Rearviewmirror

N-400 January 2024 filers

504 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stein said:

Just received notice on th USICS site that my wife' interview was scheduled for May 20.  Lucky timing because we leave for vacation May 23 for 8 days.  We filed 1/25 which was right at the 90 days before 3 years.

Congrats! What's your FO? 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

On 4/4/2024 at 10:34 AM, Lanzoni said:

This morning I had my naturalization interview in Houston. I just wanted to share my experience. The appointment was at 10:10am and I was at the door at 9:50am when I was asked for the appointment notice. I went through security and when I was putting my belt back I heard an officer shout my name on the hallway. He then rapidly conducted me inside his room down the hallway. The only documents he asked for were my passport, my driver’s license and my LPR card. He started with the civics questions, which he probably stopped before 10. It seems like he was typing my questions. Then he asked me to read one sentence and to write another sentence in his tablet, after spending a minute or two to make it work. Then he asked me if I support the constitution and some other questions after that in the form, including if I understood the oath and its requirements. Then he asked me to confirm some personal information in the tablet. At that point he already had the results form filled out and ready to hand it to me, which he did right after that. The officer seemed to be in a rush and at some point mumbled something about something going on over there at 10am. He said I should be getting the appointment in the mail. I asked if there’s a way to expedite due to urgent family matters back home and he said that he can’t do anything about it. I’d say the whole thing lasted 15-20 minutes. Let me know if y’all have any questions. 

Congratulations…. I have interview today

Interview passed, took around 10-15 mins.

Oath scheduled for tomorrow at the Tampa USCIS office. They had ceremonies today so I kind of hoped I could get it done. 24 hour wait is good though.

Edited by NotworkSte

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

09-05-09 - I130 Approved (CSC)

12-09-09 - Case Completed (NVC)

01-08-10 - Approved (LND)

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-10-12 - Filed I-751, VT Service Center

01-17-12 - NOA1

02-08-12 - Biometrics at Alexandria, Va

10-04-12 - RFE

11-16-12 - Sent additional evidence (5.5lbs of evidence!)

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

For those who finished their a combo interview, did you take two photocopies of each evidence (one for I-751 and one for N-400) in case they ask for it?

Or did you just take all the originals that were submitted as photocopies/ e-copies during both applications? I compiled a list here:

46 minutes ago, samdog said:

For those who finished their a combo interview, did you take two photocopies of each evidence (one for I-751 and one for N-400) in case they ask for it?

Or did you just take all the originals that were submitted as photocopies/ e-copies during both applications? I compiled a list here:

Always take originals of documents to the interview. 

When filing the forms, copies are OK unless it's a document that you can get many copies of easily (certified marriage certificate, bank statements etc).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, OldUser said:

When filing the forms, copies are OK unless it's a document that you can get many copies of easily (certified marriage certificate, bank statements etc).

Pff that marriage certificate costs like $30 with shipping. They get a copy 😅

8 hours ago, OldUser said:

You both missed my point entirely.......

Of course I am taking originals of everything (passports, GC, EAD, birth certificates etc.) - my intention of making that comment was to ask whether I should take two COPIES of each of the originals in case they ask for separate ones for I-751 and N-400.

25 minutes ago, samdog said:

Of course I am taking originals of everything (passports, GC, EAD, birth certificates etc.) - my intention of making that comment was to ask whether I should take two COPIES of each of the originals in case they ask for separate ones for I-751 and N-400.

I would only take one copy, but it's your call. I typically like being bullet proof, but two copies feel like an overkill. You have one alien file in the system, I'm sure they can share this evidence?

Others can suggest.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, samdog said:

Just take one copy. If you’ve uploaded the documents to the USCIS website you’re fine just taking originals too. They should have the copies on file. 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

I’m all finished. N400 was by far easiest and fastest part of the journey. Had oath ceremony today in Tampa.

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

09-05-09 - I130 Approved (CSC)

12-09-09 - Case Completed (NVC)

01-08-10 - Approved (LND)

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-10-12 - Filed I-751, VT Service Center

01-17-12 - NOA1

02-08-12 - Biometrics at Alexandria, Va

10-04-12 - RFE

11-16-12 - Sent additional evidence (5.5lbs of evidence!)

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.