HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,571 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Drbayode said:

She complained bitterly

You were prepared and quick on the draw with your phone and digital accessโ€ฆ

What is unusual is for her to actually conduct the I-751 and waive your wifeโ€™s presence.

Routinely they will just say , ok you passed N-400 but must wait I-751 decision then either approve it after orย leave it lingering .

Lady Luck smiled on you. Congratulationsย 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Family said:

You were prepared and quick on the draw with your phone and digital accessโ€ฆ

What is unusual is for her to actually conduct the I-751 and waive your wifeโ€™s presence.

Routinely they will just say , ok you passed N-400 but must wait I-751 decision then either approve it after orย leave it lingering .

Lady Luck smiled on you. Congratulationsย 

One thing i noticed after filling the I-751 jointly was the fact that every correspondence after filling to remove condition came addressedย to only me as opposed to both of us since we both signed the letter typed up to support the I-751 application. Did i file to remove condition single handedly? or the center is different! Luck smiled on me for sure and put all the guess work to rest. Thank you for the congratulations.

23 hours ago, Drbayode said:

I dug up info about how they adjudicate combo applications and i assumed a combo based on my findings. However, the interviewer was shocked when i walked in without my spouse. She told me that without passing the removal of condition interview(I-751) i would not be able to do the N-400 Citizenship interview. I saw both files on her table with red pen marks on every page and several sticky notes. My I-751 interview was pending interview since October 2021. I submitted N-400 December 2021. The interview letter only specified N-400 citizenship. I was not instructed. After the I-751 interview, she congratulated me and we moved to the citizenship interview(2 parts). Total time of about 1 hr.

Do they not conduct the i751 part involving the spouse? What if one was to just show up expecting an n400 when they really want to do both without clear prior instructions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, theblooray said:

Do they not conduct the i751 part involving the spouse? What if one was to just show up expecting an n400 when they really want to do both without clear prior instructions?

No prior instructions that the two interviews might be conducted on the same day. You have to prepare for both. I did mine without my spouse. It could be dependent on the story of the applicant or the center.

Hi, went for our Combo Interview on 11/9/2022 , Officer was nice and asked me that I am the spouse and took us to his office. He said he will do the things for I-751 , he did not asked for any thing beside verifying the details and the signatures on the I-751 application form, he asked us about a missing document and he scanned , I asked him that we have more recent documents, he touched our file and said enough already there in our file then he said I am approving it put that approved seal stamped on the front page of that original file. Then he start asking civic questions , reading and writing and went through those yes no form questions, he gave us that pass test paper with decision can not be made and sent you decision in the mail, while he was taking us to see off at the gate he shocked us to say that I have to go through your physical presence days to recalculate I want to make sure, as soon asย ย we got to our house received Text about I-751 approval and new card production and then latter denial decision text about N-400, letter was also there on our USCIS account, we called our Attorney and he apologized for his mistake in the days counts. He said I have toย  refile N-400 and he did on the same day of our Interview, biometrics are reused , case is being actively reviewed now since 11/10/2022. What a story, still wait is going on, now hoping a quick interview again at Houston , TX office.

On 11/10/2022 at 3:59 PM, Drbayode said:

No prior instructions that the two interviews might be conducted on the same day. You have to prepare for both. I did mine without my spouse. It could be dependent on the story of the applicant or the center.

When your I-751 is pending and you have filed N-400 then Interview letter will not mention any combo thing but always assume that will be combo interview because without ROC approval they will not approve N-400. we just had that experience on 11/9/2022.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 9:52 AM, chui84 said:

I'm located in Houston Txย  so ceremony was at the USCIS building:

ย 810 Gears Rdย Houston, TX 77067

1.Arived 3o minutes before appt Time
2.Lined up to enter building for security Check
3.Lined up again to confirm appt letter was filled in correctly and signed. Chair number written on appointment letter.
4.Sat down and an officer came by for 2nd check and signing of document and asked to see my Previous EAD's, Green cards etc.
5.Went into the room where Oath was to take place---Each chair has 2 envelopsย ....1 has a letter from current President congratulating you.
ย  ย  2nd Envelope has oath of allegiance, American Flag and passport Application Form and Voter registration card.
6.Waited to be called and submit Appointment letter and GC's, EAD etc.
7.Explained what the next process was going to beย 
8.Oath of Allegiance wasย  recited by Officerย 
9.Explained about passport application
10.Waited to be issued certificate of naturalization-----Please confirm before leaving as they van make correction free while onsite. Once you leave its going toย  cost you.
ย 
since we were 120 people it took about 2 hrs.

Hey, my oath is coming up this Saturday at the same Greens Rd USCIS office. Did they allow any family members to join during the ceremony?ย 

On 11/14/2022 at 5:17 PM, Butterfly2 said:

Hi, went for our Combo Interview on 11/9/2022 , Officer was nice and asked me that I am the spouse and took us to his office. He said he will do the things for I-751 , he did not asked for any thing beside verifying the details and the signatures on the I-751 application form, he asked us about a missing document and he scanned , I asked him that we have more recent documents, he touched our file and said enough already there in our file then he said I am approving it put that approved seal stamped on the front page of that original file. Then he start asking civic questions , reading and writing and went through those yes no form questions, he gave us that pass test paper with decision can not be made and sent you decision in the mail, while he was taking us to see off at the gate he shocked us to say that I have to go through your physical presence days to recalculate I want to make sure, as soon asย ย we got to our house received Text about I-751 approval and new card production and then latter denial decision text about N-400, letter was also there on our USCIS account, we called our Attorney and he apologized for his mistake in the days counts. He said I have toย  refile N-400 and he did on the same day of our Interview, biometrics are reused , case is being actively reviewed now since 11/10/2022. What a story, still wait is going on, now hoping a quick interview again at Houston , TX office.

Dear Butterfly2 Be assured that delay is not denial! It will still be! Your day is coming fast.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜Š

Guys, please whatโ€™s the actual timeline for the Houston office? Is it fast or slow? I know someone who isnโ€™t on this forum applied for N-400 in May and got interviewed in September same year 2022. Houston office. I hope for a quick one as well!๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ

On 12/7/2022 at 1:07 PM, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Guys, please whatโ€™s the actual timeline for the Houston office? Is it fast or slow? I know someone who isnโ€™t on this forum applied for N-400 in May and got interviewed in September same year 2022. Houston office. I hope for a quick one as well!๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ

Original i751 file date: 08/09/21

N400 file date: 08/01/22

N400 interview scheduled: 11/09/22 for December 13 2022

USCIS I751 case inquiry filed: 10/25/22

Case inquiry response: 5/12/22 confirming combo interview. Field office is Houston.

2 hours ago, theblooray said:

Original i751 file date: 08/09/21

N400 file date: 08/01/22

N400 interview scheduled: 11/09/22 for December 13 2022

USCIS I751 case inquiry filed: 10/25/22

Case inquiry response: 5/12/22 confirming combo interview. Field office is Houston.

Thanks for the dialogue ๐Ÿค— was beginning to think it would remain a monologueโ€ฆlol! Also this is super fast, looks like Houston is winning ๐Ÿ† just sent in my paper ๐Ÿ“„ package and next day cash was taken for the fees. Hopefully I get a receipt notice ๐Ÿ”œ I hope you get approved next tomorrow the 13th. Canโ€™t wait to hear your good news! Thanks once again.๐Ÿค

On 12/7/2022 at 1:02 PM, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Dear Butterfly2 Be assured that delay is not denial! It will still be! Your day is coming fast.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for your kind thoughts!

ย 

On 12/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Thanks for the dialogue ๐Ÿค— was beginning to think it would remain a monologueโ€ฆlol! Also this is super fast, looks like Houston is winning ๐Ÿ† just sent in my paper ๐Ÿ“„ package and next day cash was taken for the fees. Hopefully I get a receipt notice ๐Ÿ”œ I hope you get approved next tomorrow the 13th. Canโ€™t wait to hear your good news! Thanks once again.๐Ÿค

Good luck to you.

My wife's time line , Houston,TX

N-400 filed online 11/10/2022

Biometric reusedย  11/10/2022, USCIS is actively reviewing since.

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.