stephbd

N-400 August 2023 Filers

278 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Creating this thread as I don't see one for August filers (if there is one already, please disregard/merge if possible).

Filed my N400 application online earlier this morning and already received the receipt notice and confirmation of biometrics being reused. Checked back in one hour later and the status says "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS".

I currently have a pending I-751 (August 2022 filer) and hoping the N400 will move the case along or lead to a combo interview.

Best of luck to all of us! 🙌🏽

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yesterday was the first day we were eligible and we just submitted today. Our case pretty much instantly went from "case received" to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS". We somehow got our I-751 approved in January (after 5 months) so not too concerned about how long this takes, but hoping it goes smoothly!

image.thumb.png.624c4d80b7a29efe495e21597e067d6f.png

Here we go again! Mr. Idu submitted his n-400 as spouse (3-year)... his is within the 90 days, so just got it done for sanity's sake. He submitted online. 

Nothing special came of it, though.

Submission was mostly smooth (had to use a different browser to upload the documents), got a receipt of the payment but nothing else so far. The site says 16 months (!!!) processing time, for a typical 5-year-based application. But, of course, we are not typical... hopefully that time will be shaved down to much less time than that! 

So the waiting period begins... again... I'm looking forward to the immigration saga drawing to a close. 

If it helps others, he filled out info for 5 years (even though he is a spouse and part of the 3-year camp) where it mattered (address, work, etc). Uploaded the following evidence documents: 

• Marriage certificate
  • My birth certificate
  • Three years of tax return transcripts
  • Three years of insurance policy documents 

Praying that's good enough to get us down the processing road and to the oath ceremony, swiftly. 

Here's to waiting together! 🙌 Sending positive and speedy processing vibes all around.

11 minutes ago, DrIdu said:

The site says 16 months (!!!) processing time, for a typical 5-year-based application.

Welcome to the thread!! As soon as I filed, it said something like that (I can’t recall exactly the number). But after I opened the receipt notice, the estimated time of processing dropped to 9 months.

From what I am seeing in other threads, the N400 is being processed super quickly! Interview notices are being mailed after two or three months — let’s hope it stays like that for August filers! 🙏🏾😊

N400

ROC

AOS

Timeline
3 hours ago, stephbd said:

Welcome to the thread!! As soon as I filed, it said something like that (I can’t recall exactly the number). But after I opened the receipt notice, the estimated time of processing dropped to 9 months.

From what I am seeing in other threads, the N400 is being processed super quickly! Interview notices are being mailed after two or three months — let’s hope it stays like that for August filers! 🙏🏾😊

Same! It said 16 months for me too when I completed the submission but as soon as the status changed to "Actively reviewed" (which was almost instant) the time changed to 9 months.

Hello everyone,

August filer here as well. 

Filed on 8/10/23, and in two hours it got reused byometrics and the message "we are actively reviewing your case". 

Estimation is 9 months. 

I will keep updating on my case in the future as well.

Good luck to everyone and let's all finish under that 9 month mark or even hopefully much sooner. 

Quick update: 

• Processing time dropped to 10 months on USCIS site. Not sure when that happened. We've been busy with stuff. 
  • Biometrics appointment scheduled for Sep 8 
  • Just received the ROA (I think that's what it is) that we received online, in the mail

Things are moving along. Continuing to put out positive vibes for a speedy process to naturalization! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/8/2023 at 5:38 PM, JenIE said:

Yesterday was the first day we were eligible and we just submitted today. Our case pretty much instantly went from "case received" to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS". We somehow got our I-751 approved in January (after 5 months) so not too concerned about how long this takes, but hoping it goes smoothly!

image.thumb.png.624c4d80b7a29efe495e21597e067d6f.png

i think this 9 moths is a generic processing time sent to everyone. I filed mine August as well in Dallas field office and got the same 9 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I filed my N400 (3 year eligibility ) online on 8/21/2023. In a couple minutes the status changed from 16 months to 10 months. I hope the rest of the process also goes as quick like this, lol. 

It has been quite a journey with USCIS, Can't wait for this last step to be done.

Oh, Do we need to send pictures of the two of us for this case as well ? 

Edited by Meekmil

Filed on August 18. As soon as I got the Biometrics Reuse letter shortly after filing, processing time was shown as 10 months.

This morning I received an email “we’ve taken action on your case”, but the last update is still August 18, no new updates/documents, still 10 months.  I guess something happened behind the scenes?

21 hours ago, fred16384 said:

Filed on August 18. As soon as I got the Biometrics Reuse letter shortly after filing, processing time was shown as 10 months.

This morning I received an email “we’ve taken action on your case”, but the last update is still August 18, no new updates/documents, still 10 months.  I guess something happened behind the scenes?

I got a couple of those emails the following two days after filing and when I checked there were no new updates lol I think that automated message goes out when they upload files to your case (like the receipt notice and biometrics)

N400

ROC

AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Fellow August filer here! Our earliest filing day was Aug 23rd (90 days before the 3 year anniversary of me becoming a permanent resident). Anyway, our attorney decided to file our N-400 by mailing it to a USCIS lockbox in Tempe, AZ. Apparently she thinks it’s safer to file it by mail because the website is famously glitchy. My question is, does anyone know how long it takes to scan the mailed application into the system after it’s in the lockbox? I would love to have a receipt number so that I could check the status of the application. Google said it may take 8 to 9 weeks for them to get it in the system! That seems like an insanely long time! Has anyone else done this by mail in a long time? 

I appreciate any input! Let’s hope everyone’s N-400 keep moving fast! 

Hi ,i filed online and receipt notice was same day ,but also received the letter by mail a week after ,was the same for my ROC ,it wont take that long. 

Edited by Lirca

11 hours ago, HelsinkiFi said:

Hi everyone!

Fellow August filer here! Our earliest filing day was Aug 23rd (90 days before the 3 year anniversary of me becoming a permanent resident). Anyway, our attorney decided to file our N-400 by mailing it to a USCIS lockbox in Tempe, AZ. Apparently she thinks it’s safer to file it by mail because the website is famously glitchy. My question is, does anyone know how long it takes to scan the mailed application into the system after it’s in the lockbox? I would love to have a receipt number so that I could check the status of the application. Google said it may take 8 to 9 weeks for them to get it in the system! That seems like an insanely long time! Has anyone else done this by mail in a long time? 

I appreciate any input! Let’s hope everyone’s N-400 keep moving fast! 

I don’t think it should take that long. For my i751 it took 4 business days to receive a text message with the case number. I filed my n400 online and it seems to be the case for most people in the forum. Good luck and keep us posted!

N400

ROC

AOS

Timeline
35 minutes ago, stephbd said:

I don’t think it should take that long. For my i751 it took 4 business days to receive a text message with the case number. I filed my n400 online and it seems to be the case for most people in the forum. Good luck and keep us posted!

Yeah I'm curious about the glitchy comment -- there are definitely other forms that clearly haven't had the code updated since the late 90s but this one was very straightforward and easy and modern feeling. I would bet most people filed online as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.