18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone,  I need help please. After getting my work permit,  my wife has refused to work. I pay all the bills, I have a discussion with her but she said doesn't like to work. I have never hear that before in my life. Now, I saw on her phone, she is already talking to a guy and I saw another text messages telling her mother I am just a baby sitter for her kids and that she will leave me soon. I worked 12 hrs Monday to Friday to be able to pay the bills.  All she is complaining about is sex, that I only have Saturday and Sunday to stay at home and all I could do is sleep and I don't have much time for her. After working 12hrs for 5days, I think I need some rest but my wife is not reasonable and I told her she needs to work so that she can help with bills and that will give me the opportunity to reduce my hours at work and spend more time with her. Now I can tell by what I saw on her phone, she is planning to leave.  She told her mother I am selfish and she will leave soon and am just a baby sitter for her kids and I saw she talking to another man already.  I have record of all am saying. Alot is going on with me, this is a lady I have done so much for and I can't believe she said am just a baby sitter and she is already talking to a man. What can I do please 😔.  I need help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry to hear you are going through this.  It is unfortunate how some people treat others they professed to love and even went through the process of immigration to get that person here, only to show their true self later.

That being said, where are you in the AOS process I.e. when did you file, have there been any RFE’s, have you had an interview, etc.?  If this is a toxic relationship, make sure you document everything, and make sure you keep your documents safe. Has your wife been threatening your immigration process?   Beyond that, you need to decide where this relationship is headed, and determine the best course for you.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Sorry to hear you are going through this.  It is unfortunate how some people treat others they professed to love and even went through the process of immigration to get that person here, only to show their true self later.

That being said, where are you in the AOS process I.e. when did you file, have there been any RFE’s, have you had an interview, etc.?  If this is a toxic relationship, make sure you document everything, and make sure you keep your documents safe. Has your wife been threatening your immigration process?   Beyond that, you need to decide where this relationship is headed, and determine the best course for you.

Good Luck!

Thank you Dashinka. Yes, they requested for rfe a Month after we file and it been submitted and received by uscis and 8 months after the submission we got work authorization but we haven't been called for interview.  I have enough document with me. We file our taxes together last year, lease agreement,  insurance and more. Is there anything I can do. Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes To Immigration Benefits***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Op is the beneficiary.

Yes, I am the beneficiary and my wife is the petitioner.  She is the one filling for me but the marriage is toxic at the moment.  I need help

21 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

***Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes To Immigration Benefits***

As a beneficiary,  how will that affect my immigration case and how will I go about it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, kunleP said:

Yes, I am the beneficiary and my wife is the petitioner.  She is the one filling for me but the marriage is toxic at the moment.  I need help

As a beneficiary,  how will that affect my immigration case and how will I go about it

2 hours ago, kunleP said:

Thank you Dashinka. Yes, they requested for rfe a Month after we file and it been submitted and received by uscis and 8 months after the submission we got work authorization but we haven't been called for interview.  I have enough document with me. We file our taxes together last year, lease agreement,  insurance and more. Is there anything I can do. Thank you 

The main impact to you from an immigration standpoint is your wife as the USC/petitioner can withdraw her I864 from your AOS package.  This is why I asked where you are in the process.  If your spouse does do that, then your basis for adjusting status goes away, and by extension your EAD card becomes void.  If you are abused you may be able to refile using a VAWA waiver of which I am not very familiar with, but there are some fairly extension threads here (see below) with members that are quite knowledgeable.  If your spouse does not withdraw the I864, then at the interview time, you will have to convince the interviewing officer that you are in a solid relationship with your spouse.

Here are a few links that may be helpful, and keep in mind that even though VAWA is named "violence against women act", it is not just women that can use this option.

Good Luck!

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/applying_for_aos_through_vawa_june_2021.pdf

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I initially read it that the OP is the USC.

On what basis are you adjusting? A K1.

Presumably there is a Joint Sponsor mind you surprised anyone would want to in this situation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I initially read it that the OP is the USC.

On what basis are you adjusting? A K1.

Presumably there is a Joint Sponsor mind you surprised anyone would want to in this situation.

Am adjusting base on student visa

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

The main impact to you from an immigration standpoint is your wife as the USC/petitioner can withdraw her I864 from your AOS package.  This is why I asked where you are in the process.  If your spouse does do that, then your basis for adjusting status goes away, and by extension your EAD card becomes void.  If you are abused you may be able to refile using a VAWA waiver of which I am not very familiar with, but there are some fairly extension threads here (see below) with members that are quite knowledgeable.  If your spouse does not withdraw the I864, then at the interview time, you will have to convince the interviewing officer that you are in a solid relationship with your spouse.

Here are a few links that may be helpful, and keep in mind that even though VAWA is named "violence against women act", it is not just women that can use this option.

Good Luck!

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/applying_for_aos_through_vawa_june_2021.pdf

Thanks for your contribution 👍 

What status did you adjust from? It is kind of strange that the US citizen would go through all this effort of filing for the AOS and pay for all the fees etc. for a ‘babysitter’, especially since you mention that you work all day. 

How and when did you and your wife start your relationship and marriage? 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 minutes ago, kunleP said:

Am adjusting base on student visa

That makes sense, I would have a plan B are your still in F1 status, are you working on EAD or OPT?

6 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

What status did you adjust from? It is kind of strange that the US citizen would go through all this effort of filing for the AOS and pay for all the fees etc. for a ‘babysitter’, especially since you mention that you work all day. 

How and when did you and your wife start your relationship and marriage? 

And be the Sponsor with all that involves.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.