Hypnos

N-400 Dallas, TX Filers (Merged Threads)

1,065 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ouryear said:

Hello! New Dallas filer here. Just submitted on January 6th,2020. Given a 13 month estimated wait, so guess it’s time to just sit back and wait. Out of curiosity, do the wait times typically move faster than the original estimates?

Yes, the estimates are generally longer than your actual resolution date....unless you fall into the USCIS black hole.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/12/2020 at 9:17 AM, JeanF said:

Do a walk-in, it’ll be better if she can provide proof of the conflict as well.

Thanks!

On 1/11/2020 at 2:27 AM, Vawaonehi said:

Just walk in especially in the afternoon. If they cant allow u they may tell you to come the next day but they allow early walk in. You don't need to show any proof or documents except word of mouth and ur biometric notice. Good luck

Thanks!

I-130 Processed at USCIS

========================

12/17/2011 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

12/20/2011 : I-130 NOA1

05/11/2012 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

===

05/28/2012 : Received at NVC

06/11/2012 : Case number issued by NVC

06/11/2012 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent Email Sent to NVC

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Issued

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Paid

06/14/2012 : AOS Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/14/2012 : AOS Package Mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 : AOS Package Delivered to NVC

06/19/2012 : DS-3032 Accepted

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Issued

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Paid

06/21/2012 : IV Package Mailed to NVC

06/22/2012 : IV Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/22/2012 : IV Package Delivered to NVC

06/25/2012 : AOS Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : IV Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : Case Complete at NVC

08/01/2012 : Interview Date Assigned and Case Forwarded from NVC to Mumbai Consulate

09/07/2012 : Interview at Mumbai Consulate (Result: Approved!)

09/11/2012 : Received Visa in Mail at home

09/22/2012 : POE at Houston, TX (IAH)

Filed: Other Timeline

Looks like my details have been dropped from the original spreadsheet. I have applied on june 22nd 2019, Dallas FO. Case status shows interview scheduled. Waiting for the details.

Which office will i have the interview? Oath ceremony will be at Plano event centre?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ouryear said:

Hello! New Dallas filer here. Just submitted on January 6th,2020. Given a 13 month estimated wait, so guess it’s time to just sit back and wait. Out of curiosity, do the wait times typically move faster than the original estimates?

Yes. Provided u filed ur form properly with all needed documents so they dont start asking you for anything extra later

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Vawaonehi said:

Yes. Provided u filed ur form properly with all needed documents so they dont start asking you for anything extra later

4 hours ago, Amhara said:

Yes, the estimates are generally longer than your actual resolution date....unless you fall into the USCIS black hole.

What's an average wait time for Dallas filers (considering you submitted all documents and no issues or RFE in the application)?

I-130 Processed at USCIS

========================

12/17/2011 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

12/20/2011 : I-130 NOA1

05/11/2012 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

===

05/28/2012 : Received at NVC

06/11/2012 : Case number issued by NVC

06/11/2012 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent Email Sent to NVC

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Issued

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Paid

06/14/2012 : AOS Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/14/2012 : AOS Package Mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 : AOS Package Delivered to NVC

06/19/2012 : DS-3032 Accepted

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Issued

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Paid

06/21/2012 : IV Package Mailed to NVC

06/22/2012 : IV Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/22/2012 : IV Package Delivered to NVC

06/25/2012 : AOS Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : IV Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : Case Complete at NVC

08/01/2012 : Interview Date Assigned and Case Forwarded from NVC to Mumbai Consulate

09/07/2012 : Interview at Mumbai Consulate (Result: Approved!)

09/11/2012 : Received Visa in Mail at home

09/22/2012 : POE at Houston, TX (IAH)

15 minutes ago, sunshine_84 said:

What's an average wait time for Dallas filers (considering you submitted all documents and no issues or RFE in the application)?

I believe the OP means the estimate from the USCIS login case page.  It populates one based in your case filed date.

Signature coming soon...

3 hours ago, Myrna87 said:

Looks like my details have been dropped from the original spreadsheet. I have applied on june 22nd 2019, Dallas FO. Case status shows interview scheduled. Waiting for the details.

Which office will i have the interview? Oath ceremony will be at Plano event centre?

Mail received today. Interview scheduled for Feb 7th Irving office.  

Everyone in dallas will have oath ceremony at Plano event center? 

Edited by Myrna87

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/14/2019 at 4:44 PM, mymercy said:

I went in for my interview today with my family at Dallas Field Office and it was a combo.

The officer was a good example of kindness and friendliness :) 

She started with the i-751 interview but it's just basically confirming everything I had on the form were correct and didn't even ask my wife any question but we were all discussing about some new homes in our area.

Then, to the N400. She started with the reading and writing test.

Read: Who elect Congress

Write: The people elect the Congress

1. Who's the president of United State

2. What even happened in September 9, 2001

3. Name one of the two longest river in US

4.Why the colonies fought the British

5. One thing you do when you become a US Cititzen

6. Name one state that borders Mexico.

Then we went through the yes/no questions ... I own tax and I showed her evidence of auto payment plan of $500 monthly;

I signed couple of docs on the ipad screen and that was it ... she said congratulations.

They stopped having the oath ceremony in their office and now using an event centre ... I got notice that a oath ceremony mail has been sent but it's not yet on my online account. 

Anyone with the idea of how long it takes before your oath ceremony letter shows up on your online account?

What even happened September/9/2001?

On 12/3/2019 at 9:18 PM, Hector2323 said:

Hello guys I just checked my online account and I'm schedule for my oath ceremony December 16 at 7:30am

Hi Did you have interview at Irving office? Can we take cellphone inside? How long after your interview did you receive the Oath?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Myrna87 said:

Hi Did you have interview at Irving office? Can we take cellphone inside? How long after your interview did you receive the Oath?

Yes you can take your cell phone just keep it on silent.........and I got my oath 10 days after my interview was done 

11 minutes ago, Hector2323 said:

Yes you can take your cell phone just keep it on silent.........and I got my oath 10 days after my interview was done 

Thank you.At the interview did they ask you to show the tax documents?

Timeline
Just now, Myrna87 said:

Thank you.At the interview did they ask you to show the tax documents?

They did not I had submitted all tax docs when I applied .....but if you got interview after you filed this year tax return you have to take it I still took 3 years of tax returns

1 minute ago, Hector2323 said:

They did not I had submitted all tax docs when I applied .....but if you got interview after you filed this year tax return you have to take it I still took 3 years of tax returns

I did not submit my tax documents when i applied. My interview is on feb 7th if i get my w2 before that i will file tax return. I am applying under 5 year residency and i did not work for one year for which i dont have tax paper i am little bit worried about it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Myrna87 said:

I did not submit my tax documents when i applied. My interview is on feb 7th if i get my w2 before that i will file tax return. I am applying under 5 year residency and i did not work for one year for which i dont have tax paper i am little bit worried about it.

As long as you submit this year's tax return I think you will be ok I mean about last years tax I'm not sure what they ask but just take what you have and explain they will under stand they are real nice best experience 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.