Bob tommy

Will wife’s esta answers effect our case? (Merged threads)

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bob tommy said:

The translation is charge in English yes. 

What country and language?  What's the word in the original language?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bob tommy said:

The translation is charge in English yes. 

“Charge” has a very specific legal meaning in the 5 major countries where English is the dominant language.

While the word   her language might translate to “charge”, she was not charged by U.S. legal standards. To be charged a prosecutor would need to be involved.

Just now, Mike E said:

“Charge” has a very specific legal meaning in the 5 major countries where English is the dominant language.

While the word   her language might translate to “charge”, she was not charged by U.S. legal standards. To be charged a prosecutor would need to be involved.

The equivalent of a district attorney sent the letter saying the preliminary investigation has been discontinued. The letter that summoned her to the police station is from the police and used the wording I mentioned above. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bob tommy said:

Germany, under the section Anlass/Straftat (Occasion/Crime) 

this is the document summoning her to the station. 

Not the same as charge.  Sound like the letter described the purpose of the inquiry, not any "charge" like any "in context" translation would indicate.  Sounds like a "no" to any questions about "arrest".  She was never arrested and never charged with any crime.  They investigated a possible crime and concluded there was no crime committed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Not the same as charge.  Sound like the letter described the purpose of the inquiry, not any "charge" like any "in context" translation would indicate.  Sounds like a "no" to any questions about "arrest".  She was never arrested and never charged with any crime.  They investigated a possible crime and concluded there was no crime committed.

Okay that makes more sense and definitely puts my mind at ease. Thank you so much. I’ll still run the situation by an attorney just to be thorough. That explication makes more sense than being charge without being arrested. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Bob tommy said:

Okay that makes more sense and definitely puts my mind at ease. Thank you so much. I’ll still run the situation by an attorney just to be thorough. That explication makes more sense than being charge without being arrested. 

Run it by a GERMAN attorney.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Forget that Germany

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Ontarkie
This post was recognized by Ontarkie!

Caligirl1 was awarded the badge 'Helpful Reply' and 3 points.

46 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If I might chip in here: I'm german: if the wording is : wird zur Last gelegt - it means, being accused of.But not charged - that's a difference. It would need to say : sie werden beschuldigt .....und deswegen angezeigt - it would mean being charged.

3 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

If I might chip in here: I'm german: if the wording is : wird zur Last gelegt - it means, being accused of.But not charged - that's a difference. It would need to say : sie werden beschuldigt .....und deswegen angezeigt - it would mean being charged.

The document asking her to appear was a ”Vorladung“ and then after that she got a letter saying the ”Vorbezeichnete Ermittlungsverfahren wurde eingestellt“. Hopefully that helps. Does that mean she was officially charged? Or was it just a questioning?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Bob tommy said:

The document asking her to appear was a ”Vorladung“

summoned or summons

21 minutes ago, Bob tommy said:

and then after that she got a letter saying the ”Vorbezeichnete Ermittlungsverfahren wurde eingestellt“. 

“The aforementioned investigation was discontinued”

Not arrested, charged, indicted

Ok. That took way too long and too many posts. @pushbrk did ask for the original term in her language.

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Mike E said:

summoned or summons

“The aforementioned investigation was discontinued”

Not arrested, charged, indicted

Ok. That took way too long and too many posts. @pushbrk did ask for the original term in her language.

We commonly get asked to comment about a poster's interpretation of a notice or message of some kind.  Often the interpretations are incorrect.  With the actual wording combined with knowledge of the process, things get cleared up pretty quickly.  A little different situation here, but same result.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just to add if anyone files a police report you will always receive a letter from the district attorney regarding the outcome. If it says the "Verfahren wurde eingestellt" it means they take no action. For instance somebody hit my car and drove off. For the insurance I had to go to the police and about 3 months later I got a letter informing me the "Verfahren wurde eingestellt". Verfahren" in this sense simply means that there had been a file that has been closed nothing more, no criminal charges there as they don't even know who hit my car.

Edited by LucindaLou

She went to the Police Station and was questioned, No charges were sought. If there was charges and they were later dropped she would have seen the Judge.being arrested is a formal act which results in charges befor the court. Being questioned is an investigation, and the police determined there will be no charges.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.