Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

389 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

what im trying to say is i have two friends who just went through on the interview (this month), applied on 3 year rule, and didnt mention combo interview - therefore, didnt bring any evidence other than what is on the 400 list. I would predict most people apply for citizenship asap in the 3 year rule, and i was advised to do the combo knowing the estimated approval is spring 2025. my husbands interview is scheduled so we didnt get any RFE's and we never have. you mean RFE's on the 751- and they would tell us in person? my friend went this month in chicago without her husband and she was completely fine. i guess it depends on city/person interviewing. Sounds like just asking for citizenship and not the combo interview would have been better.

Your mileage may vary. You can get RFEd on either I-751 / N-400 or both theoretically. You may be fine going without additional evidence and your spouse.

It's just like other things in life. You can do 85 mph on 65mph road and get away with it. Or you may be pulled by a cop.

I can only recommend the safest approach, which is following instructions to the t:

1) Come with the spouse

2) Bring all the evidence

3) Practice answers

The reason why I'm suggesting driving within the limit in this case is things get ugly quick if you get a strict officer. And you don't know who you're gonna get.

Edited by OldUser

15 hours ago, Tam&Sar said:

I had my interview on Saturday (18th) in Philadelphia, all went well and my Oath ceremony is on June 11th.  When I left my interview they said I’d receive a letter however not ten minutes later I had an email saying there was an update to my case.  So I checked online and the letter was there.  😊

Congratulations!!! 

What was the experience like? How long was the interview? 

22 minutes ago, aay.k said:

Congratulations!!! 

What was the experience like? How long was the interview? 

It was better than I expected, I was pretty nervous.  Had an appointment at 10am, got there about thirty minutes before and was actually called in about ten minutes before my time.  The Officer was very friendly, took my photo and fingerprints first.  Then we did the civics test, I got the first six right so she stopped (as you only need six out of ten ).  Next I read a sentence, wrote one then she just went through my n400 form with me.  Got to the end and she told me she was pleased to inform me that I’d be recommended to become a citizen and that they would send me a date and time for the oath ceremony in the post.

Whole thing took about 20minutes, and I was back in my car and heading home by 10:15am.  About ten minutes into the journey I got an email saying my case had been updated and that turned out to be my appointment for the oath ceremony.

Overall a much better experience than I expected and it feels like a weight has been lifted. Seems quite odd to be approaching the end of a long journey!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
Posted (edited)

Forgot to update my case! On April 29 I got an interview notice for June 3! Almost there!! Fairfax Office (Washington, DC)

03/04/24: N-400 submitted online; Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent.

03/13/24: We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time. Biometric notice attached that they are going to be reused.

04/29/24: Interview Was Scheduled (for June 3 in the morning)

Edited by juancarlos

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tam&Sar said:

It was better than I expected, I was pretty nervous.  Had an appointment at 10am, got there about thirty minutes before and was actually called in about ten minutes before my time.  The Officer was very friendly, took my photo and fingerprints first.  Then we did the civics test, I got the first six right so she stopped (as you only need six out of ten ).  Next I read a sentence, wrote one then she just went through my n400 form with me.  Got to the end and she told me she was pleased to inform me that I’d be recommended to become a citizen and that they would send me a date and time for the oath ceremony in the post.

Whole thing took about 20minutes, and I was back in my car and heading home by 10:15am.  About ten minutes into the journey I got an email saying my case had been updated and that turned out to be my appointment for the oath ceremony.

Overall a much better experience than I expected and it feels like a weight has been lifted. Seems quite odd to be approaching the end of a long journey!

Amazing! I hope everyone has an experience like yours. *fingers crossed*

Edited by aay.k

On 5/20/2024 at 7:37 PM, oneoftheunderdogs said:

I believe the thinking here is that the N-400 CANNOT be approved without the I-751 being approved, and reminding USCIS that an I-751 petition is pending could save you some time in the end by doing it both during the N-400 interview. Ultimately USCIS will do what USCIS does, but I don't think you have anything to lose if you mention it in your cover letter. You do you, obviously.

Thanks! I already did, so it is what it is. So all my friends who didnt mention it, but got citizenship approved, will have to deal with it later?

On 5/20/2024 at 7:59 PM, OldUser said:

Your mileage may vary. You can get RFEd on either I-751 / N-400 or both theoretically. You may be fine going without additional evidence and your spouse.

It's just like other things in life. You can do 85 mph on 65mph road and get away with it. Or you may be pulled by a cop.

I can only recommend the safest approach, which is following instructions to the t:

1) Come with the spouse

2) Bring all the evidence

3) Practice answers

The reason why I'm suggesting driving within the limit in this case is things get ugly quick if you get a strict officer. And you don't know who you're gonna get.

Fair. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Thanks! I already did, so it is what it is. So all my friends who didnt mention it, but got citizenship approved, will have to deal with it later?

No, their citizenship could have only been approved after their I-751 was approved. Again, the approval of your I-751 does not depend on you reminding USCIS that you have a petition pending, but it might help you avoid delays.

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.