powerpuff

I-751 December 2023 Filers

62 posts in this topic

Starting a December 2023 ROC thread. Please share your progress and your timeline.

11/30: Delivered to Elgin, IL lockbox 

I’m anticipating a delay in text/check cashing/NOA1 due to a possible backlog after thanksgiving but who knows.

Edited by powerpuff

I think I underestimated USCIS 🤭 

I received a text today with the case # and the received date is November 30 so I’m technically a November filer.

I’ll still be checking on this thread.

Hello,

December 2023 ROC filer here. Our UPS tracking information is below. Sent to Tempe, AZ, UPS lockbox. No text update yet.

------------------

Delivered On
Wednesday, December 06 at 9:23 A.M. at Dock

Delivered To
TEMPE, AZ US

Received By:
MILLER

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/01/2023 - Application sent to Tempe, AZ lockbox
  2. 12/06/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  4. 12/22/2023 - I-797C notice recieved giving access to 48 months extension letter online.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thought I would jump in here as an ROC filer

11/29 Filed

12/4 Received at Tempe, AZ lockbox

12/8 Check cashed

Wife is visiting family at the moment so I will have to wait to see if she got a text or email confirmation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 12/8/2023 at 5:23 AM, Danmuji said:

Hello,

December 2023 ROC filer here. Our UPS tracking information is below. Sent to Tempe, AZ, UPS lockbox. No text update yet.

------------------

Delivered On
Wednesday, December 06 at 9:23 A.M. at Dock

Delivered To
TEMPE, AZ US

Received By:
MILLER

Same same. Delivered on the same day, same lockbox, same status - no text update yet.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

December I751 filer here. Here is my timeline so far:

12/4 - Mailed to Elgin, IL lockbox

12/7 - Application was delivered to Elgin, IL lockbox

No other update yet.

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/04/2023 - Application sent to USCIS Elgin, IL lockbox
  2. 12/07/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  4. 12/13/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  6. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the bio-metric re-use notification
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

Timeline

Received the uscis text message today stating the case was received. Have a IOE case number.

RoC Timeline:

3. 12/12/2023 - Received "Your case received" text message from USCIS. Receiipt # starts with IOE
  5. 12/19/2023 - Received in mail the I797 with the receipt number and the online access code
  7. 12/21/2023 - Received in mail the I797 NoA extending my green card by 48 months

21 minutes ago, Ashtim said:

So how long is taking to receive 10 years green card 

Few years. Some get it in 3-6 months, but that's a minority.

23 minutes ago, Ashtim said:

or extension letter now ?

2-6 weeks after filing.

24 minutes ago, Ashtim said:

What if both not received till the expiration date of present green card ? 

You remain LPR, just don't have a proof of status. You cannot easily travel outside the US as boarding a plane becomes an issue.

At that point, you need to report non delivery of notice here - https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do; jsessionid=08E5FD1FD9BC*****************6F3?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

You may also contact USCIS by phone asking for InfoPass. This would allow you to get an ADIT stamp in passport for 1 year as proof of status. It's valid for international travel and other things.

2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Few years. Some get it in 3-6 months, but that's a minority.

2-6 weeks after filing.

You remain LPR, just don't have a proof of status. You cannot easily travel outside the US as boarding a plane becomes an issue.

At that point, you need to report non delivery of notice here - https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do; jsessionid=08E5FD1FD9BC*****************6F3?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

You may also contact USCIS by phone asking for InfoPass. This would allow you to get an ADIT stamp in passport for 1 year as proof of status. It's valid for international travel and other things.

Thank you much !! 

Timeline

Check was cashed yesterday. Bank website does not show any image of the check and says "No image is available for this check because it was processed by the merchant as an electronic transaction".

RoC Timeline:

29 minutes ago, nendu said:

Check was cashed yesterday. Bank website does not show any image of the check and says "No image is available for this check because it was processed by the merchant as an electronic transaction".

Check cashed 12/12 with Department of Homeland security stamp on the check w/ IOE number on the check

But no txt update

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/01/2023 - Application sent to Tempe, AZ lockbox
  2. 12/06/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  4. 12/22/2023 - I-797C notice recieved giving access to 48 months extension letter online.

December I-751 filer - adding my husband’s dates:

12/11: Mailed application via UPS to Elgin, IL lockbox

12/13: I-751 delivered to Elgin lockbox 

No text update yet and still waiting for check to be cashed. 

5 hours ago, TF257384 said:

December I-751 filer - adding my husband’s dates:

12/11: Mailed application via UPS to Elgin, IL lockbox

12/13: I-751 delivered to Elgin lockbox 

No text update yet and still waiting for check to be cashed. 

same … but sent a money order.. no text update. Can a money order be tracked ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 12/9/2023 at 7:03 PM, Azsxd said:

Same same. Delivered on the same day, same lockbox, same status - no text update yet.

More updates on the timeline:

12/6: Package delivered at Tempe, AZ

12/11: Text message received "Your case was received with receipt #"

12/13: Check cashed

12/14: Receipt notice with extension available online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.