Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

392 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, aay.k said:

Yes, I am applying through my spouse. I have had my green card for almost 15 years though. 

So 3 year rule? Why not under 5 year rule? Did you break continuous residence or physical presence? 5 year rule required less evidence and doesn't require proving bonafide marriage.

3 hours ago, OldUser said:

So 3 year rule? Why not under 5 year rule? Did you break continuous residence or physical presence? 5 year rule required less evidence and doesn't require proving bonafide marriage.

3 year rule. Correct!

No, I lived mostly in the US. 

On 5/13/2024 at 2:59 PM, stech786 said:

Any update on Oath ceremonies for this batch!

I’m still waiting too, and have no patience already. Are you in a big city - if you would like to share this information?

02/08/2019 - Package was received .

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 7:26 PM, OldUser said:

You need to bring everything assuming it will be combo I-751 and N-400 interview. 

What is everything other than the list we got for the 400? We wouldn't know what to bring for the 751 interview.

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

Posted (edited)

My husbands interview for citizenship is 6/17. We would like to try and go to england in june shortly after. Is there any reason after the interview that he cant travel on his 751 letter? he just cant travel outside the US if he has the oath ceremony and needs to apply for a passport.

Also, is there a place on visa journey to hear about their interview experience at certain offices? like chicago? i figured not but wanted to ask.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

My husbands interview for citizenship is 6/17. We would like to try and go to england in june shortly after. Is there any reason after the interview that he cant travel on his 751 letter? he just cant travel outside the US if he has the oath ceremony of course and needs to apply for passport.

I went on a cruise after the interview with my 751 letter and it was fine.

AOS (I-485, I-130 & I-765) - Mt Laurel, NJ 

11/05/2019 - Package mailed

11/06/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)

11/14/2019 - Received text message receipts (for the 3 forms)

11/15/2019 - Check cashed

11/18/2019 - Received hard copies of the NOAs (I-797C) for the 3 forms with a notice date of 11/13/2019

11/29/2019 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment on 12/13/2019 (notice date: 11/22/2019)

12/13/2019 - Biometrics done and case updated saying fingerprints were taken (text notification)

1/16/2020 - Case updated saying my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

2/13/2020 - Case updated saying interview was scheduled

2/14/2020 - Case updated saying EAD card is being produced

2/18/2020 - Case updated saying I-765 was approved (104 days)

2/19/2020 - Case updated saying EAD card was mailed

2/21/2020 - EAD card received & notice of approval / Interview notice received for 3/26/2020

3/18/2020 -  Case updated saying interview was canceled (COVID) and that a notice is going to be mailed         -         3/19/2020 - Case updated saying case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

7/9/2020 - Case updated saying interview was scheduled

7/14/2020 - Notice received dated 7/9 saying interview scheduled for 8/6/2020

8/6/2020 - Mt. Laurel office closed due to hurricane Isaias. Interview will be rescheduled

8/19/2020 - Notice received dated 8/17 saying interview scheduled for 9/21/2020

9/21/2020 (Day 321) - Interview completed. I-130 update ''Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed'' and I-485 update ''Interview was completed and your case must be reviewed'' and ''New card is being produced''

9/23/2020 - Update saying card was mailed to me / Update saying I-485 and I-130 are approved

9/26/2020 - Received Approval Notices for I-130 and I-485

9/28/2020 - GREEN CARD received (Day 328)

ROC (I-751)

05/31/2022 - Received I-797C Reminder to file Form I-751 (dated 05/26/2022) 

7/8/2022 - Package mailed

7/11/2022 - Package received

7/18/2022 - Received notice letter saying GC expiration is extended for 24 months

7/26/2022 - Case updated saying fingerprints were taken

3/25/2023 - Received notice letter saying GC expiration is extended for 48 months

4/16/2024 - Case transferred to another office

4/23/2024 - Case was approved

N-400 (Mt. Laurel, NJ)

10/26/2023 - Case was received

2/28/2024 - Interview scheduled for 4/15/2024

4/15/2024 - Interview completed

4/22/2024 - N-400 recommended for approval. Oath ceremony will be scheduled.

5/20/2024 - Oath ceremony scheduled for 6/25/24.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

What is everything other than the list we got for the 400? We wouldn't know what to bring for the 751 interview.

Bonafide marriage evidence:

- IDs / DLs with matching address

- Joint tax return transcripts

- Joint lease contract / mortgage statements

- Bank statements for joint checking, savings, brokerage, accounts

- Evidence of any other jointly owned assets - car title etc

- Utility bills showing both names

- Insurance policies (health, car, homeowners, renters etc) showing both names

- Birth certificates of kids born in this marriage

- Flight, hotel, cruise reservations with both names

- Photos with friends and family

- Joint memberships (Costco, gym, whatever else)

- Living wills listing each other

- Correspondence (letters, cards etc) addressed to both of you

- Any other evidence of bonafide marriage

Edited by OldUser

Posted (edited)

Hi all, I filed my N-400 application on 3/21/24 from Orlando (90 day rule, 3 years after GC). Case is still being actively reviewed. I'm at 60 days without an update on interview date. Let me know if we have folks here who received an interview notice 2 months after applying or later. Thanks!

Edited by SJ1989

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SJ1989 said:

Hi all, I filed my N-400 application on 3/21/24 from Orlando (90 day rule, 3 years after GC). Case is still being actively reviewed. I'm at 60 days without an update on interview date. Let me know if we have folks here who received an interview notice 2 months after applying or later. Thanks!

Hi, I filed on 03/04 (90-day rule, 3 years after GC) and I am still waiting for my interview to be scheduled as well. San Fernando Valley Field Office.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, OldUser said:

Bonafide marriage evidence:

- IDs / DLs with matching address

- Joint tax return transcripts

- Joint lease contract / mortgage statements

- Bank statements for joint checking, savings, brokerage, accounts

- Evidence of any other jointly owned assets - car title etc

- Utility bills showing both names

- Insurance policies (health, car, homeowners, renters etc) showing both names

- Birth certificates of kids born in this marriage

- Flight, hotel, cruise reservations with both names

- Photos with friends and family

- Joint memberships (Costco, gym, whatever else)

- Living wills listing each other

- Correspondence (letters, cards etc) addressed to both of you

- Any other evidence of bonafide marriage

i know people who were waiting on 751, applied for 400, didnt mention combo interview - and was fine/approved. so now we added all this work to our plate because we asked for a combo in our cover letter?

5 hours ago, SJ1989 said:

I've applied with 5 year rule in Austin, TX on 03/05. No news yet

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

i know people who were waiting on 751, applied for 400, didnt mention combo interview - and was fine/approved. so now we added all this work to our plate because we asked for a combo in our cover letter?

All this work was added due to filing for N-400 under 3 year rule, which has the same bonafide marriage criteria as I-751. Add to that undecided I-751 and you have two reasons for bringing updated evidence to the interview. You simply can't know for sure whether your I-751 would be sitting for another year without movement, would you not applied for N-400. The choice whether to bring additional evidence or not is up to you. You may find that when you bring this evidence you won't get asked for anything from the pile of evidence. You may also find, if you bring very little you can get grilled and scrutinized more than usual. You can read VJ and conclude people who take N-400 lightly regret it because they get RFEs and stressful interviews, while others who prepare seriously for it, describe the interview as the easiest part of immigration process. Make sure your US citizen spouse attends. Good luck!

Edited by OldUser

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, OldUser said:

All this work was added due to filing for N-400 under 3 year rule, which has the same bonafide marriage criteria as I-751. Add to that undecided I-751 and you have two reasons for bringing updated evidence to the interview. You simply can't know for sure whether your I-751 would be sitting for another year without movement, would you not applied for N-400. The choice whether to bring additional evidence or not is up to you. You may find that when you bring this evidence you won't get asked for anything from the pile of evidence. You may also find, if you bring very little you can get grilled and scrutinized more than usual. You can read VJ and conclude people who take N-400 lightly regret it because they get RFEs and stressful interviews, while others who prepare seriously for it, describe the interview as the easiest part of immigration process. Make sure your US citizen spouse attends. Good luck!

what im trying to say is i have two friends who just went through on the interview (this month), applied on 3 year rule, and didnt mention combo interview - therefore, didnt bring any evidence other than what is on the 400 list. I would predict most people apply for citizenship asap in the 3 year rule, and i was advised to do the combo knowing the estimated approval is spring 2025. my husbands interview is scheduled so we didnt get any RFE's and we never have. you mean RFE's on the 751- and they would tell us in person? my friend went this month in chicago without her husband and she was completely fine. i guess it depends on city/person interviewing. Sounds like just asking for citizenship and not the combo interview would have been better.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

what im trying to say is i have two friends who just went through on the interview (this month), applied on 3 year rule, and didnt mention combo interview - therefore, didnt bring any evidence other than what is on the 400 list. I would predict most people apply for citizenship asap in the 3 year rule, and i was advised to do the combo knowing the estimated approval is spring 2025. my husbands interview is scheduled so we didnt get any RFE's and we never have. you mean RFE's on the 751- and they would tell us in person? my friend went this month in chicago without her husband and she was completely fine. i guess it depends on city/person interviewing. Sounds like just asking for citizenship and not the combo interview would have been better.

I believe the thinking here is that the N-400 CANNOT be approved without the I-751 being approved, and reminding USCIS that an I-751 petition is pending could save you some time in the end by doing it both during the N-400 interview. Ultimately USCIS will do what USCIS does, but I don't think you have anything to lose if you mention it in your cover letter. You do you, obviously.

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.