stephbd

N-400 August 2023 Filers

278 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Bluewaters said:

I'm about to apply for naturalization and I would like to know if we have to scan and upload the supporting documents online. 

Thanks for feedback.

Yes, if you are applying for Naturalization online then scan all the required docs and upload it to your USCIS account. They have a tutorial on their website as well. Here is the checklist for all the docs needed for N-400 application. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/attachments.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Update: 10/08/23

I received an interview notice in the mail today from my local field office and it's for my I-751 ROC. I thought I was gonna get the N-400 Interview Notice in the mail. It's weird, and there is no update on my I-751 status online either.

The I-751 interview date, time and location is the same as for my N-400 Interview. Its gonna be a combo interview.

Edited by Meekmil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 10/7/2023 at 12:30 PM, DrIdu said:

What is an ROC… removal of conditions? We received unconditional permanent res, so didn’t require the ROC.

Our timeline went down to 6 months about a week before the interview was scheduled. Might not be the same circumstances, but hopefully you’re about to get an interview notice soon!

Well, it seems you were right! I just got a notification of a case update and we got our interview notice today!! Interview is on Nov 20, just in time for Thanksgiving! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 10/11/2023 at 4:58 PM, JenIE said:

Well, it seems you were right! I just got a notification of a case update and we got our interview notice today!! Interview is on Nov 20, just in time for Thanksgiving! :)

That's awesome! We filed around the same time but I haven't had a change in the estimated processing time. I hoping that the SF field office picks up the pace as I'd love to start the new year as a US citizen! 

1 hour ago, jmrincon said:

That's awesome! We filed around the same time but I haven't had a change in the estimated processing time. I hoping that the SF field office picks up the pace as I'd love to start the new year as a US citizen! 

I had an update of processing time that was reduced to 7 months, but still no interview notice, if it makes you feel better :) 

Starting 2024 as US citizen sounds like a great dream, it would indeed feel great ❤️ 

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/23/2023 - FedEX delivered application to Elgin Lockbox

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

11/20/2023 - USPS delivered interview notice

12/19/2023 - scheduled N400 interview in Orlando FO

est. time until case decision: 9 months (as of September, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 8 months (as of October, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 6 months (as of November, 2023)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751)

08/05/2022 - Mailed ROC Packet via USPS to Carol Stream, IL (Elgin Lockbox)

08/08/2022 - USPS delivered ROC Packet to P.O. BOX 

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

08/18/2022 - NOA in the mailbox ('24 months extension letter')

03/15/2023 - NOA in the mailbox ('48 months extension letter')

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, jmrincon said:

4 minutes ago, Maria P. said:

I had an update of processing time that was reduced to 7 months, but still no interview notice, if it makes you feel better :) 

Starting 2024 as US citizen sounds like a great dream, it would indeed feel great ❤️ 

Hoping you all can also see some progress before the end of the year and maybe even start the new year as a citizen!

On 10/8/2023 at 4:35 PM, Meekmil said:

Update: 10/08/23

I received an interview notice in the mail today from my local field office and it's for my I-751 ROC. I thought I was gonna get the N-400 Interview Notice in the mail. It's weird, and there is no update on my I-751 status online either.

The I-751 interview date, time and location is the same as for my N-400 Interview. Its gonna be a combo interview.

good luck!. Hope this combo goes like a smooth sailing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I applied on 10/6 by mail and the system says that a receipt has been sent; however, I haven’t received anything yet. Timeline was initially 16 months, but now it’s gone. I keep checking my online account to see if they will upload it 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Godschild said:

I applied on 10/6 by mail and the system says that a receipt has been sent; however, I haven’t received anything yet. Timeline was initially 16 months, but now it’s gone. I keep checking my online account to see if they will upload it 

Just received notification today that they will reuse my biometrics. I guess I’m just waiting for my interview to be scheduled. 

Filed: Timeline

GC 2-years 2012. Thru marriage. 

GC 10 years 2014.

N-400 filed August 29th 2023 online.

Biometrics were reused. 

September 9th online update for interview notice.

October 18th interview.

Application approved. Waiting for oath ceremony to be scheduled.

Houston TX. 

16 hours ago, mscma said:

GC 10 years 2014.

Biometrics were reused. 

October 18th interview.

Houston TX. 

impressive - from application to interview scheduled only 12 days...that's the shortest processing time I've seen - huge congrats! 

Filed: Timeline
On 10/18/2023 at 6:52 PM, mscma said:

GC 10 years 2014.

Biometrics were reused. 

October 18th interview.

Houston TX. 

Online update. 

Ceremony scheduled for November 15th.

Update your o my application 

Had my interview 1:15 pm today at Montgomery Alabama. I got approved and will received a notice soon when and where the Oath will be held.I live in Pensacola so my oath will be in Pensacola as what the officer told me.

the officer didnt ask me any other evidence except to my Green card. He asked my 6 questions only since I corrected all of it.

The questions were:

what is emancipation of proclamation do?

who was the Vice President of USa?

Name one of the longest river in US

How many years is the president term?

how many years the House of Representatives be elected?

who is benjamin Franklin

it was easy and quick interview only took 10 mins. 

hope you all have a great day… 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.