to follow for COVID vaccines: Clinical Guidance for COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC

The reference to the above CDC page is also found on the COVID section of the official page for Civil Surgeon Medical Exams: Vaccination Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons | CDC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.