Jingle and Glenn

Tourist Visa Affidavit of Support

26 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Jingle and Glenn said:

Applying for a tourist visa only. We sent them an invitation letter and form i-134. I guess that's called a Declaration of Support instead than affidavit. Do they still be asked for bank statement to show that we send them money on a regular monthly basis or not necessary?

Omg, there is NO sponsorship for tourist visas !!!

if you want to sponsor them to live here, petition them properly!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 hours ago, Jingle and Glenn said:

My parents tourist visa is closer to their date interview. Last minute check on the documents and since we will sponsor their trip, expenses and all, my husband is the main sponsor on the affidavit of support form since he is a US citizen, do you think the consular will still look for bank statements that we send money to my parents on a monthly basis as we declared on the form i-134 during the interview? (Income contribution to the beneficiary annually)

Thanks for any advice you can give. 

A tourist Visa is issued Soley on the petitioners' merits,  there is no sponsorship, invitations, or  providing funds for the expenses for them , etc  will not obtain a Visitors Visa for them.

They have to give convincing evidence they will return to their country before expiration of the visa. 

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, SalishSea said:

Omg, there is NO sponsorship for tourist visas !!!

if you want to sponsor them to live here, petition them properly!

Not to petition them at the moment, because they don't want to live longer here. Just a plain visit. They have a lot of ties in the Philippines, especially work. I guess this time without mentioning the support, they will have to answer the interview questions with convincing evidence that they will come back to the Philippines. The property they owned, the work, the other grandkids, I just hope they able to answer very well. Glad I asked and know this ahead of time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jingle and Glenn said:

It's getting worrying because I thought it will be a big help as to finances. My mom is only a housewife and my dad doesn't earn much but they have strong ties to the home country. If they ask about who will support, they will probably say it will be us who will shoulder all the cost for the trip. But I hope they can support each other and answer all questions to prove they will come back to the Philippines. :(

It will work against them if you tell the consulate that you will be paying for their trip. They need to prove they can pay their own way and have very strong ties to home.  And invitation letter; proves nothing and it's a myth that it's even a thing. They need to prove to the CO that they will return home and you paying, is the opposite of that.

i came from south asean country and i completely understand OP's concern. many many people in SE asia adamant that "sponsorship" is the key for approval of B1/B2 visa and not strong ties to home country. it also doesnt help because of the currency exchange, the income in SE asia tend to be lower than US standard. no matter how many times i told them, they still think "sponsorship" is they key factor for approval. 

OP like other said : showing strong ties to the home country is the key for successful visa approval. there's no sponsorship visa for B1/B2 visa like some other foreign country requirement

4 minutes ago, Verrou said:

i came from south asean country and i completely understand OP's concern. many many people in SE asia adamant that "sponsorship" is the key for approval of B1/B2 visa and not strong ties to home country. it also doesnt help because of the currency exchange, the income in SE asia tend to be lower than US standard. no matter how many times i told them, they still think "sponsorship" is they key factor for approval. 

OP like other said : showing strong ties to the home country is the key for successful visa approval. there's no sponsorship visa for B1/B2 visa like some other foreign country requirement

Amazing this myth persists when even DOS official info explicitly states that a visa decision will be made without regard to any type of invitation letter or sponsorship.  People need to read the actual instructions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, SalishSea said:

Amazing this myth persists when even DOS official info explicitly states that a visa decision will be made without regard to any type of invitation letter or sponsorship.  People need to read the actual instructions.

Some Countries do look on Sponsorship and I think it all gets muddled.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

Some Countries do look on Sponsorship and I think it all gets muddled.

Right, which is why I said to check the published DOS info.  No US consulate requires or accepts sponsorship for tourist visas.

8 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

dont let me start with : once u apply for n-400 u cant never ever leave the US until you get ur citizenship.

mind you not everyone from SE asia can / speak / read english quite well and they listened more from their friends and it began like this " so and so said <insert the context>" 

i know its only an opinion, but myths are hard to die unfortunately

Edited by Verrou

US Embassy Manila's social media campaign on the issue.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

1 hour ago, top_secret said:

US Embassy Manila's social media campaign on the issue.

LOL, it’s not working……

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.