Blueeyes1989

N-400 December 2023 Filers

386 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Khufu61 said:

Just say, "Info Pass". And you'll get a live agent.

Thanks! Managed to talk to someone who is as very friendly but pretty much just read the text of the cancelation letter to me. Hoping that they’ll reschedule soon - would be good to get this over with 

citizen here :)

passed my test and interview on 5/9 and have to go back for oath on 5/20.

the test itself was really not that bad, but he asked me how i came to the us, so i told him with the k1 visa

so he asked me a bunch of things about my marriage and divorce, and my ex husband, and since my guts told me, i just brought my pile of evidence from my divorce documents (150+ pages of him cheating...) and told him that i would not see this as fixable, and that i decided it would be better for me to separate from him and get a divorce. he was shaking his head while reading through these pages and asked me a few additional things like where he works, how old his son is, how i feel today about him.... then he asked me about my life, where i work, how long i've worked there, what i like about my life here (i said i became a single fostermama and just got the great news that i will adopt my current babyboy within the next 6-12 months) and he asked for some photos of him. 

he started writing some stuff on his paper and then said i should wait outside, a lady would come and call my name to let me know when i have to come back. i'm like back for another interview? and he's like no for your oath! so i said oh wait so i passed? he said oh yeah congrats :) haha

it was pretty easy and besides the 2 hours drive really not a big deal. i wish they would have done the same day oath to save that 4 hour travel time but oh well. 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

citizen here :)

passed my test and interview on 5/9 and have to go back for oath on 5/20.

the test itself was really not that bad, but he asked me how i came to the us, so i told him with the k1 visa

so he asked me a bunch of things about my marriage and divorce, and my ex husband, and since my guts told me, i just brought my pile of evidence from my divorce documents (150+ pages of him cheating...) and told him that i would not see this as fixable, and that i decided it would be better for me to separate from him and get a divorce. he was shaking his head while reading through these pages and asked me a few additional things like where he works, how old his son is, how i feel today about him.... then he asked me about my life, where i work, how long i've worked there, what i like about my life here (i said i became a single fostermama and just got the great news that i will adopt my current babyboy within the next 6-12 months) and he asked for some photos of him. 

he started writing some stuff on his paper and then said i should wait outside, a lady would come and call my name to let me know when i have to come back. i'm like back for another interview? and he's like no for your oath! so i said oh wait so i passed? he said oh yeah congrats :) haha

it was pretty easy and besides the 2 hours drive really not a big deal. i wish they would have done the same day oath to save that 4 hour travel time but oh well. 

That is awesome!!! Congratulations to you. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 hours ago, mattguk said:

Thanks! Managed to talk to someone who is as very friendly but pretty much just read the text of the cancelation letter to me. Hoping that they’ll reschedule soon - would be good to get this over with 

Cool....I agree, it's time to finish this process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview in Charleston today… I got approved!!! 😃 So relieved!!! It went so smoothly. 
Now just have to wait for the oath ceremony to be scheduled!! They already updated my case online - so quick!! 

IMG_8508.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed as the Poster replied in the wrong thread. Another post removed for quoting.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone!!! I am here ready for my interview in a few minutes!!! So grateful for this moment. Hoping I am able to get same day Oath.

All the best.

Edited by Lynni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know the estimated timeline on the USCIS is always wrong, but my countdown is down to 8 days left of processing. I really am hoping its correct because like all you y'all i'm sick and tired of this process!!! 

Anyone else in the Orlando area going through the same thing?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Anyone from DFW still waiting? My estimated timeline says 26 days but from past experience, I know that's not reliable.

N-400:

12/27/2023 - Received receipt notice and biometric reuse notice. Estimated processing time: 6 months

12/27/2023 - Submitted N-400 online

I-751:

January 2023 - Submitted I-751 via mail

AOS (I-130 & I-485)  from H-1B, based on marriage to a USC:

3/18/2021 - Card delivered! 
3/18/2021
- Card mailed 
3/16/2021
- Approved
3/15/2021 - New card ordered
3/9/2021 - Interview completed and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. (I had to go in with some updated and signed medical form as something was missing in the initially submitted form and they gave me an appointment for the following week)
1/22/2021 - Scheduled interview
1/19/2021 - Ready to schedule for interview

1/15/2021 (1 year and 2 months!) - Case status changed to interview cancelled! :(

12/9/2021 (1 year and 1 month) - Case status changed to interview scheduled

1/21/2020 (Day 73) - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

12/12/2019 (Day 33) - Biometrics Appointment. Case status online updated to fingerprints received.

12/6/2019 (Day 27) - Called USCIS customer care and received an email copy of biometrics notice as I had misplaced the original one

11/22/2019 (Day 20) - Received biometrics notice letter for 12/12 biometrics appointment (No status changes in online USCIS case trackers)

11/18/2019 (Day 9) - USCIS charged credit card. Received text notifications from USCIS with case number (Checked case numbers to see following statuses: 11/12 - Case was received, 11/18 - Fingerprint fee was received)

11/10/2019 (Day 1) - USPS notification of delivery to USCIS
11/8/2019 - Sent application via USPS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Ashley Marin said:

Anyone from DFW still waiting? My estimated timeline says 26 days but from past experience, I know that's not reliable.

I'm in Dallas, I applied back in December and still nothing. Their timeline estimate doesn't work at all

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Journeyover said:

Interview passed!!! Oath ceremony is at 11:30am🙏

IMG_3145.jpeg

Congrats 🎉 

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.