Reynal2m

Concurrent I-130 and I129F

21 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Reynal2m said:

Good morning VJ,

My spouse came across a forum discussion suggesting that the I130 process can be expedited by submitting the I129F (K3) after the I130 has been filed. Is this approach still effective nowadays? What is your opinion on this strategy?

Do you recommend sending the I129F immediately (The next day) after receiving the Form I-797 Notice of Action receipt from USCIS?

The USCIS portal offers scant information regarding the prerequisites for the K3 procedure, aside from completing Form I129K. While exploring on the internet, I stumbled upon some additional details. Do you think these details are the requirements to send along with your I129F form?

image.png.3a2c40415a57c82afcb34fcb3d17cb73.png

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

It wouldn't hurt to submit it. But, if you you're going to, do it now. I filed the I-130  May 2023 and didn't know anything about the K-3. When I did find out about it I didn't bother because according to the time frame for the I-130 decision was within a month. Well, after waiting 4 weeks down to less than a week the wait time was pushed back 9 months. That was when I decided to file for the K-3 which was about 3 weeks ago and just got my receipt. But, I was told on here that I submitted too late and should have been filed right after the I-130 filing. Hope you have better luck than I have. Big waiting game. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It does not hurt to try it.

We did it back in 2021: sent the I-130 in 23 August 2021 and as soon as we received the NOA1 (same day since we filed electronic), we filed a paper I-129F and sent it in right away (like two weeks after).

Our I-130 was approved in two months, Approval was 01-NOv-2021.

Did the I-129F help? may be, may be not

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Definitely you should file the 129f. I've seen I130 cases get approved in 3-4 months. Was it because of the 129f? We can't tell for sure, but as others have said, it doesn't cost anything, so you might as well.

One other nuance to this is, you can file the 129f more than once. I'm working with a lady who does 5-10 cases per month and she recommends all I130 cases file the 129f too and if your I130 isn't approved in 3 months, file the 129f again. She has seen several of her clients get their I130 approved in 6 months or less. If they haven't been approved in 6 months, she files the 129f a third time.

I filed the 129f when I filed my wife's I130 back in March of last year, but I didn't know that I could file the 129f more than once, until October. I filed it again in October and again in late January. Our I130 was approved 2/23/24.

That's 11 months from the NOA1 and not out of the ordinary for a regular I130 submission, so in my case the 129f probably didn't help.

If you're like me, though, you want to do everything possible with the hopes that something might speed up the approval.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, JayFromTexas said:

Definitely you should file the 129f. I've seen I130 cases get approved in 3-4 months. Was it because of the 129f? We can't tell for sure, but as others have said, it doesn't cost anything, so you might as well.

One other nuance to this is, you can file the 129f more than once. I'm working with a lady who does 5-10 cases per month and she recommends all I130 cases file the 129f too and if your I130 isn't approved in 3 months, file the 129f again. She has seen several of her clients get their I130 approved in 6 months or less. If they haven't been approved in 6 months, she files the 129f a third time.

I filed the 129f when I filed my wife's I130 back in March of last year, but I didn't know that I could file the 129f more than once, until October. I filed it again in October and again in late January. Our I130 was approved 2/23/24.

That's 11 months from the NOA1 and not out of the ordinary for a regular I130 submission, so in my case the 129f probably didn't help.

If you're like me, though, you want to do everything possible with the hopes that something might speed up the approval.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. Definitely will try.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.