stephbd

N-400 August 2023 Filers

278 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, ability said:

I applied at the end of August. This morning, I was informed that I will have an interview soon. I'm not sure if this is because I emailed my senator's office on Sunday and received a response from them yesterday stating they would try to help. Anyway, my question is, should I take my husband with me? My I-751 was already approved, and I'm wondering if I can go there on my own, we both work, it’s kind of hard now to take two days off 

Any advice guys?

If it's a N-400 based on 3 year rule there's no better proof of bonafide marriage than US citizen spouse taking time off and caring enough to support their naturalizing spouse. They may be asked a question or two also informally, I heard of such cases.

8 hours ago, OldUser said:

If it's a N-400 based on 3 year rule there's no better proof of bonafide marriage than US citizen spouse taking time off and caring enough to support their naturalizing spouse. They may be asked a question or two also informally, I heard of such cases.

Thank you for your response. Yes, it make sense. I’m wondering what does it mean , today I got a new notification that -On February 23, 2024, we cancelled or descheduled the interview scheduled for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number (((

21 minutes ago, ability said:

Thank you for your response. Yes, it make sense. I’m wondering what does it mean , today I got a new notification that -On February 23, 2024, we cancelled or descheduled the interview scheduled for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number (((

Sorry to hear about that. There may be many reasons why your interview got this notification. Maybe the office is busy or something urgent came up. However, unless you receive something in the mail, I'd still show up for the interview with original letter you got in the mail. Sometimes USCIS has glitches in their IT systems sending incorrect statuses and updates. You don't want to miss the interview because of that!

Hello everyone, I just had my naturalization ceremony today.

I applied for my  N-400 on August 15.

Notification of interview schedule on January 8.

The interview was scheduled for February 27.

Naturalization Ceremony on February 29. 

FYI: Based on 3 years Marriage rule and Office in Oakland Park Florida. 

Good Luck to you all and thanks for sharing all your experiences here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone, I did my N-400 interview yesterday at Kansas City FO, the interview was scheduled for 7:30 am I was in at 7am and was called in right at 7:30. The officer was super nice and friendly she did not ask me much about the I-751 and did approve it before proceeding for N-400. It went like a breeze I answered the first 6 questions correctly, so she did stop there and moved towards the writing part and then she told me to sign on the iPad. Few min later she said congratulations I passed and approving n-400 as well. I can say she was the best officer with a vibrant and joyful personality. She did not even try to make me nervous or anything.  I was in and out in approx. 50 min. Thankyou everyone in this group. The online status has not changed yet which is fine coz the officer told me thrice that I am approved for both the cases. 

I applied for my N-400 on August 15, 2023

Notification of interview schedule on January 10.

The interview was scheduled for February 29. 

FYI: Based on 3 years Marriage rule and Office in Kansas City. 

Good Luck to you all and thanks for sharing all your experiences here.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My immigration journey began on July 30th, 2018. Feels weird saying that because it has been 6 years … where does the time go? Lol Anywho I filed my I-751 on August 4, 2022 and my N400 on August 3, 2023. On February 22, 2024 I had my combo interview at the Albany, NY Field Office. I was not notified that it would be a combo interview so I uploaded a letter requesting a combo interview. It was indeed a combo interview. The IO asked if we were notified to bring my husband. We were not notified but thankfully - VisaJourney always coming in with good pointers - I brought my husband anyways. The interview was wonderful. We were in there for a good couple of hours between getting to the office, going through security, and then waiting to be checked in. Our interview was at 7:45am but they were having computer issues so we didn’t get called in to our interview until 8:30ish. It felt like a natural conversation. The IO was laid back and super nice. We went through the I751 portion first. He asked me and my husband a few questions about our relationship/married life etc. We randomly started talking about TikTok videos and books (husband is avid reader). Next was the N400 portion and he allowed my husband to stay with me the entire time… which was awesome! We did the civics and English test and I got all 6 questions correct they were:

1. Who is your state representative?
  2. What is the capital of New York?
  3. Name 3 of the 13 original states.
  4. There are 4 amendments to the constitution about who can vote. Describe one.
  5. Why did the colonists fight the British? 
  6. What is the supreme law of the land?

After all was said and done. He took photocopies of some of the new evidence I brought with me. They hadn’t received my I-751 so he wasn’t able to approve me on the spot, but he did give me the letter saying I passed but a decision could not be made. 

After the interview my status changed to “We are actively reviewing your case”

March 22, 2024 my online account updated stating my I751 was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction.

March 25, 2024 N400 showed “We are recommending your N400 for approval”, I checked it a few hours later and it changed to “Oath Ceremony will be scheduled”.

March 26, 2023 checked online again and my I751 was Approved

Now we wait for my Oath ceremony date and time! Fingers crossed it’s in May lol 

It’s been a wild ride y’all and I’m finally happy to be nearing the end of this journey. Big shout out to all the fantastic people on visa journey who helped me. 

Edited by sweethrtt
Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oath Ceremony has been scheduled April 19, 2024!!! 

Wooooooooooooo 🎉🎉🎉

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.