mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

448 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2023 at 8:41 AM, mw & rg k1 said:

Certified copy of Marriage License or Certificate

Just curious, why do so many people say that the certified copy is necessary and/or include it? The I-485 instructions specifically states:

If you are filing Form I-485 as the derivative applicant spouse of the principal applicant, you generally must submit a photocopy of your marriage certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority where the marriage took place.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/21/2023 at 11:48 AM, badwolfxi said:

Is that all the letter said? They didn't mention anything specific that you missed?

It gave quite a list ... once online account access was provides, I think they were overloaded with some of the packet and didn't see the tax returns (that I know we're there) ... oh well, sent back what was asked for and will see

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
12 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

It gave quite a list ... once online account access was provides, I think they were overloaded with some of the packet and didn't see the tax returns (that I know we're there) ... oh well, sent back what was asked for and will see

So they asked to send them supporting evidence for the affidavit of support form?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed concurrently which I read was recommended since it saves the fee and the USCIS officers separate them anyway and process separately. In our case they took the packet and sent us separate NOA1 numbers for each of the forms.

I-485 & I-131 sent overnight via FedEx today (10/25/2023)!

Submitted I-130 online on 10/15/2023 (concurrent filing) and received NOA "instantly".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

oh yay!!! good to see you again @mw & rg k1, and seems like we ended up to be in the same month (former i129f dec filers) again lol

we just submitted our AOS package (along with i765 and i131) to Chicago USCIS Lockbox on 10/21/2023 via UPS, and got it delivered on 10/24/2023. Waiting on the receipt.....

Timeline
52 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

oh yay!!! good to see you again @mw & rg k1, and seems like we ended up to be in the same month (former i129f dec filers) again lol

we just submitted our AOS package (along with i765 and i131) to Chicago USCIS Lockbox on 10/21/2023 via UPS, and got it delivered on 10/24/2023. Waiting on the receipt.....

Check just cashed!!

2 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

Count me in too 😀 I-129F December 2021 filer. AOS package sent on October 10, 2023, NOA-1 on October 13. Received RFIE for I-485 on October 23, still waiting for the letter. Btw how do you add your case to your MyUscis account? It asks for an online access code but we havent received it? It wasnt mentioned in the NO-1 either. 

Edited by serret

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Today, October 26th, we sent the AOS packet with the I-485, I-864, I-765 and the I-131 by USPS to the Chicago Lockbox.  Now it's just time to wait and see how things go.  It took almost 2 years to obtain the K1 visa.  My wife has no birth certificate so notarized Affidavits of birth were submitted along with a notarized copy of her translated national ID card and a Notarized and translated copy of her house registration/census document for Myanmar. These were the same documents used for her K1 visa, so hopefully no issues here in the states.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, serret said:

Count me in too 😀 I-129F December 2021 filer. AOS package sent on October 10, 2023, NOA-1 on October 13. Received RFIE for I-485 on October 23, still waiting for the letter. Btw how do you add your case to your MyUscis account? It asks for an online access code but we havent received it? It wasnt mentioned in the NO-1 either. 

Heyyyy!! another face I remember😁

Yes, i believe they will send an email to you regarding the code, but if you haven't received it for too long, maybe ask Emma??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My now wife applied for a SSN 30 days after we arrived in the US.  It arrived the day before I mailed out the AOS package, in which I denoted she had a SSN and I included a copy of it with the I-765 paperwork.  The SS card has the following typed on it above her SS number "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization".  Has anyone else obtained a SSN card with the notation above?  I am wondering if it was done like this because it was issued prior to the EAD.

We submitted initially in sept but they returned our application packet because of an issue with my credit card; we resubmitted the whole packet with a check instead this time and just received our NOA Oct 23.

mailed: Oct 6

received via fedex to Chicago dropbox: October 11

noa: Oct 23

still waiting next steps :)

10 hours ago, ThailandR said:

My now wife applied for a SSN 30 days after we arrived in the US.  It arrived the day before I mailed out the AOS package, in which I denoted she had a SSN and I included a copy of it with the I-765 paperwork.  The SS card has the following typed on it above her SS number "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization".  Has anyone else obtained a SSN card with the notation above?  I am wondering if it was done like this because it was issued prior to the EAD.

This happened to us too - it’s because there’s no work authorization yet, I believe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.