69 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Do not count on this. Your case sounds complicated. Consider getting yourself a lawyer, a divorce, and amending your petition to a divorce filing - especially if it isn't likely that you will mend your relationship. That is better - in my opinion - than waiting until you have a 10 year greencard to divorce, as right now, there are a lot of red flags that could be interpreted as fraud.

Will my chances be better for an approval, if I do everything you said, or will I be wasting my time?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Silas Ibrahim said:

Will my chances be better for an approval, if I do everything you said, or will I be wasting my time?

Look on YouTube for Hacking Immigration Law. He is an immigration attorney that has handled cases like these. You can ask questions in the live show. See what he says. His next show is tomorrow, not sure about the time.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

3 minutes ago, Redro said:

Why do you not want to file for divorce? 
With your history of wanting to file VAWA/ spousal abuse and not living with your spouse for the majority of your marriage inside the US- it sounds like it would be better to file with divorce waiver. 
I would definitely hire a lawyer though, this case sounds very complicated and if there are accusations of fraud you want someone to help you respond to those points. 

I told her that we should put everything in God’s hands, and see where he leads us.  We are both unsure of the future, and even though it is very complicated right now, and she doesn’t trust me, I think that with time we might be able to overcome our problems and move forward whether we are together or not.  Thanks for your responses!

7 minutes ago, Me and her said:

I believe many factors that you have listed may warrant competent professional advice.  I do not believe this site can give you the advice you are seeking.  Perhaps others may direct you to competent immigration attorneys....  best wishes.

Thank you for your help 

Either we’re being trolled here, or OP has managed to check every fraud box known to mankind.

If this story is real, you’ve got an uphill (both ways, in the snow) battle ahead of you.

19 minutes ago, Me and her said:

You did not answer the third question.  Are you staying until you receive the 10 yr green card?

No I am not

2 minutes ago, Silas Ibrahim said:

A lawyer would know best, which is why I am suggesting you seek one out. They are really the only people who can answer your questions effectively.

But my personal opinion (not to be taken as legal advice); I don't think it is a waste of time to file correctly; and from everything you have said, you are not in a relationship with your wife and have no intention of trying to resolve the issues in your marriage - therefore you no longer meet the requirement for a joint filing. Bear in mind there are serious consequences for being suspected of fraud- and the evidence doesn't just "go away" after approval.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

4 minutes ago, Silas Ibrahim said:

I told her that we should put everything in God’s hands, and see where he leads us.  We are both unsure of the future, and even though it is very complicated right now, and she doesn’t trust me, I think that with time we might be able to overcome our problems and move forward whether we are together or not.  Thanks for your responses!

So, you are just going to wait for a decision from USCIS without adding evidence of working on your relationship or even trying to work on the relationship? What will you do if the case is denied? 
Did you inform USCIS that you and your wife are no longer living in the same residence? 

37 minutes ago, Silas Ibrahim said:

No, we are not together, I don’t know if she will take me back this time, because of my living situation.  We aren’t working on the marriage, she want’s to go to counseling, but I declined.  I don’t really know if I want to continue on in the marriage either, so divorce is possible.  She doesn’t trust anything that I say anymore.  I will not file for divorce.

So why would she go to the ROC interview?   

3 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Either we’re being trolled here, or OP has managed to check every fraud box known to mankind.

If this story is real, you’ve got an uphill (both ways, in the snow) battle ahead of you.

My friend’s from other countries, that I work with have given me advice to file VAWA and I did, only I went back and we filed together after the filing of the VAWA petition.

36 minutes ago, Silas Ibrahim said:

I heard that they are waiving interview’s for I-751, but I don’t think that she will say much of anything, but I know that she will not lie about our separation’s.

You won’t have your interview waived, lol.   USCIS will be very curious about your fake VAWA claim.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Silas Ibrahim said:

I won’t be filing for divorce.

Why not? You're not living together, she's not going to counselling... so?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Just now, Silas Ibrahim said:

My friend’s from other countries, that I work with have given me advice to file VAWA and I did, only I went back and we filed together after the filing of the VAWA petition.

Yep, and so now that fraudulent claim is on your USCIS record.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.